LX now (jan-4-2006) included in Star-rtw

Old Jan 4, 06, 10:57 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
LX now (jan-4-2006) included in Star-rtw

Starting jan-4-2006 LX is now a partner for StarAlliance rtw-tickets:

Fares do not apply on LX FLIGHTS 3000-3239 / 4080-4089 / 4110-4239 / 4260-4299 / 4310-4579 / 4600-4639 / 7400-7499
(Train / bus services in Switzerland not permitted)
Old Jan 5, 06, 5:16 am
Suspended

Prices for RTW

Right, got the same mail yesterday. But where are the prices? Couldn't get any information on the StarAlliance web pages.
Old Jan 5, 06, 8:12 am

Prices for RTW are different, it depends where you start.

see the *A RTW section in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325688
Old Jan 5, 06, 12:07 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the heads up, Rudi!

And Happy New Year!

Mark
Old Jan 6, 06, 8:32 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
... But where are the prices? ...
current prices ex Switzerland (the same as from april-2005, confirmed by the local SQ office in downtown Zurich today jan-6-2006):

mileage / eco / bus / first (in SFr)

26'000 / 3'070
29'000 / 3'650 / 7'875 / 12'100
34'000 / 4'190 / 9'075 / 13'900
39'000 / 4'920 / 10'650 / 16'350

Last edited by Rudi; Jan 7, 06 at 1:37 am
Old Jan 11, 06, 8:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Would this rule also apply to tickets that were issued before Jan 4th that do not have LX in the list of allowed carriers?
Old Jan 11, 06, 9:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
I'm not sure. IIRC they say something along the lines of valid on all *A carriers (as opposed to listing all the airlines). LX isnt yet a *A carrier, but OTOH it is now valid on (at least new) *A RTW.

I think I would argue for allowing LX - but that is just my opinion.
Old Jan 16, 06, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
The RTW ticket states: "VALID STAR ALLIANCE / NON REF".
This is on my current CRWSTAR1 ticket, issued Dec 27 2005.
Old Jan 19, 06, 4:52 pm

Thought you may be interested to know how I succeeded when I tried to change my flight from an LH one to an earlier LX one.

First I tried at the SEN lounge in Terminal A in FRA and was told "Can't help you. We have no idea about these rules, go to the ticket desk (where the line was horrendous". So I gave that a miss and thought I would try in ZRH.

Helpful LH agent in Zurich, said that LX travel is only good for tickets issued since the rule came into effect. I said fair enough but somehow mentioned that I just wanted to change flights between ZRH and MUC. He told me that he could do this for me and changed my flight giving the LH codeshare code instead of the LX number. I had tried this when I booked the ticket initially but it had been refused. Anyway, I asked him why he could do that but originally said he couldn't. He explained that he could not have changed my ticket to rebook me on a route where there was no LH flight, but this was ok.

I am not sure exactly WHY it is ok, but anyway, I got what I wanted, so no issue with that.
Old Jan 20, 06, 3:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Helpful LH agent in Zurich, said that LX travel is only good for tickets issued since the rule came into effect. I said fair enough but somehow mentioned that I just wanted to change flights between ZRH and MUC. He told me that he could do this for me and changed my flight giving the LH codeshare code instead of the LX number.
I thought codeshares are not allowed on RTWs? Did he make the change on your ticket coupon too?
Old Jan 20, 06, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I thought codeshares are not allowed on RTWs? Did he make the change on your ticket coupon too?
I have never had any problems using code shares on *RTW.
And since the first LX metal with LH codeshares have come into play - it has been possible to use LX flights as long as the LH number is not in the excluded LH ones on the RTW rules book. This even before Jan 4.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 20, 06, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, he did. I was actually expecting him to put the LX number, but he put thed LH codeshare flight number.
Old Feb 22, 06, 10:13 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Does LAX-ZRH opperate with an LH code?
Old Feb 26, 06, 9:00 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
The RTW ticket states: "VALID STAR ALLIANCE / NON REF".
This is on my current CRWSTAR1 ticket, issued Dec 27 2005.
No problem.

I had my FRWSTAR1 reiussud and revalidaded on LX flights on Friday in the FCT. Took them an hour to do so, (finding the PNR -- was lost, booking flights, re-validating mileage, reissue ticket, calculating taxes etc). But I have now changed my last two remaining long haul from LH F to LX F (one inbound one outbound just forthe fun of it.
Old Feb 26, 06, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
No problem.

I had my FRWSTAR1 reiussud and revalidaded on LX flights on Friday in the FCT. Took them an hour to do so, (finding the PNR -- was lost, booking flights, re-validating mileage, reissue ticket, calculating taxes etc). But I have now changed my last two remaining long haul from LH F to LX F (one inbound one outbound just forthe fun of it.
It's always fun to check-out new stuff. And if you need ticketing services, it's a great idea to route to or through the FCT. Their ticketing staff is competent and helpful, and your waiting experience while they are at work could not be better.

Just imagine waiting and standing an hour at a normal ticket counter while other customers are lining up behind you. Quite uncomfortable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: