Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jan 20, 08, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you for kindly answering. I've actually been doing the work to research this since I asked it, and apologize for my laziness.
Old Jan 27, 08, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Plat
ZRH lounges & Zurich question

Hello. Am planning a short trip to Zurich because I've never been there before.

I googled for lounges in Zurich Airport and the first few hits I got were from 2001. Not really that useful. My questions are:

1: Is the *Alliance lounge still there? How is it?

2: Swiss has a lounge there too. How does it compare? Does it still have the cigar lounge there? That's a real perk if they do! ^

3: Anyone here from Zurich? Besides winter, what's happening in Zurich during the next few weeks?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 27, 08, 4:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus

* still there, but now called LH lounge (and staffed by LH, with much better ticketing service/info than the otherwise often helpless swissport staff):
entering to the left: first-class and LH HON and SEN access
entering to the right: business-class and StarGold
better newspaper selection than LX lounge, better food selection too (at least when access to the left (haven't been to the business-class side for years now ...)

2: Swiss has a lounge there too. How does it compare? Does it still have the cigar lounge there? That's a real perk if they do! ^

* brand new LX first-class lounge opened dec-2007 (access with Star 1st class boarding pass or HON status)
* LX business class (acess for Star Gold) lounge with many free computers, Internet)

3: Anyone here from Zurich? Besides winter, what's happening in Zurich during the next few weeks?

http://www.zuerich.com/en/welcome.cfm?
Old Jan 28, 08, 2:12 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post

* still there, but now called LH lounge (and staffed by LH, with much better ticketing service/info than the otherwise often helpless swissport staff):
entering to the left: first-class and LH HON and SEN access
entering to the right: business-class and StarGold
better newspaper selection than LX lounge, better food selection too (at least when access to the left (haven't been to the business-class side for years now ...)
Ive been a few times times in the lounge on the right in the past weeks. All there was to eat was some fruit, yogurt and pretzels.
Old Jan 28, 08, 4:45 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
I always go to the left side for eating and taking a bottle of ice-tea, than I go to the right side for relaxing and looking out of the window (great view to the runway 16/34). There are very tasty sandwiches at the left hand side. The whole lounge is non-smoking.

Concerning the Cigar lounge: This has been closed quite a while ago (October 2001...), but actually smoking is still allowed at the upper floor at the long bar. There are even many sorts of Davidoff cigars for sale! Lets hope that the smoking-phobia will not overcome here and that there will remain a hideaway for smoking a nice cigar in a cultivated environment!
Old Jan 28, 08, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rorschi View Post
Concerning the Cigar lounge: This has been closed quite a while ago (October 2001...), but actually smoking is still allowed at the upper floor at the long bar. There are even many sorts of Davidoff cigars for sale! Lets hope that the smoking-phobia will not overcome here and that there will remain a hideaway for smoking a nice cigar in a cultivated environment!
Aww...was looking forward to a proper cigar lounge @ ZRH. But nice to hear that you can enjoy one at the bar AND that there are lots of Davidoffs to choose from.

Davidoffs (especially the Millennium blends) are great cigars, better than most of the Cubans out there! ^^^
Old Jan 28, 08, 1:34 pm

Senator

Any news on the previously mentioned Senator lounge? Or are they sticking with just a business and first lounge?
Old Jan 30, 08, 5:24 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Swiss First has now two S-class Mercedes. I was driven in one of them end of December being the only one in F to NRT... Nice ^
Old Jan 30, 08, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by Dan72 View Post
Any news on the previously mentioned Senator lounge? Or are they sticking with just a business and first lounge?
What used to be the F class lounge (left of the partition in the lounge complex) will become a SEN lounge. The entire complex will be refurbished in Q2 2008 I hear.
Old Jan 31, 08, 5:49 pm

I'm probably going to repeat questions that have been asked already but i'm confused with the lounges and the gates and whats available to me in ZRH.

I'm flying from JFK, connecting to PRG, with a 1.55 connection. What gates would that be? What lounge would be good? I think i'd like a shower after the longhaul, which lounge has them?

Also on my return from MXP connecting to JFK, butg only with a 1hr connection.

thanks
goodo
Old Mar 13, 08, 2:50 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Question

I'll be flying MAN-ZRH-NRT in LX C and would like to know if it's easy to find the Bellevue Lounge at ZRH. I've been through Dock E at ZRH a few times before but didn't even know there were two separate areas, East and West. Looking at the map of the airport it looks like the Bellevue Lounge is on the top floor. I guess I'll just have to find an elevator to get me there. I won't have the time to visit the LH Lounge so BV seems like the best option.
Old Mar 13, 08, 8:22 pm

I havent been to the bellevue lounge, but on my last trip thru ZRH, i took the train to the E gates for my LX flight to JFK. To get to my gate i turned right, but the signs to the lounge pointed to the left. I guess that follows with your east/west.

goodo
Old Mar 14, 08, 4:13 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
I'll be flying MAN-ZRH-NRT in LX C and would like to know if it's easy to find the Bellevue Lounge at ZRH. I've been through Dock E at ZRH a few times before but didn't even know there were two separate areas, East and West. Looking at the map of the airport it looks like the Bellevue Lounge is on the top floor. I guess I'll just have to find an elevator to get me there. I won't have the time to visit the LH Lounge so BV seems like the best option.
All flights to the US (special security requirements) leave from the side with the lower gate numbers. All others from the other side. Therefore, it is important to check that once exiting the metro, you take the stairways matching your gate number.

Once all flights to the US have left, you can freely walk through the whole dock E, at least on the main level, i.e. the one with the shops and restaurants.

Bellevue lounge is on the side with the higher gate numbers. Therefore people flying to the US cannot access this lounge. Going to the lounge, please follow the signs and take the elevator only, where indicated. Otherwise you finish in an office area and have to go down again.

Map of Dock E:
http://www.zurich-airport.com/ZRH/?I...%20Maps&a3=147
Old Mar 14, 08, 8:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Bellevue lounge is on the side with the higher gate numbers. Therefore people flying to the US cannot access this lounge. Going to the lounge, please follow the signs and take the elevator only, where indicated. Otherwise you finish in an office area and have to go down again.
Thanks, Hennessy, for the detailed description.
Old Mar 14, 08, 8:58 am

Bellevue lounge:
http://sadlowski.galeria24.pl/Travel...SC_1311-01.jpg

Search this Thread
Search Engine: