Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Perfect, so once we enter the Senator Lounge in A can we then enter the lounge in E? What is the lounge in E called?
The Lounge in E is the Panorama Lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Perfect, so once we enter the Senator Lounge in A can we then enter the lounge in E?
You can. The "regular" lounges don't do anything with your BP other than scan it and no separate invitation is required. If you want to get your one hour of free internet (in the SEN lounge), ask for a voucher at the reception.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bruce80
You can. The "regular" lounges don't do anything with your BP other than scan it and no separate invitation is required. If you want to get your one hour of free internet (in the SEN lounge), ask for a voucher at the reception.
I think the voucher is actually only 30 minutes.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I think the voucher is actually only 30 minutes.
I think they had both vouchers during some time in the past, i.e. for a while it was the 30min and now it's the 1 hour voucher. Last time I definitely got a 1 hour voucher. I actually prefered the 30 minutes, as they easily gave you 2 of them when you had like 40 minutes to spend in the lounge (so I could use the other one when not having lounge access, as it's valid on the whole airports wifi.)

So if you've a longer time in the lounge, it's no problem to ask for several vouchers. If you're using them at this very day or not, it's up to you, they're valid for couple months.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:14 am

ZRH Lounge for SEN - Non *A?

Hi,

I once heard that as a (Swiss) SEN we have access to the SEN lounge in Zurich even when flying a non-Star Alliance carrier.

Is this true? Would this be the case at the Panorama lounge too?

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fmpacheco
Hi,

I once heard that as a (Swiss) SEN we have access to the SEN lounge in Zurich even when flying a non-Star Alliance carrier.
Thanks!
It was true until last year for Lufthansa lounges- I think with Swiss lounges it had to be * or a partner. In any event that was enhanced away last year also for LH lounges so no need to worry- no. The business lounge at A is a Priority Club lounge IIRC and that helps.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: PC Platinum Amb., Malev (OW) Sapphire, FB Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor
First time SEN ;)

All,

just got my Senator a couple of weeks ago, and it's my first flight as one in ZRH... Do you have any recommendations which lounge to use? I'll be flying to BUD (in Y, the horror! ), which usually leaves from the "A" gates...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by dglumac
All,

just got my Senator a couple of weeks ago, and it's my first flight as one in ZRH... Do you have any recommendations which lounge to use? I'll be flying to BUD (in Y, the horror! ), which usually leaves from the "A" gates...
There is just one choice, thats the SEN/*G lounge in the main terminal. Nothing to write home about, but it got Mvenpick icecream ^
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: PC Platinum Amb., Malev (OW) Sapphire, FB Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
There is just one choice, thats the SEN/*G lounge in the main terminal. Nothing to write home about, but it got Mvenpick icecream ^

Thank you - and I do believe that I will have some of that Ice Cream
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:17 am

I've not been flying *A for almost two months till today (it for sure felt like ages) so I was quite positively surprised by my todays visit of the C lounge in the main terminal in ZRH.

Despite being very crowded/full, they kept cleaning the tables etc. so it never had any "unusable" tables, it was definitely not always like this in the past.

Todays food, "lplermagronnen" (Maccaroni with potato/cheese, swiss typical food) was very tasty, and came in handy as I was hungry (two plates)

Lounge dragons were very friendly, when she saw my BP with flight in 1.5 hours and I asked for a voucher, she handed me two, saying that "I've already paid for them" ^

Unfortunately still no beer on tap like in the B (now closed) lounge, but for a FTL lounge definitely not too bad, seems they are trying to sell themselves a bit better. For someone on a C ticket, it's still nothing to write home about, though. The SEN/*G part seems quite full too, but all in all, I'm good about it.

Anyone else noticed a slight improvement over the last few months?

edit: There has been 4 or 5 different taste of Mvenpick icecream, seems also an improvement. Panna Cotta is great

Another 20min to kill with another Cardinal
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:30 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I've not been flying *A for almost two months till today (it for sure felt like ages) so I was quite positively surprised by my todays visit of the C lounge in the main terminal in ZRH.

Despite being very crowded/full, they kept cleaning the tables etc. so it never had any "unusable" tables, it was definitely not always like this in the past.

Todays food, "lplermagronnen" (Maccaroni with potato/cheese, swiss typical food) was very tasty, and came in handy as I was hungry (two plates)

Lounge dragons were very friendly, when she saw my BP with flight in 1.5 hours and I asked for a voucher, she handed me two, saying that "I've already paid for them" ^

Unfortunately still no beer on tap like in the B (now closed) lounge, but for a FTL lounge definitely not too bad, seems they are trying to sell themselves a bit better. For someone on a C ticket, it's still nothing to write home about, though. The SEN/*G part seems quite full too, but all in all, I'm good about it.

Anyone else noticed a slight improvement over the last few months?

edit: There has been 4 or 5 different taste of Mvenpick icecream, seems also an improvement. Panna Cotta is great

Another 20min to kill with another Cardinal
Glad you enjoyed it.

Actually I visited today & did not have a good experience. The lounge dragon was a miserable c?w & refused to print my next boarding card for me. She cited the line behind me as the reason she was sooooooo busy. B.S. When I entered the lounge there was not one person behind me. She swiped my BP & Star Gold card & this took all of 60 seconds. Not exactly likely to cause massive delays by then having to print 1 x BP I flounced off in a huff & thanked her for help. Her attitude was somewhat pathetic. The lounge itself is OK but seems dark & a little depressing to me. Food is, well, somewhat germanic in nature which generally is a from me. Bathrooms are clean though, which is always a plus at airports. Could do better IMHO.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:35 am

I am flying in C ZRH - DUB with LX and my mum is flying in C ZRH - BKK with TG...which lounge can we use and can we both use the same one? I have *S status but my mum doesnt have any.

Thanks
Mel.b
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mel.b
I am flying in C ZRH - DUB with LX and my mum is flying in C ZRH - BKK with TG...which lounge can we use and can we both use the same one? I have *S status but my mum doesnt have any.
You should both have access to the SWISS Business Lounge. Since the non-Schengen lounge which you might otherwise use is currently closed, the only lounge option will be the Schengen SWISS Business Lounge for both of you.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: M&M
Hey Guys,

I will be flying business class ZUR-HAM next week. I upgraded with my miles not a SEN nor Frequent traveller on LX/LH.

Which lounges am I allowed to use and which lounge would you recommend me to use?

And last: When am I allowed to arrive at the lounge like how many hours before?

Thanks very much in advance!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentCeejay
Hey Guys,

I will be flying business class ZUR-HAM next week. I upgraded with my miles not a SEN nor Frequent traveller on LX/LH.

Which lounges am I allowed to use and which lounge would you recommend me to use?

And last: When am I allowed to arrive at the lounge like how many hours before?

Thanks very much in advance!
Swiss Business Lounge, Terminal A

It's nothing to write home about.. if you do online checkin (not 100% sure about "classic" checkin at airport, probably as early as it's reasonable, definitely 3 hours at least), you can basically go there as early as you want, no limit. But you wouldn't want to spend more than maybe 2 hours there, even if you want to get drunk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.