FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/686018-lounge-zrh-merged-q-thread.html)

slsgsoccer0201 Feb 11, 2020 6:13 pm

Flying through ZRH First Time

Hi All - first time flying through ZRH this upcoming May. Will be traveling in Business (United, than Swiss) from non-Schengen, connecting in ZRH for 4 hours, and then flying within Schengen. Reading through everyone's commentary in this forum, it seems as though the Business Lounge in Terminal E is the best place to go. Is there any value in instead staying in A since the Business Lounge was recently renovated? Or checking out the Alpine Lounge instead?

While I like the look of Alpine Lodge, my only concern is the lack of showers there. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Flying Machine Feb 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201 (Post 32061146)
Hi All - first time flying through ZRH this upcoming May. Will be traveling in Business (United, than Swiss) from non-Schengen, connecting in ZRH for 4 hours, and then flying within Schengen. Reading through everyone's commentary in this forum, it seems as though the Business Lounge in Terminal E is the best place to go. Is there any value in instead staying in A since the Business Lounge was recently renovated? Or checking out the Alpine Lounge instead?

While I like the look of Alpine Lodge, my only concern is the lack of showers there. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would start in the Senator lounge in E first, Then take the train over to A where you’ll be departing. To be quite honest I didn’t go to the Alpine lounge and I wasn’t that impressed with the Senator lounge in A (Seating area was small yes there was food I didn’t even look at it because I was only there for about a half hour) but compared to E, in my opinion it’s not even worth it. Now the Alpine on the second hand I think was my mistake that I didn’t visit and I understand that should be nicer

worldclubber Feb 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201 (Post 32061146)

E lounge is much nicer, as A lounge doesn’t have a view, except for the Alpine Lounge.

The Alpine Lounge is nice, but good is limited and I wouldn’t want to spend 4 hours there. You could do a bit of lounge hopping, which will get you views, showers and mountain feeling. ;)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3be7c3615.jpeg

slsgsoccer0201 Feb 11, 2020 7:45 pm

This is perfect. Appreciate the advice worldclubber ! Will likely start in E and maybe hop over to Alpine Lounge before departure again.

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 32061395)
E lounge is much nicer, as A lounge doesn’t have a view, except for the Alpine Lounge.

The Alpine Lounge is nice, but good is limited and I wouldn’t want to spend 4 hours there. You could do a bit of lounge hopping, which will get you views, showers and mountain feeling. ;)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3be7c3615.jpeg

worldclubber Feb 12, 2020 3:09 am

Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201 (Post 32061410)
This is perfect. Appreciate the advice worldclubber ! Will likely start in E and maybe hop over to Alpine Lounge before departure again.

Sounds like a plan. Just make sure you put your name down at E for a shower right when you get there, the number of showers is very limited and there is most likely a wait.

Have a good trip.

Flying Machine Feb 12, 2020 6:38 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 32062354)
Sounds like a plan. Just make sure you put your name down at E for a shower right when you get there, the number of showers is very limited and there is most likely a wait.

Have a good trip.

Good advice as when I arrived at around 8:30 AM there was over an hour wait

slsgsoccer0201 Feb 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Thank you for the input, flyingmachine . Ideally I would love to access the Senator Lounge, but I am flying on an award ticket without Star Alliance gold so I believe I only have access to the Business Lounge side, correct?

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 32061393)
I would start in the Senator lounge in E first, Then take the train over to A where you’ll be departing. To be quite honest I didn’t go to the Alpine lounge and I wasn’t that impressed with the Senator lounge in A (Seating area was small yes there was food I didn’t even look at it because I was only there for about a half hour) but compared to E, in my opinion it’s not even worth it. Now the Alpine on the second hand I think was my mistake that I didn’t visit and I understand that should be nicer

worldclubber Feb 13, 2020 3:26 am

Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201 (Post 32064816)
Thank you for the input, flyingmachine . Ideally I would love to access the Senator Lounge, but I am flying on an award ticket without Star Alliance gold so I believe I only have access to the Business Lounge side, correct?

That’s right.

The lounges are very similar, main plus of the SEN lounge is the whisky bar. Other than that the difference is negligible.

slsgsoccer0201 Feb 13, 2020 8:08 am

Appreciate you confirming. Whisky bar is a great selling point, hope to be able to see it sometime in the future. Will have to stick to Business Lounge for this trip.

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 32066380)
That’s right.

The lounges are very similar, main plus of the SEN lounge is the whisky bar. Other than that the difference is negligible.

YuropFlyer Feb 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Keep in mind Whisky bar is only open 10.30am to 6pm ;)

vladko Feb 19, 2020 12:38 am

Guys,

where can I find a proper map of Swiss lounges in ZRH? I have one in Lufthansa app but it is obnoxious to work with on a cellphone. A map on ZRH webiste doesn't show informations directly and Swiss website provides only text location with a generic map.

Also, on 14/2/2020 I went to a lounge but can't remember which one it was (Lounge D ?). I wanted to take a shower and the lady at the desk told me that showers are broken (it clearly took her a few seconds to make something up) and handed me a voucher for Transit Hotel & Dayrooms shower right next to a lounge. It was very unpleasant experience.

bruce80 Feb 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by vladko (Post 32088622)
Guys,

where can I find a proper map of Swiss lounges in ZRH? I have one in Lufthansa app but it is obnoxious to work with on a cellphone. A map on ZRH webiste doesn't show informations directly and Swiss website provides only text location with a generic map.

Also, on 14/2/2020 I went to a lounge but can't remember which one it was (Lounge D ?). I wanted to take a shower and the lady at the desk told me that showers are broken (it clearly took her a few seconds to make something up) and handed me a voucher for Transit Hotel & Dayrooms shower right next to a lounge. It was very unpleasant experience.

That certainly sounds like the D lounges. I could draw a map, but the question really is, where are you coming from and where are you going to? The locations of all the lounges in ZRH are quite straightforward, and actually don‘t really need a map to be found..

flospi Feb 22, 2020 10:09 am

Originally Posted by vladko (Post 32088622)
Guys,

It is not completely up-to-date, or they have a reason to not show the lounges in the E gates: https://airportmap.staralliance.com/...ml?airport=ZRH

swaigiux Feb 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Which lounge would be recommended with 95min connection, arriving from GRU in F and then leaving for LHR in J?

Fabo.sk Mar 2, 2020 6:47 pm

E terminal F lounge, if they can drive you. I'm not sure how driving heuristics work in ZRH.