Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Jan 10, 20, 6:19 am
  #1486  
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,683
Anyone experienced the Whisky Lounge open before 10.30am or after 6pm (yes.. 6pm) recently?

always seen their sign in the last few month when outside of their single shift operating hours now.. pretty bad show by Swiss.

i mean, staff getting sick and no reserve, that can happen. But being short on staff for months.. in their Home base...

guess they donít pay their bartenders more than their FAs..
YuropFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 11, 20, 7:22 am
  #1487  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,489
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Anyone experienced the Whisky Lounge open before 10.30am or after 6pm (yes.. 6pm) recently?

always seen their sign in the last few month when outside of their single shift operating hours now.. pretty bad show by Swiss.

i mean, staff getting sick and no reserve, that can happen. But being short on staff for months.. in their Home base...

guess they donít pay their bartenders more than their FAs..
I got to know 5 of the regular bartenders fairly well over the last few years and then about 2 years ago all but one started to talk about their wish to leave. Guess thatís the result now.

Last edited by worldclubber; Jan 11, 20 at 7:28 am
worldclubber is offline  
Old Jan 13, 20, 4:31 pm
  #1488  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, Miles and Smiles Elite, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 172
First class lounge in E concourse on arrival?

Hi all
Quick question. Planning a trip in F from Delhi and then transiting to Manchester. I assume we will land in E concourse. Does that mean we can use the F lounge in E (which I believe is nicer than the A one) and then move to D a bit later since we will have a 5 hour transit. Do they provide a car between the lounges or do we have to take the train between E and D?

Many thanks for any help.
Dselvan is offline  
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:26 pm
  #1489  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 48
Yes, you can stay in E and use the lounge there after clearing transfer security. You will need to make your own way to D.
Dselvan likes this.
Recyclops is online now  
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:14 am
  #1490  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,518
Originally Posted by Dselvan View Post
Hi all
Quick question. Planning a trip in F from Delhi and then transiting to Manchester. I assume we will land in E concourse. Does that mean we can use the F lounge in E (which I believe is nicer than the A one) and then move to D a bit later since we will have a 5 hour transit. Do they provide a car between the lounges or do we have to take the train between E and D?

Many thanks for any help.
Yes, you can use E FCL on arrival, I would then head over to A FCL by Heidi train, MAN departures sometimes have outside positions, in which case they would drive you from A FCL to the aircraft
chris63 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:42 pm
  #1491  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: 1 thousand
Posts: 2,056
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Hi there,

Iíll be arriving EWR - ZRH on a Tuesday 8:30 AM on United airlines. Iím currently waitlisted for Polaris (business)

Iíll be transferring to Barcelona (On Swiss in Economy at 12:20 PM, so I have a few hours to explore) curious if I need to clear any form of formalities in Zurich, or will I have to do that in Barcelona. With that said, Iím star gold and wanted to know what are the better lounges to seek out. Iím unsure ware what terminal Iíll probably arrive in and depart from as well.

I read that the terminals are close together and the senator lounge in terminal E seems to be the best opportunity for me based on my class of travel and status.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Happy holidays and enjoy your 2020 travels
In addition to the other lounges mentioned, if you want to be thorough: Polaris gets access to the Swiss arrivals lounge too. (It's probably not worth it if you have the other lounges, and you'd have to go through security afterwards, but we might as well be complete.) Some rumours suggest even UA*G is enough to get you in, but that's unconfirmed.
Flying Machine likes this.
televisor is online now  
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:47 am
  #1492  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 6,090
Originally Posted by televisor View Post
In addition to the other lounges mentioned, if you want to be thorough: Polaris gets access to the Swiss arrivals lounge too. (It's probably not worth it if you have the other lounges, and you'd have to go through security afterwards, but we might as well be complete.) Some rumours suggest even UA*G is enough to get you in, but that's unconfirmed.


I tried this last year and was denied, that's the best datapoint I can give you.
Smiley90 is online now  
Old Jan 15, 20, 4:17 am
  #1493  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 4,271
Originally Posted by televisor View Post
In addition to the other lounges mentioned, if you want to be thorough: Polaris gets access to the Swiss arrivals lounge too. (It's probably not worth it if you have the other lounges, and you'd have to go through security afterwards, but we might as well be complete.) Some rumours suggest even UA*G is enough to get you in, but that's unconfirmed.
Thanks, is the arrivals lounge something worth considering or is the Senator lounge in the E Gates upon arrival a nicer choice?
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:36 am
  #1494  
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,683
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Thanks, is the arrivals lounge something worth considering or is the Senator lounge in the E Gates upon arrival a nicer choice?
it depends

if you want a shower and head downtown afterwards: Arrival lounge
bacon/sausage for breakfast? Arrival lounge

if you got time to kill and want a nice view, and like egg dishes: Sen E
Flying Machine likes this.
YuropFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 15, 20, 6:33 am
  #1495  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,205
But then I would be farting all day in meetings! At least, when I am playing music, I can let rip in the loud bits!
Concerto is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 11:56 am
  #1496  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: 1 thousand
Posts: 2,056
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post

I tried this last year and was denied, that's the best datapoint I can give you.
Thanks, that makes perfect sense - that's fairly authoratitive. I saw one person claim that the arrivals lounge agents had told them that UA*G is enough, but (A) that report was 2nd hand (B) a long time ago and (C) unverified since they got into the lounge thanks to their J BP and not UA*G.

(Which doesn't mean it wasn't true at one point in the past, but it would be illogical given the usual entry criteria for all other arrivals lounges.)
televisor is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: