Miles earned from January to March counted as M&M Status Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:52 pm
mbr
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Miles earned from January to March counted as M&M Status Miles

Hi all

I have a short question. I'm still unsure how to understand this.

On 1.4.06 they will transfer our STC Miles to M&M. I understand at this poînt all miles are transferred as Bonus Miles. Does that means that STC miles earned from January to March 06 are not counted as Status Miles. Does that means that, in order to ensure to requalify for the SEN status, one shall book all flights in 2006 to the M&M card already? But the disadvantage is that one cannot get OP-UP's from January to March then because the M&M card which is registered is not a Status card (in my case only FTL).

Any ideas/comments?

Greets
mbr
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: LX Sen, SQ PPS
Quite easy: Book with your Swiss TravelClub number, and have it changed to the LH M&M number when checking in.

Cheers, Pocoloco
Old Jan 4, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Does that mean that op-upgrade decisions are made prior to the time when people check-in ? Doesn't make sense to me, since they will only know how many no-shows they have once check-in is closed. This again means that they would base their op-upgrade decision based on the status one has in the computer AFTER check-in, right ?
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: LX Sen, SQ PPS
Well, having the STC number in certainly takes care of the cases where you are upgraded at check-in.

Although not being an insider at all, I got the impression that the M&M number gets added to your record and does not replace frequent flyer information in the electronic passenger list. However, you boarding pass will not read STCG anymore.

Given my bad luck regarding upgrades, it won't make too much difference for me either.

Pl.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:15 am

I guess you're right...

Originally Posted by mbr
...But the disadvantage is that one cannot get OP-UP's from January to March then because the M&M card which is registered is not a Status card (in my case only FTL).

Any ideas/comments?

Greets
mbr
I used my LH SEN card on LX183 three days ago... the purser did not greet me at first as the other TCGM members - then he recognized me because we have already met on at least 10 other flights - being slightly embarrassed he checked the passenger manifest and then told me that it only indicates that I was a M&M member...

ps: also no op-up to F although Y was overbooked, C-Full, my TCGM no. in the reservation...
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:23 am
Suspended

No executive bonus !!!

Originally Posted by mbr
Hi all

I have a short question. I'm still unsure how to understand this.

Any ideas/comments?

Greets
mbr

mbr, the thing with the upgrades is the smallest problem for me, as it happens almonst not at all to me to get upgraded. the main point for me is that if I credit the miles from the lx flights to my blue aua card;

1. i will not get the executive bonus
2. i will only get 125 instead of 1000 miles for the cheap eurpean tickets

swiss, wake up and solve the problem !!!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:14 am
mbr
Original Poster

@Michael Tantini

You're definitely right as well. In my case the Executive Bonus is not the problem since I'm already FTL with M&M (which is giving executive Bonus as well). But regarding the quantity of Miles it should be worth to book it on my LX account.

I don't understand why they are doing such changes by April instead of January and why they don't manage to resolve such problems at all.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mbr
I don't understand why they are doing such changes by April instead of January and why they don't manage to resolve such problems at all.
Just an idea. Maybe they don't like us Swiss folks too much? Remember the generous promotions that we had recently? The 10k and then the 5k (which is not yet credited) promotions?

Starting to collect miles on 1st of April makes it for many of us almost impossible to renew the Senator status this year.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:25 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by mbr
The change in Jan is due to the simultaneous changes in MM on April 1... so there is only one system update for them...

Originally Posted by mbr
I used my LH SEN card on LX183 three days ago... the purser did not greet me at first as the other TCGM members - then he recognized me because we have already met on at least 10 other flights - being slightly embarrassed he checked the passenger manifest and then told me that it only indicates that I was a M&M member...
Mhh get used to this ...
I NEVER was greeted by the purser on a LH flight as a SEN . There are about 200 000 SEN... and on any given long haul flight I can find a minimum of 30 SEN on the manifest....
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:21 am

Programs: half orphan (ie. STC before, but not really happy with M&M)
But why you don´t try the triple dip, ie. the normal miles, converted status miles and maybe an elite upgrade which will be converted to 50000 miles after april 1st too !

M&L requalification can be done in 2007 too ...

and in the meantime, if you really want to qualify for *G, why not try ROP

Last edited by Monet01; Jan 5, 2006 at 6:37 am
Old Jan 5, 2006, 7:06 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Mhh get used to this ...
I NEVER was greeted by the purser on a LH flight as a SEN . There are about 200 000 SEN... and on any given long haul flight I can find a minimum of 30 SEN on the manifest....
That being said, I guess a FTL will never get anything particular, except the crowded LH lounges. Do you think *G with let's say AC instead of LH, would be more noticeable in Europe?
Old Jan 5, 2006, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I am a Senator, expiring in 2007. There's no chance of re-qualifying this year. Sad.

I am also TCGM, with a fair wadge of miles in my account.

If I transfer into my existing Senator account when TC ends, will that reactivate it until 2009? ... or is it more sensible to let the LX transfer open a new Senator account for me?

I guess a new Senator account would also create a couple of E-upgrades and perhaps some new goodies: I'm not sure if this would happen if it were a simple transfer into an existing account.

I could take a deep breath and try getting straight answers over the phone - but one of you kind people may well have done that already ...
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by mbr
On 1.4.06 they will transfer our STC Miles to M&M. I understand at this poînt all miles are transferred as Bonus Miles. Does that means that STC miles earned from January to March 06 are not counted as Status Miles. Does that means that, in order to ensure to requalify for the SEN status, one shall book all flights in 2006 to the M&M card already?
If you held status with STC on 31.12.05, you will maintain the M&M equivalent of that status until 02/2008, regardless of the miles flown in 2006. To keep status beyond that, it is enough to requalify in 2007 (calendar year). If you really want to requalify in 2006 already, you indeed have to use your M&M card already now, and even on LX flights, for all STC miles will be transferred as bonuses.

Personally, I will probably not earn more than 10k status miles in 2006 and save my money for 2007...
Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
Starting to collect miles on 1st of April makes it for many of us almost impossible to renew the Senator status this year.
True, but then again we don't have to. One could consider it generous that our STC status is extended for 2 years (and rumor has it that LH will throw in the e-upgrades as well). Personally, I'd still appreciate a "reward" for those of us that fulfilled the STC requalification criteria in 2005 despite not having had to.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
If I transfer into my existing Senator account when TC ends, will that reactivate it until 2009? ... or is it more sensible to let the LX transfer open a new Senator account for me?
Not 2009, but 02/2008, yes. I don't think that you are allowed two M&M accounts for the same person, so they'd eventually be merged anyway.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:22 am
mbr
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
If you really want to requalify in 2006 already, you indeed have to use your M&M card already now, and even on LX flights, for all STC miles will be transferred as bonuses.
I will definitely try to requalify in 2006 already since I have a lot of flights planned in spring and you never know what will be in 2007. So as earlier as I can qualify as better it is.

Originally Posted by airoli
Personally, I'd still appreciate a "reward" for those of us that fulfilled the STC requalification criteria in 2005 despite not having had to.
I agreee. I flew somehow around 100K Clubmiles in 2005 and I would also appreciate to get something back for this qualification. At the end of 2003 (when to wanted to Join OneWorld) the "gift" was quite nice since we got 4 upgrades (usable on any flight). I still hope to get the same as well.

Originally Posted by Monet01
But why you don´t try the triple dip, ie. the normal miles, converted status miles and maybe an elite upgrade which will be converted to 50000 miles after april 1st too !
I will definitely use my elite upgrade before the change since I will use it for a C->F upgrade on a very long flight which is worth at least the 50K Miles.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Guys,

I believe the ones getting the rough deal are the Circles who requalified in 2005, but didn't make it to HON Circle. Most of these guys would have had an extension of their status thru June 2008. In addition to not getting any extension of their status, they get "downgraded" to SEN.
Requalifying as SEN in 12 months (although 9 months only with Executive Bonus) in 2006 or 12 months in 2007 should be no problem for them. But to get to HON Circle level the first quarter of this year will not help them (as explained below).

For the Circles who made it to HON Circle level the deal is not that exceptional. They get 24 months to requalify as HON Circle, but only 21 months with the Executive Bonus.
Why would they accrue miles in M&M as they will not get Exec. Bonus in M&M till 01.04.06, while at the same time accruing miles in STC will give them the chance of collecting Free Elite Upgrades... which are worth 50,000 miles each if unused by 31.03.06. A HON Circle has to make in average min. 25,000 miles a month, therefore you are talking about 1 or 2, maybe 3, Free Exec. Upgrades, i.e. 50/100 or 150,000 miles on the top of the STC Status and bonus miles...

STC Silver and Gold who have requalified by end 2005 would have extended their status until March 2007, therefore they only get as an additional perk to requalify in either years with the 9 months restrictions on Exec. bonus in 2006.

STC Silver and Gold who had membership till March 2006 and did not requalify at the end of 2005 are the happy fellows who get the best deal, i.e. they would have lost their Silver or Gold status in STC and now they are getting two years of FTL or SEN for free. They will have two chances to requalify as FTL or SEN, 2006 (but with only 9 months of elite bonus) and 2007.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.