Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old May 4, 12, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Pardon what is surely repetitive but it's difficult to sift through and make sure you're exactly right.

JFK-ZRH-DXB, all in C. 2 hour layover.

It seems I'd be both arriving and departing from E, but shower options (Business or Arrivals) are both in main terminal, correct? Is either one easier for transit? Where exactly are they each located?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 12, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by hotelmotel View Post
Pardon what is surely repetitive but it's difficult to sift through and make sure you're exactly right.

JFK-ZRH-DXB, all in C. 2 hour layover.

It seems I'd be both arriving and departing from E, but shower options (Business or Arrivals) are both in main terminal, correct? Is either one easier for transit? Where exactly are they each located?

Thanks!
No worries about asking. You're right, both arriving and departing in E. 2 hours are just about right for what you like to do.

If you're allowed to get into Schengen/Switzerland, and arriving in the morning, just follow the signs reading Exit, in the baggage hall you'll be passing through (Heidi Train, passport control, then baggage hall) follow the signs that read "Swiss Arrival Lounge". It's now located outside the "Secure Area", so you'll have to re-enter airside (and have security and passport check again) but definitely worth over spending 2 hours in the E gate lounge. I would just leave after you've eaten and taken your shower, if you still have some time back in E, you can visit the lounge there and do some plane spotting. While everything else there is worse than the LX C Lounge, it's at least offering a nice view and you can just leave once your flight is boarding.

If you arrive in the afternoon/evening, you unfortunately have to enter Switzerland as well, as the D Business gate lounge don't have showers. So you'll take Heidi train, then passport control, then follow transit to A gates sign, use the lounge, and head back to E gates afterwards. There are rarely any queue at the passport control before the Heidi ride back, but I wouldn't cut it too close either, besides the shower, not so much of a difference between the normal LX C lounge and the E gate contract lounge.
Old May 15, 12, 4:54 am

Programs: UA
Swiss Arrival Lounge D-Gate

Hi NewbieRunner and Yurop,

I emailed SWISS about what the easiest shower lounge would be on a LAX-ZRH-LCY itinerary in C in July and a customer agent wrote back

"You can make use of the new Swiss Arrival Lounge at D-gate which has over 15 shower facilities. Upon arrival in Zurich simply follow directions to D-gate or ask staff for assistance. You can contact the Lounge should you require more information, and they can be reached on +41 (0)43 812 58 00."

I can't find anything to support shower availability at the Swiss D SEN/Business Lounges on the Swiss website (seems like the Transfer Area A lounges are it?) nor an "Arrival Lounge" except for the one noted by everyone when leaving Terminal 2.

Is this a mysterious forthcoming new lounge?
Old May 15, 12, 5:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greatmoosy View Post
Hi NewbieRunner and Yurop,

I emailed SWISS about what the easiest shower lounge would be on a LAX-ZRH-LCY itinerary in C in July and a customer agent wrote back

"You can make use of the new Swiss Arrival Lounge at D-gate which has over 15 shower facilities. Upon arrival in Zurich simply follow directions to D-gate or ask staff for assistance. You can contact the Lounge should you require more information, and they can be reached on +41 (0)43 812 58 00."

I can't find anything to support shower availability at the Swiss D SEN/Business Lounges on the Swiss website (seems like the Transfer Area A lounges are it?) nor an "Arrival Lounge" except for the one noted by everyone when leaving Terminal 2.

Is this a mysterious forthcoming new lounge?
Welcome to FT, greatmoosy!

I'm afraid whoever answered your email is confused! The lounge being referred to is the new Arrival Lounge which is outside the customs in Arrival 2, so you'll need to go through passport control to get there. There is a newly refurbished lounge near D gates (where LCY flights depart from) but as far as I know there are no showers (even the toilets are outside the lounge down the corridor!)

Since the Swiss Lounge in Transfer Area A is in Schengen and you'll need to go through passport control to get there, I think your best bet is to go to the Arrival Lounge. After your visit to the lounge you can go througth priority security before going to your departure gate.
Old May 15, 12, 5:29 am

Programs: UA
Thanks for the quick reply NewbieRunner! Long time lurker, but confusion over these lounges has prompted me to officially join up.

Unfortunately my LAX-ZRH flight lands around 1500 or so, well after the Arrivals Lounge closes. I have a just under 3 hour layover (assuming no delays) and travelling on a US passport so I suppose I would try for the Transfer A lounges, but can I even get into the Schengen area with a departing flight from the non-Schengen area?
Old May 15, 12, 8:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by greatmoosy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply NewbieRunner! Long time lurker, but confusion over these lounges has prompted me to officially join up.

Unfortunately my LAX-ZRH flight lands around 1500 or so, well after the Arrivals Lounge closes. I have a just under 3 hour layover (assuming no delays) and travelling on a US passport so I suppose I would try for the Transfer A lounges, but can I even get into the Schengen area with a departing flight from the non-Schengen area?
Ah, I hadn't thought about the arrival time of your flight. In that case the Swiss Lounge in A seems like your only option.

There should be no problem entering Schengen with your US passport. Just tell them you are in transit and want to visit the Swiss lounge.
Old May 17, 12, 6:34 am

Zurich Arrival Lounge access policy

I thought it might be useful to summarise the access policy for the new Arrival Lounge in ZRH in this sticky. Thanks to SWISS Lurker for investigating and posting the information.

Access policy on swiss.com.

Further information supplied by SWISS Lurker:

- All Miles&More status customers (FTL, SEN, HON) irrespective of the logo or branding of their Miles&More status card, have access to the SWISS Arrivals Lounge, also irrespective of where they are arriving from (both EU and IC flights), and irrespective of whether arriving on LX or on LH (FTL/SEN: Star Alliance flights; HON: any carrier).

- Star Gold status customers are not eligible for SWISS Arrival Lounge access when travelling in Economy on any carrier.

- Business Class passengers without M&M status only of SWISS and Lufthansa are admitted, both long- and shorthaul for SWISS, longhaul only for Lufthansa.

- First Class passengers without M&M status only of SWISS and Lufthansa are admitted.
Old May 18, 12, 3:49 am

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
I thought it might be useful to summarise the access policy for the new Arrival Lounge in ZRH in this sticky. Thanks to SWISS Lurker for investigating and posting the information.

Access policy on swiss.com.

Further information supplied by SWISS Lurker:

- All Miles&More status customers (FTL, SEN, HON) irrespective of the logo or branding of their Miles&More status card, have access to the SWISS Arrivals Lounge, also irrespective of where they are arriving from (both EU and IC flights), and irrespective of whether arriving on LX or on LH (FTL/SEN: Star Alliance flights; HON: any carrier).

- Star Gold status customers are not eligible for SWISS Arrival Lounge access when travelling in Economy on any carrier.

- Business Class passengers without M&M status only of SWISS and Lufthansa are admitted, both long- and shorthaul for SWISS, longhaul only for Lufthansa.

- First Class passengers without M&M status only of SWISS and Lufthansa are admitted.
This is incorrect - LH flights only eligible if connecting from long haul
Old May 18, 12, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Egor View Post
This is incorrect - LH flights only eligible if connecting from long haul
Only if you are a Business Class passenger without M&M status, but that's what it says in the text I quoted from SwissInternationalAirlines's post in another thread.

FTL/SEN/HON should have access to the Arrival Lounge "irrespective of where they are arriving from (both EU and IC flights), and irrespective of whether arriving on LX or on LH (FTL/SEN: Star Alliance flights; HON: any carrier)."
Old May 23, 12, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Fly LX for the first time and transiting through ZRH. In a different thread I had a couple questions answered but couldn't find the answer to this question by doing searches.

I will have access to the F lounge, but I am planning on going into Zurich for a few hours. Do they have a baggage service in the lounge so we don't have to carry our backpacks and roller bag through the city?

Thanks
Old May 24, 12, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLyer82 View Post
Fly LX for the first time and transiting through ZRH. In a different thread I had a couple questions answered but couldn't find the answer to this question by doing searches.

I will have access to the F lounge, but I am planning on going into Zurich for a few hours. Do they have a baggage service in the lounge so we don't have to carry our backpacks and roller bag through the city?

Thanks
No baggage service at the lounge however there is a left luggage service at ZRH which I have used and it works very well:

http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...spx/tabid-157/

Don't recall the exact cost but it was something reasonable.
Old May 24, 12, 3:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Some unsolicited information

For those who ask about peak times at the lounge: It seems that it gets really crowded around 11:15am, currently, there's hardly any seat left in the business lounge, and there are people sitting on the stairs in the SEN lounge. Half an hour earlier, the lounge had been almost empty.

And something I have just discovered about the WiFi vouchers - you may actually use any of them to sign up three concurrent devices. The info is printed on the vouchers, but it seems that I have always missed out on that. So, if you want to connect your laptop, your phone and your tablet, all you need is a single voucher code.

Edit: Ah, and no ice cream yet.

Last edited by bruce80; May 24, 12 at 3:50 am
Old May 24, 12, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
And something I have just discovered about the WiFi vouchers - you may actually use any of them to sign up three concurrent devices. The info is printed on the vouchers, but it seems that I have always missed out on that. So, if you want to connect your laptop, your phone and your tablet, all you need is a single voucher code.
Correct- I have actually logged in with my laptop, blackberry, and Ipad without a problem.
Old May 24, 12, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
No baggage service at the lounge however there is a left luggage service at ZRH which I have used and it works very well:

http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...spx/tabid-157/

Don't recall the exact cost but it was something reasonable.
Thanks for the info. Have you left valuables with a them before? Really talking about laptop, ipad, headphones etc. Not sure I want to walk with those things in a backpack through the city but at least then I'm responsible for their well keeping.
Old May 24, 12, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLyer82 View Post
Thanks for the info. Have you left valuables with a them before? Really talking about laptop, ipad, headphones etc. Not sure I want to walk with those things in a backpack through the city but at least then I'm responsible for their well keeping.
I left my ipad and laptop at the left luggage counter without any problems. I certainly would say this is safer than lugging them around the city.

Search this Thread