Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jul 25, 12, 2:48 am

Programs: QF WP, VA SG
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear View Post
Arriving in ZRH from ATH in Y and onwards to BOS. I have United Club membership (business lounges), which would be the easiest/best given that I'd be departing from E?

I have an unfortunately long layover in ZRH (9 hours!), so I'll most likely leave and walk around the city for a bit.
The Business lounge near the A gates will be your best bet. It is only a short walk to the Heidi train over to E.

As for the city, 9 hours is perfect. The train takes only 15 minutes to Zurich HB and with the 6 hours or so you'll have, that is a perfect amount of time to take a walk down the Bahnhofstrasse towards the Zurichsee, take a look at the Fraumuenster Kirche, drop into Spruengli for a Truffe du Jour, then walk back up the other bank of the Limmat towards the train station with a short stop to take the Polybahn up to the university for a great view over the city.

If you stop at the Tourist Office at the Zurich HB you can grab a city map that has a nice walking tour in it which you could complete in that period of time and takes a slightly more interesting route than that I propose above.
Old Jul 25, 12, 6:07 am

Hello.

I'll be flying on a Swiss business class ticket in a couple of months. I know I can only access the business lounge.

Before boarding, I would like to take a shower. I wanted to ask if the showers in this lounge are equipped with towels and toiletries or will I need to ask someone for them prior to using the shower?

Thanks, pw.
Old Jul 25, 12, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pollywaffle View Post
Hello.

I'll be flying on a Swiss business class ticket in a couple of months. I know I can only access the business lounge.

Before boarding, I would like to take a shower. I wanted to ask if the showers in this lounge are equipped with towels and toiletries or will I need to ask someone for them prior to using the shower?

Thanks, pw.
In Zurich- the lounge attendant will give you the towels and toiletries when they unlock the shower room for you. I cannot recall the toiletries brand- however I do recall I much prefer my own brand so I always make sure to bring my own if I am going to take a shower at Zurich (or any other airport for that matter).
Old Jul 25, 12, 7:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
I cannot recall the toiletries brand- however I do recall I much prefer my own brand so I always make sure to bring my own if I am going to take a shower at Zurich (or any other airport for that matter).
BVLGARI in the FCL but it's obviously not good enough for you.
Old Jul 25, 12, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
BVLGARI in the FCL but it's obviously not good enough for you.
The BVLGARI product of course is a very generous offering however I don't think it is to be found in the business lounges the last time I checked.

As habit I have just started carrying and using my own products- saves any risk of allergies etc (even very high end/top price products often have SILS in them which at least for me drive my allergies through the roof).
Old Jul 25, 12, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Reg
Originally Posted by *A Flyer View Post
The Business lounge near the A gates will be your best bet. It is only a short walk to the Heidi train over to E.

As for the city, 9 hours is perfect. The train takes only 15 minutes to Zurich HB and with the 6 hours or so you'll have, that is a perfect amount of time to take a walk down the Bahnhofstrasse towards the Zurichsee, take a look at the Fraumuenster Kirche, drop into Spruengli for a Truffe du Jour, then walk back up the other bank of the Limmat towards the train station with a short stop to take the Polybahn up to the university for a great view over the city.

If you stop at the Tourist Office at the Zurich HB you can grab a city map that has a nice walking tour in it which you could complete in that period of time and takes a slightly more interesting route than that I propose above.
Great! Thanks very much! That sounds like a wonderful plan.
Old Jul 25, 12, 5:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
In Zurich- the lounge attendant will give you the towels and toiletries when they unlock the shower room for you.
They do? The only time I had a shower in ZRH about one year ago the towels were already present in the shower room (including a not so nice left over cleaning rag, got room #4 on the women's side) and the "toiletries" (basically a combined shower gel/shampoo product) were provided in a dispenser inside the shower. Also, I had to unlock the shower room myself (in exchange for my BP they handed me a bulky, well, "thing" serving as both the key and an occupied/needs cleaning sign).
Old Jul 26, 12, 6:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

The BVLGARI product of course is a very generous offering however I don't think it is to be found in the business lounges the last time I checked.
I don't get much chance to take a shower when transiting in ZRH but the first time I took one there was a transparent plastic bag with BVLGARI products in the shower room waiting to be taken home. You don't want to leave half-used bottles of shampoo and lotions for the next person, do you? The second time I was there a few weeks ago the same BVULGARI products were there but minus the plastic bag.

BTW why can't they provide a chair or something to put your change of clothes and other belongings in the FCL shower room?
Old Jul 26, 12, 9:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
BTW why can't they provide a chair or something to put your change of clothes and other belongings in the FCL shower room?
It' even worse in the business lounge showers (at least in the room I was assigned). The hanger for your clothes is located extremely close to the shower cubicle (which cannot be closed) and the weird and hardly-adjustable shower head points straight in the direction of your clothes.
Old Jul 27, 12, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have wondered about this as well. Clearly the designers (in general) of airport shower rooms have never actually taken a shower in an airport. The very worst for this is DOH- I have not figured out how to take a shower there without getting everything soaking wet.

At ZRH- one more hanger really wouldn't hurt anyone either would it?
Old Jul 28, 12, 6:09 pm

LX Arrival and UA Departure

Arriving LX J and I have about a 5 hour layover. Am I able to go into the Swiss arrivals lounge then grab breakfast then going to go into the city for a couple hours and then come back. Can I use the LX lounges when I depart business on UA from ZRH? If so I see there are several so which is the best one to use that is close to UA departure gate?
Old Jul 28, 12, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlyGuy24 View Post
Arriving LX J and I have about a 5 hour layover. Am I able to go into the Swiss arrivals lounge then grab breakfast then going to go into the city for a couple hours and then come back. Can I use the LX lounges when I depart business on UA from ZRH? If so I see there are several so which is the best one to use that is close to UA departure gate?
Assuming your LX flight arrives in the morning you will have access to the Swiss arrival lounge. The lounge closes at 1pm.

The use of a lounge after your return to the airport depends on the class of travel or status. UA flights depart from Dock E where there is no LX lounge. There is a lounge in Dock E (Panorama Lounge) but I'm not familiar with access rules for this lounge by UA passengers. If you are *G or travelling in C, you should have access to LX lounges in Transfer Area A which are after security but before passport control.
Old Jul 29, 12, 3:39 am

Programs: Miles and more Senator, Matmid Silver, AAdvantage GLD, Starwood
Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Hi
Flying ZRH TLV on 256. Until when is the lounge open, and where can I take a fast shower?
Old Jul 29, 12, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by yyzzrh View Post
Hi
Flying ZRH TLV on 256. Until when is the lounge open, and where can I take a fast shower?
Check lounge info on swiss.com.

Both Business and Senator lounges in A (Schengen) are open until 22:30 but you will have to allow time to get to your departure gate in E. I don't believe there are showers in the Panorama Lounge.
Old Jul 31, 12, 3:25 pm

Anyone been in the Panorama Lounge in Dock E? I was reading that it was the best independent lounge in Europe this past year. Has anyone been in there and how much better is it than the normal Swiss Business lounges in ZRH?

Search this Thread