Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Mar 25, 12, 10:33 am

Programs: qatar airways
How busy will the long bar be on a sunday evening at say 9pm?

I have been to it once before at 11am on a Sunday and it was un-maned and deserted, presumably as it was too early to drink for most.
Old Mar 25, 12, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior View Post
How busy will the long bar be on a sunday evening at say 9pm?

I have been to it once before at 11am on a Sunday and it was un-maned and deserted, presumably as it was too early to drink for most.
Pretty quiet in my experiences. The busy time at 21:00 is for the E pier with Asia and Latin America flights- not a lot going on in Senator Schengen land.
Old Mar 25, 12, 3:17 pm

Programs: qatar airways
Good.

I was going to offer to guest someone into the FCL but I guess no point as everyone on my flight who needs guesting will be in the E pier.
Old Mar 27, 12, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior View Post
Good.

I was going to offer to guest someone into the FCL but I guess no point as everyone on my flight who needs guesting will be in the E pier.
In which case just stay in the Panorama lounge?

While the FCL is nice- if I had a group and was connecting E to E or were already in E I would not bother to reclear security, ride the train, clear passport control- to get a ride back to... E!
Old Mar 27, 12, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
In which case just stay in the Panorama lounge?

While the FCL is nice- if I had a group and was connecting E to E or were already in E I would not bother to reclear security, ride the train, clear passport control- to get a ride back to... E!
On the other hand, if the connection time is above 2 hours, I would definitely do so. Getting into/out of Schengen is very easy and fast, the train ride no big deal at all, and getting from and to E from the F lounge should take all-in-all not more than 10 minutes, worst case train-just-drove off included..
Old Mar 30, 12, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hi,
I have a upcoming trip LX53 BOS-ZRH, then connecting to TG971 ZRH-BKK, same day. All in business class.
Just two questions:
1. This is a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection, so I don't need a transit visa as long as I stay within airside, right? (I am not US citizen)
2. I don't have any *A status. Which lounge(s) could I use?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 30, 12, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by mediator View Post
Hi,
I have a upcoming trip LX53 BOS-ZRH, then connecting to TG971 ZRH-BKK, same day. All in business class.
Just two questions:
1. This is a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection, so I don't need a transit visa as long as I stay within airside, right? (I am not US citizen)
2. I don't have any *A status. Which lounge(s) could I use?

Thanks in advance!
Hi. Yes, you can stay airside. No problem at all. You will transfer within Terminal E, which is the small satellite terminal. No need to ride the Heidi train. There is exactly one lounge there you can access, no need to compare Do you require a visa for Switzerland? If no, I would suggest for a transfer time over 4 hours to definitely go landside. If yes, then I'm sorry but spotting planes in the lounge (which is nothing to write home about) will be all you can do. There is free internet, decent amount of newspapers, some basic hot and cold food, enough alcohol but nothing of high standard. At least the view on the tarmac is good.
Old Mar 30, 12, 2:12 pm

@YuropFlyer flyer
Thanks! I only have a little more than 2hrs so I don't plan to leave the airport. I guess the only lounge I could access is the Bellevue lounge in Terminal E? How's their selection for hot food?
Old Mar 30, 12, 2:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
@YuropFlyer flyer
Thanks! I only have a little more than 2hrs so I don't plan to leave the airport. I guess the only lounge I could access is the Bellevue lounge in Terminal E? How's their selection for hot food?
It used to be called the Bellevue Lounge but is now called the Panorama Lounge. More information may be found here:
http://www.panoramalounge.ch/#1001002
Old Mar 30, 12, 2:59 pm

The website has it pretty much. Yes, Panorama lounge it is.

Hot food is usually exactly one choice of hot item, most often it's either an "asian rice dish" (pretty bland), "asian noodles like bami goreng" (slightly better but still not good) or some swiss food like Älplermagronen (similar to whats known as Macaroni and cheese in english speaking countries) - there had been a spinach version of it recently as well, which was better - still, I would prefer an average meal at a restaurant over their offerings. Besides that one item you usually get a soup - not bad, but again, nothing special. For breakfast, usually no hot items but rather croissants. Generally, the food offering is pretty much 1:1 like in the FTL/Business lounge in the main terminal, plus some sandwiches (cold). Oh, and the hot food offerings are usually only there during meal times..

