Changes to award ticket?

Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Changes to award ticket?

I have an AA award ticket for 5/06 that I got in 6/05 because my Swissair miles were to expire. I knew I would need to make changes in the future. What will happen when Swissair FF program is not there to take the call?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 5:54 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
If you want to make changes in April or after, you will be able to contact Miles & More Switzerland. Any changes will be done as per M&M general conditions. If you were to cancel the flight, make sure you are registered for the conversion (by 23rd Dec), otherwise you would loose your miles.

Here are some FAQ that will give you more info:PDF
Old Dec 16, 2005, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
If you want to make changes in April or after, you will be able to contact Miles & More Switzerland. Any changes will be done as per M&M general conditions. If you were to cancel the flight, make sure you are registered for the conversion (by 23rd Dec), otherwise you would loose your miles.

Here are some FAQ that will give you more info:PDF
Thanks for the info. Can you be more specific on why something has to be done before 12/23?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by chauming
Thanks for the info. Can you be more specific on why something has to be done before 12/23?
because so far, LX asks for applications for transfering miles to m&m per april-1st have to be done by that date (dec-23) otherwise points will be lost when Travelclub closes down. But I am pretty sure that there will be offered another opportunity to change the programs later.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:44 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by chauming
Yes, and by registering for the conversion, you make sure that if the flight is cancelled, miles can be re-credited to your new miles & more account.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
Yes, and by registering for the conversion, you make sure that if the flight is cancelled, miles can be re-credited to your new miles & more account.

I picked 5/2006 as it was the furthest date out that ticketing was available. I planned to travel in 6/2006. I had no idea of this conversion at the time of ticketing. Now it is creating some problems for me. I am under the impression that my tickets cannot be transfered back to miles since I converted them right before they were to expired.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
That is correct. If your miles have now "expired", they cannot be re-credited (at least in theory). Also, you cannot postpone your travel dates any further than 365 days from the original ticket issue date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.