Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Feb 22, 12, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by thaidai View Post
Both on awards Lx Zrh-Nrt. F n C. Can F pass guest C pass into FCL?
Yes.
And and perhaps knowledgable FTers know about the NRT FCL ? TG nrt- bkk F n C can F pass guest C pass ?
Yes
And and and BKK FCL TG Bkk-Zrh F n C can F pass guest C pass into Thai F lounge ?
Yes

F pax are generally allowed 1 guest who is flying on any Star flight. There are only a handful of exceptions, some of which are as follows:

SQ The Private Room: SQ F boarding pass only, no guest
LH/LX FCT/FCL: Guest must be flying on the same flight (or, IME, at least a flight on the LH Group)
TG BKK: Lounge includes guest. Spa massage service only for the boarding pass holder.
Old Feb 23, 12, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
LH/LX FCT/FCL: Guest must be flying on the same flight (or, IME, at least a flight on the LH Group)
TG BKK: Lounge includes guest. Spa massage service only for the boarding pass holder.
2 clarifications:

LH/LX FCL (not FCT)- guest must be on a Star Alliance flight and must leave the lounge at the same time as the sponsor.

TG BKK: Spa service is only if you are flying on TG metal (no codeshares, no Star flights)- lounge 1 guest no problems however.
Old Feb 23, 12, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I have some Euro LX flights coming up booked in Y. I have a UA Star Gold card which has unfortunately expired and UA hasn't sent out new cards yet due to the merger with CO. If I get an email from UA stating that I am Star Gold throughout 2012 will that work with the dragons? Or will they also accept a BP that says *G these days?

Also, something weird with the swiss.com website. It will allow you to credit the flight to any Star member account except UA and CO. What's up with that? I'm going to try calling them in the morning to add it to the flight record. Hope that works.
The lounge dragons in ZRH are usually pretty relaxed. They let me in with a paper statement from A3 that I hit Gold with them already, when I didn't had the card yet (in fact, the "statement" was a printout from the website) - 4 out of 4 times.. other outstations might be more restrictive, I know it didn't always worked in MUC, for example (1 out of 3 times only)

A written statement, and an expired card should be an even stronger hint, so I guess in ZRH there will be zero problems, and even at most outstation you should be alright. If your program can't be selected on the website, it might be due to the merger. Yes, a call to LX should solve it. Have fun flying, and enjoy time in Switzerland ^ (Check out if there is any local meet up from Flyertalkers (or the local Vielfliegertreff) in ZRH while you're there
Old Feb 23, 12, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
A written statement, and an expired card should be an even stronger hint, so I guess in ZRH there will be zero problems, and even at most outstation you should be alright. If your program can't be selected on the website, it might be due to the merger. Yes, a call to LX should solve it. Have fun flying, and enjoy time in Switzerland ^ (Check out if there is any local meet up from Flyertalkers (or the local Vielfliegertreff) in ZRH while you're there
I'm just transiting ZRH, but thanks for the info.

It turns out that an openjaw LYS-AMS-MXP costs over 1600 with AF, but if I route through ZRH on LX it's 208. An easy decision.
Old Feb 23, 12, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
2 clarifications:

LH/LX FCL (not FCT)- guest must be on a Star Alliance flight and must leave the lounge at the same time as the sponsor.
Are you sure the rules you quoted are not just for HONs? If you're correct, then I'm glad about the rules being more relaxed than I remember (for a change!)
TG BKK: Spa service is only if you are flying on TG metal (no codeshares, no Star flights)- lounge 1 guest no problems however.
Good point - I forgot to include it.
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Are you sure the rules you quoted are not just for HONs? If you're correct, then I'm glad about the rules being more relaxed than I remember (for a change!)Good point - I forgot to include it.
I am not sure stargold- good point. You may indeed be right.
Old Mar 6, 12, 7:20 pm
bsd

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
Question Senator lounge vs. business lounge (ZRH)

My apologies if this has been asked before - have searched this thread to some extent.

We are flying in C from ZRH to LAX and should have about 1-2 hours in a ZRH lounge before the flight.

We are entitled to the SEN lounge through *Gold eligibility
We are entitled to the BUS lounge because tickets in C

Which one would readers recommend, and why?
Old Mar 7, 12, 12:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bsd View Post
We are flying in C from ZRH to LAX and should have about 1-2 hours in a ZRH lounge before the flight.

We are entitled to the SEN lounge through *Gold eligibility
We are entitled to the BUS lounge because tickets in C

Which one would readers recommend, and why?
The SEN or Senator lounge is a *G lounge and a First Class lounge for *A carriers other than LH & LX (which have their own First Class Lounge). The Business lounge is an FTL lounge (M&M *S members) and for Business Class passengers.

I hope this explains the difference.

However, both SEN and Business lounges in ZRH are in the main terminal and flights to LAX leave from Dock E which is a separate building a few minutes ride away on the Skymetro train. The lounge in Dock E is the Panorama Lounge, about which there have been some posts recently.
Old Mar 7, 12, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in the SEN lounge near the A gates twice in the last week. Once during the FRA strike, and yesterday around mid-day. Both times the lounge was quite full, extremely so on the day of the strike. But even yesterday mid-day it was hard to find a seat. It seems not capable of handling the load.
Old Mar 7, 12, 2:54 am

I was in the SEN lounge near the A gates twice in the last week. Once during the FRA strike, and yesterday around mid-day. Both times the lounge was quite full, extremely so on the day of the strike. But even yesterday mid-day it was hard to find a seat. It seems not capable of handling the load.
While I agree the lounge is quite full, I never had issues to get a seat there over lunch. I know 70-80% of seats occupied does lock quite full, but you're allowed to take the seat next to a stranger at any time

If it's indeed 100% full, grab food, go up the bar area and down into the business class part, which is bigger and while often quite full as well, also never really up to 100% load.
Old Mar 7, 12, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed. Maybe the opening of the new D pier will help?
Old Mar 7, 12, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
While I agree the lounge is quite full, I never had issues to get a seat there over lunch. I know 70-80% of seats occupied does lock quite full, but you're allowed to take the seat next to a stranger at any time
Last week not only was every seat full, and lots of people were standing, there were no clean glasses and you could only drink beer out of the bottle. And at the business class lounge, there was a line going out the door.
Old Mar 7, 12, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, American Airlines, Marriott Gold LT, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
deleted
Old Mar 12, 12, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC*75K, DL*FO, HH*SIL
What's the strategy here?

Seems like people just keep adding on questions to this thread, so hopefully you won't mind me doing the same.

I'm traveling YUL ZRH LIS later this week, all in Swiss Business with a 3 hour layover in Zurich. Can you tell me...

- I'll want to take a shower upon arrival. Is it better to use the Arrivals Lounge, or visit the Senator Lounge (with my Star Gold status)? Will using the Arrivals Lounge require another trip through security, or will I need to do that after clearing immigration anyhow?

- Is the Arrivals Lounge tough to locate, or quite visible?

- Perhaps I should also take a step back and confirm: There is a Senator Lounge equipped with showers in the Schengen zone, correct? (Seems so based on swiss.com.)

- Any other things to take into account?

Thanks for your wisdom!
Old Mar 13, 12, 7:50 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by UnitedFirst View Post
Seems like people just keep adding on questions to this thread, so hopefully you won't mind me doing the same.

I'm traveling YUL ZRH LIS later this week, all in Swiss Business with a 3 hour layover in Zurich. Can you tell me...

- I'll want to take a shower upon arrival. Is it better to use the Arrivals Lounge, or visit the Senator Lounge (with my Star Gold status)? Will using the Arrivals Lounge require another trip through security, or will I need to do that after clearing immigration anyhow?

- Is the Arrivals Lounge tough to locate, or quite visible?

- Perhaps I should also take a step back and confirm: There is a Senator Lounge equipped with showers in the Schengen zone, correct? (Seems so based on swiss.com.)

- Any other things to take into account?

Thanks for your wisdom!
The Arrivals Lounge is in the Baggage reclaim hall, so to access it, you'd just follow signs to Baggage reclaim (via the Heidi Train). You'd pass through Immigration in the main Building before you got there obviously, and would have to go landside afterwards an back upstairs to departures, where you'd be Security screened, but would face no further Passport Checks as you were departing to a Schengen destination. At this point you could access the SEN Lounge, too.
Alternatively, you could follow signs for Transit Pax, clear Security in E Dock upon Arrival, take the Heidi Train (in a seperate, security cleared carriage) to the Main Building, pass through Schengen Immigration there, and be 2 Flights of Stairs away from the SEN Lounge.
So it really just comes down to whether you want to have security behind you before you Shower or not...
The Showers aren't actually in the SEN Lounge, though, they're in the neighbouring Business Class Lounge, although the lounges share the same front desk, and as a *G you can use either, and pass from one to the other anyway.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: