"Kassensturz" tonight in Swiss TV

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, M&M FTL, Sixt Gold, IHG Gold
Exclamation "Kassensturz" tonight in Swiss TV

One of the topics in tonight's "Kassensturz" on SF1 at 21:05

Flugmeilen-Ärger: Swiss lässt Passagiere sitzen
Coop, Swisscom und Kreditkartenfirmen locken mit Flugmeilen. Doch Swiss hält in ihren Flugzeugen zuwenig Sitzplätze frei. Enttäuschte Kunden bleiben zu Hause auf ihren Meilen sitzen.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 5:06 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
tonight's "Kassensturz" on SF1 at 21:05

I am glad that I can split (picture in picture) my TV screen: Champions League / Kassensturz
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:27 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Why only Swiss ? I know a lot of other carriers, who do the same to their passengers .....
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:38 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by szg
Why only Swiss ? .....
Because it is swiss TV (state owned TV) reporting to swiss consumers about a former swiss owned airline in their magazine for critical swiss consumers ... they might even speak swiss-german dialect in some interviews made ...
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Rudi
I am glad that I can split (picture in picture) my TV screen: Champions League / Kassensturz
Watch the Champions League, it's probably more interesting. If you really want to see Kassensturz, you can do that after about 22:00 here: http://www2.sf.tv/sf1/kassensturz/sendung/archiv.php

I hope that the report will not be too unilateral and that an LX-spokesman will be invited.
The preview sounds pretty ridiculous:
Swiss hält in ihren Flugzeugen zuwenig Sitzplätze frei. Enttäuschte Kunden bleiben zu Hause auf ihren Meilen sitzen. (LX has insufficient award seats, disappointed customers are sitting on their miles at home). Should we send this link to the Swiss TV before the broadcast starts?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:12 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by rorschi
Watch the Champions League, it's probably more interesting. If you really want to see Kassensturz, you can do that after about 22:00 here: http://www2.sf.tv/sf1/kassensturz/sendung/archiv.php
Thanks for the link to Kassensturz. I can't receive SF1.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Direct link to the broadcast.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I just don't think that these guys checked all their options. And the guy trying to attend a congress should not expect to be able to pay by miles if he does not have any flexibility.

SmilingBoy.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Diese Erfahrung hat auch der Unternehmer Werner Suter gemacht. Er gründete deshalb Miles & Less, eine Interessengemeinschaft von unzufriedenen Vielfliegern. Bei Miles & Less melden sich auch Gelegenheitsflieger.

Hmm... 'Miles and Less' did bertheike or weero set up a club in CH?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:07 pm

At 4:09 of the video, the speaker says: "5% der Swiss Passagiere konnten letztes Jahr ihren Flug mit Meilen bezahlen".

One could understand this statment in the way that of all booked passengers, 5% paid their flights with miles. And that anticipate that 5% of all seats sold (5% of the load factor of, say, 80% = about 4% of all seats) are available as award. Is that really true?

Last edited by LXboy; Apr 10, 2007 at 5:27 pm
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
They should make this a daily anti-M&M mileage soap. That way, everybody would leave M&M and *A --> so many more awards for us.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LXboy
At 4:09 of the video, the speaker says: "5% der Swiss Passagiere konnten letztes Jahr ihren Flug mit Meilen bezahlen".

One could understand this statment in the way that of all booked passengers, 5% paid their flights with miles. And that anticipate that 5% of all seats sold (5% of the load factor of, say, 80% = about 4% of all seats) are available as award. Is that really true?

Just do the maths: on a longhaul 3 class (lets take the standard LH 8/48/165 343 or 333 config) they make atleast 4/9/9 seats available. Thats 22 out of 221 seats. On shorthaul they offer 9+9 seats on a 70-120 seat plane. Now how many actually are sold as award and how much of these go to M&M members (not *A not PPB etc)? 5% sounds realistic.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:38 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just do the maths ...
difficult. How many upgrades? with miles? with vouchers?

and, on some flights/dates LX doesn't offer any awards from the very first possible booking day on (330 days in advance until flight date): Switzerland - South America awards have probably the most restricted award availability.

and: Kassensturz should in all fairness inform, that miles&more miles can not only be used on LX flights, but on all StarAlliance carriers.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
and: Kassensturz should in all fairness inform, that miles&more miles can not only be used on LX flights, but on all StarAlliance carriers.
Sure, but then again, this kind of TV magazine is not about being fair, it's about being populist. Hence facts that contradict a certain message do not matter.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:53 am

They do! It is mentioned in the video (1:29) that miles can be spend for flights on all Staralliance Carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.