Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:19 am

Anyone experienced the Whisky Lounge open before 10.30am or after 6pm (yes.. 6pm) recently?

always seen their sign in the last few month when outside of their single shift operating hours now.. pretty bad show by Swiss.

i mean, staff getting sick and no reserve, that can happen. But being short on staff for months.. in their Home base...

guess they dont pay their bartenders more than their FAs..
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Anyone experienced the Whisky Lounge open before 10.30am or after 6pm (yes.. 6pm) recently?

always seen their sign in the last few month when outside of their single shift operating hours now.. pretty bad show by Swiss.

i mean, staff getting sick and no reserve, that can happen. But being short on staff for months.. in their Home base...

guess they dont pay their bartenders more than their FAs..
I got to know 5 of the regular bartenders fairly well over the last few years and then about 2 years ago all but one started to talk about their wish to leave. Guess thats the result now.

Last edited by worldclubber; Jan 11, 2020 at 6:28 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
First class lounge in E concourse on arrival?

Hi all
Quick question. Planning a trip in F from Delhi and then transiting to Manchester. I assume we will land in E concourse. Does that mean we can use the F lounge in E (which I believe is nicer than the A one) and then move to D a bit later since we will have a 5 hour transit. Do they provide a car between the lounges or do we have to take the train between E and D?

Many thanks for any help.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:26 pm

Yes, you can stay in E and use the lounge there after clearing transfer security. You will need to make your own way to D.
Dselvan likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi all
Quick question. Planning a trip in F from Delhi and then transiting to Manchester. I assume we will land in E concourse. Does that mean we can use the F lounge in E (which I believe is nicer than the A one) and then move to D a bit later since we will have a 5 hour transit. Do they provide a car between the lounges or do we have to take the train between E and D?

Many thanks for any help.
Yes, you can use E FCL on arrival, I would then head over to A FCL by Heidi train, MAN departures sometimes have outside positions, in which case they would drive you from A FCL to the aircraft
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hi there,

Ill be arriving EWR - ZRH on a Tuesday 8:30 AM on United airlines. Im currently waitlisted for Polaris (business)

Ill be transferring to Barcelona (On Swiss in Economy at 12:20 PM, so I have a few hours to explore) curious if I need to clear any form of formalities in Zurich, or will I have to do that in Barcelona. With that said, Im star gold and wanted to know what are the better lounges to seek out. Im unsure ware what terminal Ill probably arrive in and depart from as well.

I read that the terminals are close together and the senator lounge in terminal E seems to be the best opportunity for me based on my class of travel and status.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Happy holidays and enjoy your 2020 travels
In addition to the other lounges mentioned, if you want to be thorough: Polaris gets access to the Swiss arrivals lounge too. (It's probably not worth it if you have the other lounges, and you'd have to go through security afterwards, but we might as well be complete.) Some rumours suggest even UA*G is enough to get you in, but that's unconfirmed.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by televisor
In addition to the other lounges mentioned, if you want to be thorough: Polaris gets access to the Swiss arrivals lounge too. (It's probably not worth it if you have the other lounges, and you'd have to go through security afterwards, but we might as well be complete.) Some rumours suggest even UA*G is enough to get you in, but that's unconfirmed.

I tried this last year and was denied, that's the best datapoint I can give you.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks, is the arrivals lounge something worth considering or is the Senator lounge in the E Gates upon arrival a nicer choice?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:36 am

Thanks, is the arrivals lounge something worth considering or is the Senator lounge in the E Gates upon arrival a nicer choice?
it depends

if you want a shower and head downtown afterwards: Arrival lounge
bacon/sausage for breakfast? Arrival lounge

if you got time to kill and want a nice view, and like egg dishes: Sen E
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But then I would be farting all day in meetings! At least, when I am playing music, I can let rip in the loud bits!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90

I tried this last year and was denied, that's the best datapoint I can give you.
Thanks, that makes perfect sense - that's fairly authoratitive. I saw one person claim that the arrivals lounge agents had told them that UA*G is enough, but (A) that report was 2nd hand (B) a long time ago and (C) unverified since they got into the lounge thanks to their J BP and not UA*G.

(Which doesn't mean it wasn't true at one point in the past, but it would be illogical given the usual entry criteria for all other arrivals lounges.)
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Where is Migros at ZRH

Hi, I understand at ZRH Airport theres a Migros supermarket (I want to get some Frey chocolate bars) for myself and as gifts. Ill be arriving in the E gates I believe and then departing from the A gates. Upper thread I was advised to start off with the lounges at the E gates ( arrival on United from the US) and work my way to the A gates For my Barcelona departure. Im in the airport for about 3 1/2 hours so where do I find the Migros supermarket?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi, I understand at ZRH Airport there’s a Migros supermarket (I want to get some Frey chocolate bars) for myself and as gifts. I’ll be arriving in the E gates I believe and then departing from the A gates. Upper thread I was advised to start off with the lounges at the E gates ( arrival on United from the US) and work my way to the A gates For my Barcelona departure. I’m in the airport for about 3 1/2 hours so where do I find the Migros supermarket?

Thanks in advance
Migros is in the area of the airport train station, aprox 5’ walking from A gates, but afterwards you will have to clear security control, which normally never takes long
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:31 pm

Hi, I understand at ZRH Airport theres a Migros supermarket (I want to get some Frey chocolate bars) for myself and as gifts. Ill be arriving in the E gates I believe and then departing from the A gates. Upper thread I was advised to start off with the lounges at the E gates ( arrival on United from the US) and work my way to the A gates For my Barcelona departure. Im in the airport for about 3 1/2 hours so where do I find the Migros supermarket?

Thanks in advance
BTW there are also some chocolate shops in the departures area between A and B - likely more expensive, and fancier, than Frey - but saves the trip through security, in case that's a concern.

(It's worth checking whether any of the lounges have luggage storage, then you'd really have no reason not to go through security.)
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
BTW there are also some chocolate shops in the departures area between A and B - likely more expensive, and fancier, than Frey - but saves the trip through security, in case that's a concern.

(It's worth checking whether any of the lounges have luggage storage, then you'd really have no reason not to go through security.)
LX lounge at Terminal D has got luggage storage. The one at Terminal A has a sort of storage but not sure if you can leave more than a coat and small items.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.