Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Dear all,

I don't know whether it has been posted elsewhere, but at least one of today's posters seems to be unaware of:

The LX Non-Schengen lounge near the B gates remains closed for renovation from 1 May until November! There are posters informing customers about the alternatives (Schengen-Lounge or Bellevue Lounge in certain cases).

Geographically and in terms of security screening the Schengen-Lounge (near A gates) is the only sensible alternative. However, be warned, immigration clearance near B gates usually is slow and understaffed - waiting times in excess of 15 minutes are fairly common!

Not good news, I'm afraid.

swiss_global
Is the lounge moving as I heard that the Senator side was increasing in size?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Dear all,

I don't know whether it has been posted elsewhere, but at least one of today's posters seems to be unaware of:

The LX Non-Schengen lounge near the B gates remains closed for renovation from 1 May until November! There are posters informing customers about the alternatives (Schengen-Lounge or Bellevue Lounge in certain cases).

Geographically and in terms of security screening the Schengen-Lounge (near A gates) is the only sensible alternative. However, be warned, immigration clearance near B gates usually is slow and understaffed - waiting times in excess of 15 minutes are fairly common!

Not good news, I'm afraid.

swiss_global
So the only way to have a shower at ZRH if not departing from Pier E will be to use the Business Lounge or is that closed as well? I believe that the Schengen SEN lounge at ZRH has no showers right?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:47 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
I really hope that LX will soon open up their own Business and Senator Lounges in Dock E.

What will happen with the Arrivals lounge at Terminal 1 if the new one at Terminal 2 will be opened?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Does the SEN lounge in the main terminal (Shengen) still have Mövenpick ice cream?

Will have a few hours between flights. Aside for a quick trip to Migros (land side) to stack up on chocolate, I hope to get my fill of Mövenpick ice cream before I board the next flight.

Some like going to the long bar. I want my Mövenpick.

Last edited by CDG1; Jun 4, 2011 at 11:26 am
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by CDG1
Does the SEN lounge in the main terminal (Shengen) still have Mövenpick ice cream?

Will have a few hours between flights. Aside for a quick trip to Migros (land side) to stack up on chocolate, I hope to get my fill of Mövenpick ice cream before I board the next flight.

Some like going to the long bar. I want my Mövenpick.

No worries Ice Cream is there and waiting for you
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
I am flying BKK-ZRH in LX F and connecting to Dublin in C. Can I use the first class lounge in E terminal/dock upon arrival? I understand that the flight to Dublin will leave from B. I got a few hours, so a plenty of time to kill.

Thanks,
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Obokata
I am flying BKK-ZRH in LX F and connecting to Dublin in C. Can I use the first class lounge in E terminal/dock upon arrival? I understand that the flight to Dublin will leave from B. I got a few hours, so a plenty of time to kill.

Thanks,
Good luck in finding a first class lounge in the E terminal

The LX F lounge (which you're allowed to access) is in the main terminal. Enjoy ^
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

The LX F lounge (which you're allowed to access) is in the main terminal. Enjoy ^
ah ok thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Obokata
ah ok thanks.
You haven't asked the question but here's an answer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16563683-post8.html
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold

Did this the oppostite direction and there was no problem at all. Its a nice lounge (not quite as nice as the LH fcl in frankfurt mind you) but very easy to kill a few hours in.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
TLV flights

Which lounges are in the terminal that LX flies to TLV from?

Last edited by BA_Jfan; Jun 20, 2011 at 10:48 pm
Old Jun 21, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Which lounges are in the terminal that LX flies to TLV from?
Tel Aviv departs from E Dock, so the nearest lounge is the Panorama lounge, but you can of course use the main LX Lounge in the main building (think of E Dock like Terminal 5B at LHR) although that's before Schengen emmigration and the Security checks, so if connecting you may have to immigrate first, and allow time for queueing up after...
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Lounges for Star Gold.

Sorry i posted this in the Arrrivals lounge thread by error. We are leaving from ZRH to BKK in Y on LX, which lounge/lounges can we use as Star Golds.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Sorry i posted this in the Arrrivals lounge thread by error. We are leaving from ZRH to BKK in Y on LX, which lounge/lounges can we use as Star Golds.
I would suggest using the Senator lounge first (in the main terminal A), they've showers there. After you're refreshed and had some food, going towards Gate E to the lounge there early, you can have a nice view over the tarmac, catch a beer watching the planes and then (it's after security) just board once it's ready.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I would suggest using the Senator lounge first (in the main terminal A), they've showers there. After you're refreshed and had some food, going towards Gate E to the lounge there early, you can have a nice view over the tarmac, catch a beer watching the planes and then (it's after security) just board once it's ready.
Perfect, so once we enter the Senator Lounge in A can we then enter the lounge in E? What is the lounge in E called?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.