Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by marcydarcy
Hello,

never been at ZRH before so i have two questions :

1. Iam arriving in LX F and have a connection flight in C to LUX but i will not use the connection flight ( i will checkin my luggage to ZRH only) Then i will take an award flight to DUS in Y.

How much time do i need between my flights to get my luggage and checkin again? (Arriving 6am in the morning).

2. Which lounge am i allowed to use? (arriving LX F departing LX Y (on separate award flight) - beeing FTL only)

thanks for your help!

best regards
marcydarcy
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Swiss Business Lounge, Terminal A

It's nothing to write home about.. if you do online checkin (not 100% sure about "classic" checkin at airport, probably as early as it's reasonable, definitely 3 hours at least), you can basically go there as early as you want, no limit. But you wouldn't want to spend more than maybe 2 hours there, even if you want to get drunk
Haha, what does it actually offer? I only know one emirates business class lounge in dubai. That was pretty ok, food, drinks, massage chairs, computers etc.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentCeejay
Haha, what does it actually offer? I only know one emirates business class lounge in dubai. That was pretty ok, food, drinks, massage chairs, computers etc.
There is some food during "meal hours", which means during the "odd" times from around 10am-11am, and 2.30am-5am or so (not exactly sure as I usually catch either the morning, early afternoon or evening flights, only twice had no food available) there is no hot food (only lunch and dinner is hot anyway, breakfast is nice croissants. Oh, and the hot food is consisting of exactly one choice. It may be good or quite average - usually noodles or something with potatos (my favorite is the Swiss "Älplermagronnen" while more often than not, it's kind of a Nasi Goreng - there are a few more choices, but I don't have them in my head right now)

Compared with EK's HUUUUUUGE C lounge it's quite small, but even when full reasonably private. There are showers (shower?) and clean toilets, good but not terribly fast internet, ask for vouchers at the entrance.

Drink selection is ok, and there is a "long bar" (I think they banned smoking there, but I've not been there in a long time) where you can order some drinks as well, but again, haven't been there for a long time now, I usually have earlier flights during the day and when I start drinking, I prefer to start it off with a few beers and just switch to cocktails later during the flight.. but I'm getting off the topic here..

There are also a few computers, if you're without your own device there. Pretty much standard. Plus the "regular" lounge offerings, like fruits, newspapers, magazines.. again, nothing to write home about, compared with the EK C lounge you'll definitely note the difference, but it's not like the worst lounge ever (Say, the C lounges in FRA are MUCH worse, while the C lounge in MUC is probably slightly better than the ZRH one.. especially if you like beer, it is )

edit: Sorry, forgot the best thing. There is a Mövenpick fridge with around 4-5 different flavours of this very nice Icecream. It's located left of the computer stations, a bit away from the food area, so look out

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Jul 6, 2011 at 1:33 pm
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:37 pm

There is some food during "meal hours", which means during the "odd" times from around 10am-11am, and 2.30am-5am or so (not exactly sure as I usually catch either the morning, early afternoon or evening flights, only twice had no food available) there is no hot food (only lunch and dinner is hot anyway, breakfast is nice croissants. Oh, and the hot food is consisting of exactly one choice. It may be good or quite average - usually noodles or something with potatos (my favorite is the Swiss "Älplermagronnen" while more often than not, it's kind of a Nasi Goreng - there are a few more choices, but I don't have them in my head right now)

Compared with EK's HUUUUUUGE C lounge it's quite small, but even when full reasonably private. There are showers (shower?) and clean toilets, good but not terribly fast internet, ask for vouchers at the entrance.

Drink selection is ok, and there is a "long bar" (I think they banned smoking there, but I've not been there in a long time) where you can order some drinks as well, but again, haven't been there for a long time now, I usually have earlier flights during the day and when I start drinking, I prefer to start it off with a few beers and just switch to cocktails later during the flight.. but I'm getting off the topic here..

There are also a few computers, if you're without your own device there. Pretty much standard. Plus the "regular" lounge offerings, like fruits, newspapers, magazines.. again, nothing to write home about, compared with the EK C lounge you'll definitely note the difference, but it's not like the worst lounge ever (Say, the C lounges in FRA are MUCH worse, while the C lounge in MUC is probably slightly better than the ZRH one.. especially if you like beer, it is )

edit: Sorry, forgot the best thing. There is a Mövenpick fridge with around 4-5 different flavours of this very nice Icecream. It's located left of the computer stations, a bit away from the food area, so look out
Thanks again, this has been super helpful! Just one last question: You said something about cocktails, can I order them for free in the lounge?

haha, good thing about the mövenpick ice cream, i'll surely look out for that
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:19 pm

Thanks again, this has been super helpful! Just one last question: You said something about cocktails, can I order them for free in the lounge?

haha, good thing about the mövenpick ice cream, i'll surely look out for that
Not 100% sure about it being free, there is the "Long bar" on the third floor (Second floor, for Swiss/German counting pax ) and I can assume you get cocktails there, but as I said before, I've never been there as it used to be a smokers bar and I can't stand my clothes smelling, especially before a long flight, and never really was there in the evening/in the mod of drinking since it became (apparently) non-smoking.

Hopefully someone else can help you with this one.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:34 pm

And last: When am I allowed to arrive at the lounge like how many hours before?
No limit, but must be same-day, i.e. you can't use the lounge the night before departure, even if that's within the 23h check-in window.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Not 100% sure about it being free, there is the "Long bar" on the third floor (Second floor, for Swiss/German counting pax ) and I can assume you get cocktails there, but as I said before, I've never been there as it used to be a smokers bar and I can't stand my clothes smelling, especially before a long flight, and never really was there in the evening/in the mod of drinking since it became (apparently) non-smoking.

Hopefully someone else can help you with this one.
I can Cocktails in the bar are free - however, keep in mind that the bar is staffed by regular ground-crew members instead of "real" bartenders; do not expect to be served top-notch cocktails. Once, I even had to explain the preparation of a simple Daiquiri (which was advertised on the menu at that time) and the result was hardly enjoyable. You'd probably better stick to mixing your own Gin & Tonic at the self-service area downstairs...

As to the smoking thing: The LX website still states the bar is a smoking area, but I haven't been there for about three months now, so I really cannot tell whether they have abolished that.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bruce80
As to the smoking thing: The LX website still states the bar is a smoking area, but I haven't been there for about three months now, so I really cannot tell whether they have abolished that.
It is still smoking.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:35 am

Thank you very much, this has been very helpful.

Unfortunately as it turns out I will be flying from Basel now as it will be more convenient according to my route before that.

As I don't want to open a new thread for this and I think I might get some info from you very knowledgable guys I would like to ask whether anyone of you has ever been to the business lounge in Basel and if it is any good?

Cheers!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Thank you very much, this has been very helpful.

Unfortunately as it turns out I will be flying from Basel now as it will be more convenient according to my route before that.

As I don't want to open a new thread for this and I think I might get some info from you very knowledgable guys I would like to ask whether anyone of you has ever been to the business lounge in Basel and if it is any good?

Cheers!
yes, It's fantastic and near deserted most of the day due the lack of *A Flights, despite being huge (commisioned for Crossair's hub in the late 90s).
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by matt in france
yes, It's fantastic and near deserted most of the day due the lack of *A Flights, despite being huge (commisioned for Crossair's hub in the late 90s).
I agree it is a very nice lounge and extremely large but I have never seen more than 10/15 pax when transiting.
Connecting time in Basel is very short and you need to go through security screening so very often you do not have time to visit it.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:59 am

Another note on WiFi vouchers: Today, they had presented the vouchers for self-service on the reception counter. I accidentally grabbed three of them and nobody seemed to bother. They are still valid for one hour each.

And regarding the lounge bar: yes, it is still a smoking area.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by bruce80
Another note on WiFi vouchers: Today, they had presented the vouchers for self-service on the reception counter.
And regarding the lounge bar: yes, it is still a smoking area.
Sitting in the lounge right now, using one of the free vouchers. Allmost every seat is taken, so there is a lot of people here. Also the WiFi drops every now and then!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Radiosyd
Sitting in the lounge right now, using one of the free vouchers. Allmost every seat is taken, so there is a lot of people here. Also the WiFi drops every now and then!
Yes, usually the time before 12am is the most busy one, especially now with B gate lounge under renovation.. what's up for lunch today?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
that's right I was there sunday for about 5 hours and It was damn packed , tough after a certain time started to get empty - meant no more flights in A and B Terminals.
However food and beverages were constantly replenished and the staff was quickly cleaning the just left empty spots. WiFi vouchers you can have as many as you like they are of 1 hr each. Bar area upstairs smoking zone was most time empty. Overall it was a good experience
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:48 am

At the moment, it is also quite empty. Tonight, they have a strange rice dish with some kind of meat (probably chicken) on offer, I didn't try it as I just had dinner on my inbound flight. Be sure not to miss out on the Mövenpick ice cream which is offered in a freezer behind the computer terminals. They even have a large banner at the entrance to the computer area, but that can easily be missed as it is located in a strange spot (and I just left my box of ice cream on the self-service counter, time to get some sleep for me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.