Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
It has been several years since I transited ZRH and I have a question about which showers to use upon arrival?

I am a Star Gold flying LX C from BOS to ZRH. I have a 1.5 hour layover before connecting to LX (also in C) to FCO.

I know as a Star Gold I'll have access to the Senator & Business Lounges. Which lounge should I use to shower between these two flights? I see on the SWISS website a reference to an Arrivals Lounge but I assume that is not for connecting passengers.

Which lounges have showers that I can access and will be closest to the gates for the FCO flights? And will I have to re-clear security to reach my FCO flight?

Any help is appreciated!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geo1005
It has been several years since I transited ZRH and I have a question about which showers to use upon arrival?

I am a Star Gold flying LX C from BOS to ZRH. I have a 1.5 hour layover before connecting to LX (also in C) to FCO.

I know as a Star Gold I'll have access to the Senator & Business Lounges. Which lounge should I use to shower between these two flights? I see on the SWISS website a reference to an Arrivals Lounge but I assume that is not for connecting passengers.

Which lounges have showers that I can access and will be closest to the gates for the FCO flights? And will I have to re-clear security to reach my FCO flight?

Any help is appreciated!
Use the showers in the business lounge. The SEN lounge does not have showers.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
On top of what TRAVELSIG said, you will have to reclear security at ZRH (as Security is still as you enter each Gate area, with centralised security does not come in until the end of the Year).
The arrivals Lounge is in the Baggage reclaim area, so if you wanted to, you could use it, go out to Arrivals then back upstairs to departures, it won't really take much longer than using the Business Lounge, and could potentially be less busy at 11am...
Old Jul 31, 2011, 6:42 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Hand Luggage Storage at ZRH lounge?

Have done a search in this thread, but have not found a reply, nor on the Swiss homepage.

In the SEN Lounge at Munich there are lockers for storing handluggage. Great if one doesn't want to take the handluggage if one takes a trip downtown during longer stops. Are there any similar facilities at the lounge in Zürich?

(LX-LX-connection, *A Gold)
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
I would go to the arrival lounge. There are 10 showers and a better breakfast. The C lounge only has 2 showers male/female.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
According to the Swiss web page SEN can access the SWISS Senator, Business and Arrival Lounge. No further requirements are stated (unlike FRA where one can only access the Arrival Lounge when flying in on LH intercontinental) - does that mean I can use the Arrival Lounge when connecting two intra-European flights in ZRH (despite the drawback of going through security once more)?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Zeehe
According to the Swiss web page SEN can access the SWISS Senator, Business and Arrival Lounge. No further requirements are stated (unlike FRA where one can only access the Arrival Lounge when flying in on LH intercontinental) - does that mean I can use the Arrival Lounge when connecting two intra-European flights in ZRH (despite the drawback of going through security once more)?
Yes, you can. Keep in mind it's only open during the morning, for example, it doesn't offer lunch (even though still open till after lunchtime)

It's really small, and rarely people will stay there for longer than 10 minutes in it.. it does it's job, though.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by matt in france
On top of what TRAVELSIG said, you will have to reclear security at ZRH (as Security is still as you enter each Gate area, with centralised security does not come in until the end of the Year).
The arrivals Lounge is in the Baggage reclaim area, so if you wanted to, you could use it, go out to Arrivals then back upstairs to departures, it won't really take much longer than using the Business Lounge, and could potentially be less busy at 11am...
matt in france, thanks for this information.

Our arrival date in ZRH is the very end of December. Will the centralised security be in place by then and therefore eliminate the need to go through security between the Business Class/Senator Lounges and the departure gate for FCO???
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by geo1005
matt in france, thanks for this information.

Our arrival date in ZRH is the very end of December. Will the centralised security be in place by then and therefore eliminate the need to go through security between the Business Class/Senator Lounges and the departure gate for FCO???
Centralised Security is scheduled to open on December 1 (the same day the new Pier B goes into operation), so with your Flight at the end of December, geo1005, you shouldn't have to reclear Security between the Lounge and the gate for your FCO departure.
This also means going to the Arrivals Lounge loses it's appeal, so you are best off just going to the Business Lounge (though as a *G, you can also use the SEN Lounge, from where you can use the Showers in the Business Lounge). There will also be a new Lounge in Pier B once it opens, so maybe check back in here during December to see what amenities it has.

I would assume that transit pax arriving from the US will then not need rescreening as at MUC (though at some European Hubs, they do require rescreening).
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:49 am

Thank you very much! This is great information. ^
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by reiner
I would go to the arrival lounge. There are 10 showers and a better breakfast. The C lounge only has 2 showers male/female.
Actually, they don't discriminate between showers for males or females. When I took a shower about three weeks ago, they sent me to one of the showers near the ladies' rooms (which got me a bit confused since I looked for shower #4 in the gents' area). So all four showers are available to both gents and ladies.

But something different: I haven't yet heard of the implementation of centralized security screening (and sorry if this has been answered somewhere else) - while I really prefer security checks before going to the lounge (something I always disliked about ZRH), I guess they will abolish the upper-level BP checkpoint (which I always found quite nice as you end up directly next to the lounge, instead of having to run around half the terminal for the escalators) by then - anyone?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by bruce80
But something different: I haven't yet heard of the implementation of centralized security screening (and sorry if this has been answered somewhere else) - while I really prefer security checks before going to the lounge (something I always disliked about ZRH), I guess they will abolish the upper-level BP checkpoint (which I always found quite nice as you end up directly next to the lounge, instead of having to run around half the terminal for the escalators) by then - anyone?
Have a look here (http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...spx/tabid-256/) for an Overview, and check the Movie on the lefthand menubar to see the vision in operation.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN-2013, PC Platinum, HH Silver, MR
Access to LX First Class Lounge in ZRH

I plan to fly ZRH-FRA in C and then connect in FRA - KIX in First. Will I have access to the LX First Class Lounge in ZRH?
On the Swiss website it says 'First Class Swiss and Lufthansa' tickets would qualify, but what if the First class ticket start in Frankfurt?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by QMConsultant
I plan to fly ZRH-FRA in C and then connect in FRA - KIX in First. Will I have access to the LX First Class Lounge in ZRH?
On the Swiss website it says 'First Class Swiss and Lufthansa' tickets would qualify, but what if the First class ticket start in Frankfurt?
If the F flight will be same day, yes, you'll have access to the F lounge/checkin in ZRH
Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN-2013, PC Platinum, HH Silver, MR
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
If the F flight will be same day, yes, you'll have access to the F lounge/checkin in ZRH
Great!! ZRH-FRA and FRA-KIX are on the same day.
Thanks for the prompt response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.