Fortunately, with just 2 hours time there, you can try a bit from the food, then walk around a bit and soon board already again. Food on both TG and LX in C is definitely better than what the Panorama lounge does offer.
Old Mar 30, 12, 3:56 pm

@[email protected]
Thanks for the suggestions!
Old Apr 21, 12, 11:06 am

Programs: AE, CIBC AeroInfiniteP, AmexPLAT, SPG-G Hyatt-D
ZRH FCL Entrance Options

Hi,

Mrs. LFC is travelling tomorrow on LX87-F from YUL-ZRH-BKK (7 hour layover, then onwards on TG971-F after lunch). Upon landing, she wishes to visit the LX FCL to freshen up, then head into town for some shopping, sightseeing and enjoy a cafe (and purchase some chocolates) at the famous Sprungli Pastries shops in the city centre.^

A Couple of questions:

1) Is the LX FCL in the same terminal as where the LX flight arrives? If not, how shall she proceed to FCL?

2) Upon return from city centre, she wishes to have lunch first in the LX FCL before transiting over to Gates D/E where TG usually departs. How can she accomplish this?

3) Lastly, is it quite easy to navigate from airport to the centre of town?

Sorry for the many questions.

Best,

LFC

Last edited by luvFclass; Apr 26, 12 at 8:36 pm Reason: Factual errors & typo corrections
Old Apr 21, 12, 2:10 pm

luvFclass:

1) She arrives in Terminal E. The LX F lounge is in Terminal A. The exit is in/at Terminal A, anyway, it's not a big detour. Pretty easy, just take the Heidi train (only connection, anyway) to Terminal A, then follow the signs which read "Connections" (not baggage) - once in the regular Terminal A (departures) just follow the signs to the LX F lounge.

2) This one SHOULD work out, as she does arrive on the same day with LX F. If you only depart on TG F, you can only access the SEN/Business lounges. But as she had a valid arrival on LX F, even if she visits the lounge for the second time on that day, it should work out. Never tried it myself, though.

3) Very, very easy. She just follows the signs "trains", buys a round-trip ticket (24hrs, unless she can squeeze it in 2 hours ) to Zurich (Zone 10, 21) on any ZVV ticket machine, then proceed to take any train (S-Bahn or any other train, it's very easy to see which ones are going to Zurich Mainstation) - once in Zurich mainstation, there is plenty to do. On a nice day I would recommend a boat ride to the lake from the main station, then walking back along Bahnhofstrasse to Paradeplatz (where Sprüngli's "original" cafe is) - from there, she can further walk to the main station or take a tram. All public transport within Zurich city is included in the "ZVV Zone 10+21" ticket she buys at the airport.
Old Apr 21, 12, 5:54 pm

Programs: AE, CIBC AeroInfiniteP, AmexPLAT, SPG-G Hyatt-D
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
luvFclass:

1) She arrives in Terminal E. The LX F lounge is in Terminal A. The exit is in/at Terminal A, anyway, it's not a big detour. Pretty easy, just take the Heidi train (only connection, anyway) to Terminal A, then follow the signs which read "Connections" (not baggage) - once in the regular Terminal A (departures) just follow the signs to the LX F lounge.

2) This one SHOULD work out, as she does arrive on the same day with LX F. If you only depart on TG F, you can only access the SEN/Business lounges. But as she had a valid arrival on LX F, even if she visits the lounge for the second time on that day, it should work out. Never tried it myself, though.

3) Very, very easy. She just follows the signs "trains", buys a round-trip ticket (24hrs, unless she can squeeze it in 2 hours ) to Zurich (Zone 10, 21) on any ZVV ticket machine, then proceed to take any train (S-Bahn or any other train, it's very easy to see which ones are going to Zurich Mainstation) - once in Zurich mainstation, there is plenty to do. On a nice day I would recommend a boat ride to the lake from the main station, then walking back along Bahnhofstrasse to Paradeplatz (where Sprüngli's "original" cafe is) - from there, she can further walk to the main station or take a tram. All public transport within Zurich city is included in the "ZVV Zone 10+21" ticket she buys at the airport.

Hi YuropFlyer,

Thanks for the responses to my many queries. Since I have a very sweet tooth, I am really looking forward to trying the "luxemburgerli's" when we meet at our final destination TPE.

I will keep my fingers crossed for her being able to get into the LX FCL x2.

Best,

LFC
Old Apr 25, 12, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Note that occasionally, the YUL flight arrives at the D gates (new pier of the main terminal complex) and not the infield E gates. In this case, it's even easier to get to the LX lounge as no train ride is required. Just follow "A gates" signs.

And in case there is not enough time to go downtown (IRROPS do happen), Sprüngli also has numerous outlets at the airport so no excuse not to bring you Luxemburgerli.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: