How is connecting at ZRH?

Old Dec 14, 05, 6:40 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: ORD
Programs: UA *G
Posts: 1,721
How is connecting at ZRH?

How are connections at ZRH?
Is 1:30 enough? I'm connecting from AA (American) to PS (Ukraine International Airlines), but thought the Swiss forum would have the most ZRH-familiar people.
JBLUA320 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 05, 7:52 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Posts: 2,861
With 1h30 min connection time you'll be fine. You will arrive at Terminal E and you'll take the skytrain there to terminal 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You'll find more informations here Transit in ZRH
Enjoy your short stay in Switzerland

Luke
f4freeJunior is offline  
Old Dec 15, 05, 6:27 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Seat 1A
Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Posts: 6,654
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
With 1h30 min connection time you'll be fine. You will arrive at Terminal E and you'll take the skytrain there to terminal 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Luke
Absolutely agree...ZRH is EASY - 1:30 is more than enough - you'll even have some time to do some duty free shopping. PS leaves from the B gates which is in Terminal 2 as correctly stated.
ClipperDelta is offline  
Old Dec 17, 05, 5:12 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ORD
Programs: AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles
Posts: 49
I will also be connecting through Zurich in August 06. It'll be my first time. I'll be arriving on LX from the States and then connecting on AC to DEL... what can I expect?

Thanks,

Leo

Last edited by KLM871_India; Dec 17, 05 at 5:19 pm
KLM871_India is offline  
Old Dec 18, 05, 4:59 am
  #5  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: CH-3823 Wengen Switzerland
Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Posts: 27,031
Originally Posted by KLM871_India
I will also be connecting through Zurich in August 06. It'll be my first time. I'll be arriving on LX from the States and then connecting on AC to DEL... what can I expect?

Thanks,

Leo
longhaule LX arrivals and AC departures are both in terminal E. You can stay in that terminal, but if you have a longer than 2.5 hours stayover in ZRH I would consider a short downtown visit by local train (runs every 10-15 minutes and it is only a 12 minutes trainride to the center). Immigration (you probably need a VISA) is easy and very fast.
Rudi is offline  
Old Dec 18, 05, 7:22 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ORD
Programs: AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles
Posts: 49
I dont have enough time going to India but going back i do. I am a citizen of the US ( i dont think i need a visa for Switzerland do I?) My plane arrives at 8.35 and then we depart at 10.10 for Delhi.

Coming back we have 4 hours, 50 minutes layover.
KLM871_India is offline  
Old Dec 19, 05, 4:42 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore and London
Programs: BA Gold; SQ PPS; UA Gold; LH FTL; Flying Blue Silver; Starwood Gold; ICHG AMB; Hyatt Platinum;
Posts: 5,391
Originally Posted by KLM871_India
I dont have enough time going to India but going back i do. I am a citizen of the US ( i dont think i need a visa for Switzerland do I?) My plane arrives at 8.35 and then we depart at 10.10 for Delhi.

Coming back we have 4 hours, 50 minutes layover.
You do not need a visa for Switzerland - a US passport is fine!
House is offline  
Old Dec 19, 05, 5:04 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Posts: 826
ZRH transit

1:30 connecting is ok if your flight is on time. Getting from E terminal where all intercontinental services operate to B where PS is can be a rather long trek. Don't wander around duty free until you get to terminal B. At that hour the airport is very crowded.
No visa needed, immigration is very fast.
dh01 is online now  
Old Jan 3, 06, 5:40 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 14
I arrive at ZRH from JFK on Jan 27 at 8.20 departing at 10.00 am for BOM. My first time on Swiss as well as ZRH. Any pointers. On my way back will be stooping for 5 days for visiting a friend in Germany and visiting Zurich.
mansa is offline  
Old Jan 4, 06, 2:47 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ZRH / YUL
Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Posts: 6,479
Not much to point out - you will arrive and depart within the same building (Dock E). All you have to do is re-clear security.
airoli is offline  
Old Jan 4, 06, 2:40 pm
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 159
What kind of business are you in?

Originally Posted by JBLUA320
How are connections at ZRH?
Is 1:30 enough? I'm connecting from AA (American) to PS (Ukraine International Airlines), but thought the Swiss forum would have the most ZRH-familiar people.
He man, conection is perfect, don't worry. What are you doing in Ukraine? In which business are you in? I was last summer there. Nice, nice
Michael Tantini is offline  
Old Apr 18, 06, 6:20 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: UA peasant, QF tin, VA drycracker
Posts: 172
Arriving on LX from YUL, 60 minute transit, onwards with LX to CDG. This is apparently a safe connection time -- if the inbound flight were late, what would be the shortest viable connection time? And would the checked luggage make it?
aspro is offline  
Old Apr 23, 06, 1:00 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: AA EXP/2.5MM SPG
Posts: 255
Originally Posted by aspro
Arriving on LX from YUL, 60 minute transit, onwards with LX to CDG. This is apparently a safe connection time -- if the inbound flight were late, what would be the shortest viable connection time? And would the checked luggage make it?
I have done it in under 30 minutes. They may even hold it open for you if the delay is short.
Oceanrider is offline  
Old Apr 23, 06, 3:05 pm
  #14  
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Posts: 12,236
I had two connections through ZRH last week, flying C from CDG to WAW. For both connections, there was a secondary check of our passport and boarding pass, the latter being stamped by staff from Checkport. Otherwise, the transfer was uneventful although, on the way back, the flight from WAW was 10mn late (I initially had a 65mn connection) and the gate for the flight to CDG was among the farthest A gate and I had to rush . I was slightly surprised that the C passengers were not only NOT given priority boarding but also were told to wait until most coach passengers had boarded.
JOUY31 is offline  
Old Apr 23, 06, 6:31 pm
  #15  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: CH-3823 Wengen Switzerland
Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Posts: 27,031
Originally Posted by JOUY31
... I was slightly surprised that the C passengers were not only NOT given priority boarding but also were told to wait until most coach passengers had boarded.
there is, for inner-european flights, no priority boarding for LX (nor for LH), and that otherwise granted priority for most StarAlliance carriers is NOT promised (and NOT published) when flying LX nor LH.
Rudi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: