Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Aug 12, 09, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Plat, SPG Gold
F lounge during layover?

I'm booked Thurs JFK-ZRH in F connecting to ZRH-LHR in biz. I have about a 4 hour layover.

When I spoke to the Swiss reservations agent, she told me there are first class lounges in both Terminals E and A. She said the lounge in E is newer and she would recommend this since I will both arrive and depart from E. However, I think the posts above suggest that the superior lounge is Terminal A.

Is the phone agent simply incorrect or are the posts above outdated?
Old Aug 12, 09, 9:36 pm
Moderator, Hertz
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by jtrader View Post
I'm booked Thurs JFK-ZRH in F connecting to ZRH-LHR in biz. I have about a 4 hour layover.

When I spoke to the Swiss reservations agent, she told me there are first class lounges in both Terminals E and A. She said the lounge in E is newer and she would recommend this since I will both arrive and depart from E. However, I think the posts above suggest that the superior lounge is Terminal A.

I have a similar question also. I will be also flying to ZRH from JFK and then going to MUC with a 4 or 5hr layover.
Should I go to the arrivals, or straight to the F lounge, and which 1?
Old Aug 13, 09, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by jtrader View Post

As far as I know:

1. Only the HON Circle/First lounge (FCL) in the main terminal is the "proper" F lounge. Not sure what the phone agent meant by the F-lounge in Term. E...

2. In any case, the FCL is the one you want. Really nice lounge, with all the amenities you're going to need (incl. sleeping rooms complete with their own shower).

3. You'll get a Merc to your LHR flight if you use the FCL. I heard that all the LX flights to the UK are currently bus gates due to the Schengen mess.

4. With access to the FCL, there is no need to bother with the Arrivals lounge. There isn't anything about the Arrivals that is superior in any way to the FCL to my best knowledge.
Old Aug 14, 09, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1K (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Plat, SPG Gold
I'm in the first class lounge (Terminal A) now. The info given me by the phone agent was clearly erroneous. The only lounge I saw in terminal E was the Bellevue.
Old Aug 14, 09, 7:23 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I have a 1:15 min connection in ZRH, coming from HAM (C) and leaving for MCT (F) Should I aim for the F lounge given the short connection or just head for the non-Schengen wing? Do I get driven from the incoming flight if it's an apron arrival?

Is there any security for such transits or just the immigration control?
Old Aug 14, 09, 11:48 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Coming from Ham, you'll probably arrive at A gates, which is a short walk to the F-Lounge. There won't be a limousine transfer on arrival from Hamburg.
I'll definitely go to the First lounge as you'll get a limousine transfer from the F-Lounge to E terminal with a private and calm security and passport check - otherwise you have to take the train ride with all other passengers and do the security check at E-Terminal which sometimes can be a mess.
Old Aug 14, 09, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Hertz

If Im arriving from JFK, would I get car service to the F lounge? if Im conecting to a LH MUC flight, would I get a transfer from the lounge to the plane?
Old Aug 15, 09, 11:25 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by athomas76 View Post
Coming from Ham, you'll probably arrive at A gates, which is a short walk to the F-Lounge. There won't be a limousine transfer on arrival from Hamburg.
I'll definitely go to the First lounge as you'll get a limousine transfer from the F-Lounge to E terminal with a private and calm security and passport check - otherwise you have to take the train ride with all other passengers and do the security check at E-Terminal which sometimes can be a mess.
Very useful advice, thank you!
Old Aug 15, 09, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by jason8612 View Post
If Im arriving from JFK, would I get car service to the F lounge?
LX does not offer incoming F passengers any pick-up service as far as I'm aware.
if Im conecting to a LH MUC flight, would I get a transfer from the lounge to the plane?
If your MUC flight departs from an apron position (i.e. no airbridge) then you will get a limo from the lounge to the gate. Otherwise, you'll have to walk as usual.
Old Aug 16, 09, 7:35 am
Moderator, Hertz

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8900: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Walk?!?

Ah well, when I fly thru fra later on ill get the car treatment

So when I arrive into zrh, what is the procedure? Plane - passport/customs - f lounge? And is that entrance next to f checkin before or after security?

Last edited by jason8612; Aug 16, 09 at 7:42 am
Old Aug 17, 09, 4:46 am

I'm arriving from Edinburgh and then have quite a long wait till I depart for Sao Paulo. Question I have is , Is it possible to arrive in ZRH, nip into Zurich for a visit, then come back in and enter the FCL before my flight to GRU?
Old Aug 17, 09, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
My scenario is: We all arrive in Blue1 ticketed business class to ZRH around noon and continue to LX180 to BKK in the evening (two *G pax in F, and 2 non-status pax in C).
I guess on arrival we all can use the Arrival lounge, but in the evening when we get back to the airport from town, according to the rules only 2 of us who fly in F can use the the First Class lounge, right? But what do you think, is it worth asking if the other two who fly in C on the same flight could join us -or are they very strict with the rules?
Old Aug 20, 09, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ QPP
What are the access rules for JFK-ZRH in LX F connecting to ZRH-BKK in TG F (same PNR)?
Old Aug 21, 09, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EI Elite, A3 Gold
I have read with interest the various combinations of accessible lounges versus carriers/class

I am departing LX F from ZRH to DXB so i assume my most sensible course is the use the 'normal' first class lounge in the 'main' terminal, yes? Am i likely to need a transfer to the gate for this flight or can i walk? Oh, and any lounge access at DXB on arrival?

Returning i shall arrive on LX F into ZRH transferring to LX C to DUB - which is my best lounge (in terms of facilities) to use?

Oh im *G if that matters - Cheers
Old Aug 22, 09, 10:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, United 1k, United Club (life), Virgin Silver, Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Accor Gold
I am arriving on LX from ORD in business class, connecting onward to CPH in business class. My only status is Star Silver (US), so I'll be relying on my class of service or Priority Pass for lounge access.

My need is this-- I have a short connection (50 minutes) to SK at CPH on a separate ticket. I would like to use online check-in and print a boarding pass while at ZRH. Do any of the lounges I will have access to have a computer with printer for passenger use?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: