Wiki Posts
Search

F with LX or LH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2007, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX M&M
F with LX or LH

As i currently have enough miles to spend on, i will treat myself and fly F to HKG.
As a coach class flyer i've never experienced a flight in front.
Could you please give me a suggestion with pro/contra wether i should go directly with LX or flying through FRA.

Seat comfy and service might be better with LX, but how about the food...!

Thx for any impartially advice

Sam
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by lx343
As i currently have enough miles to spend on, i will treat myself and fly F to HKG.
As a coach class flyer i've never experienced a flight in front.
Could you please give me a suggestion with pro/contra wether i should go directly with LX or flying through FRA.

Seat comfy and service might be better with LX, but how about the food...!

Thx for any impartially advice

Sam
LH because of the FCT.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:12 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
For everything other than the FCT, I rate LX better than LH (ie seat, food, service). And since it's a direct flight even more so.

On the other hand, what about LX out and LH back (or vice versa)?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:33 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by alect
... what about LX out and LH back (or vice versa)?
I agree, as this is your first F experience, try both and report/compare. Both F are excellent. Food will be better on both airlines flying ex Switzerland/Germany (home catering) than on the flight back.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 2:58 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Do ZRH-FRA-HKG so you get access to the First Class Terminal in FRA. Then do HKG-ZRH direct so you get access to the Cathay Pacific Wing. Those two are pretty much the two best lounges on Earth.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 5:00 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
SWISS is clear winner

SWISS has much more space, a way better seat, a more private cabin - and, most important, real white bed sheets above and under you, where you will stay much more comfortable on your 12 hour flight then in the shabby rough blue LH seat.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by deer
SWISS has much more space, a way better seat, a more private cabin - and, most important, real white bed sheets above and under you, where you will stay much more comfortable on your 12 hour flight then in the shabby rough blue LH seat.
LH has a very private F cabin on its A330/A340s and a few A346s. LX does not offer sleep suits and the F amenity kit is a joke. On the other hand, I like LH's pyjamas and amenity kit. Personally, I have received better service on LH. I will have to admit that LX's first class seat is a lot more comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.