MR out of SIN ?!?

Old Dec 13, 05, 9:23 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TYO
Programs: NH*G, Accor Silver
Posts: 83
MR out of SIN ?!?

Hi there:

in order to qualify for silver status (which later equals to LH FTL, correct?) I "only" need approx. 12k miles until January 31, 2006.. (never been so "close"..)

Is there any way to achieve this for reasonable costs, given the fact that I am based in SIN and therefore do not have as many possibilities to fly LX...
But afaik I can also collect miles on QF or MH for example which are more active in this region here, right ?

Thank you for your comments / thoughts..
Chris27 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 9:34 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ZRH / MUC / VIE
Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Posts: 6,480
Hello Chris,

I think the cheapest way for you ist to fly several times to BKK (where I am right now and waiting for my flight...) and back. Two roundtrips in F-Class are sufficient.

Be aware that only LX and LH give clubmiles. With QF and MH you can only collect bonus miles which do not count for reaching silver.

Patrick
rorschi is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 9:34 am
  #3  
AHO
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,044
Originally Posted by Chris27
Hi there:

in order to qualify for silver status (which later equals to LH FTL, correct?) I "only" need approx. 12k miles until January 31, 2006.. (never been so "close"..)

Is there any way to achieve this for reasonable costs, given the fact that I am based in SIN and therefore do not have as many possibilities to fly LX...
But afaik I can also collect miles on QF or MH for example which are more active in this region here, right ?

Thank you for your comments / thoughts..
But QF/MH flights will not be counted as STATUS MILES(CLUB MILES).

Last edited by AHO; Dec 13, 05 at 9:37 am
AHO is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 9:54 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Posts: 584
Originally Posted by Chris27
Hi there:

in order to qualify for silver status (which later equals to LH FTL, correct?) I "only" need approx. 12k miles until January 31, 2006.. (never been so "close"..)

Is there any way to achieve this for reasonable costs, given the fact that I am based in SIN and therefore do not have as many possibilities to fly LX...
But afaik I can also collect miles on QF or MH for example which are more active in this region here, right ?

Thank you for your comments / thoughts..
I´m not sure about the next point, but afaik only your LX status at December, 31st 2005 will be matched (or transfered) to LH M&M.
Dennis is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 10:02 am
  #5  
formerly Fly-Swiss
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ
Posts: 878
Originally Posted by Dennis
I´m not sure about the next point, but afaik only your LX status at December, 31st 2005 will be matched (or transfered) to LH M&M.
If you reach STC Silver before 31st March 06, STC will inform M&M separetely and you will get FT status on M&M:
FAQ

For a return ticket in First to BKK you might have to pay around SGD 2,000...
Volasia is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 10:38 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Posts: 584
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
If you reach STC Silver before 31st March 06, STC will inform M&M separetely and you will get FT status on M&M:
FAQ

For a return ticket in First to BKK you might have to pay around SGD 2,000...
thanks for the right clarification.
Dennis is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 10:44 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 9,528
If you are willing to fly many more times between SIN and BKK (in Y) LX is having a promotion

Sales Period: 18 Nov 05 - 30 Dec 05
Travel Period: 18 Nov 05 - 30 Dec 05
Booking via email must reach us by 29 Dec 05, 5pm
Travel must be completed by 31 Dec 05

Singapore to
Bangkok
to Singapore
Economy Class
Min Stay Waived
Max Stay 14 Days
( Return Trip ) Q
S$190

No min stay is perfect

http://www.airfares.com.sg/airfares/...lx_bangkok.htm

Or....Europe is only $1300SGD away

4 segment path: 13016 mi

SIN (01°21'01"N 103°59'40"E) BKK (13°54'45"N 100°36'24"E) 894 mi
BKK (13°54'45"N 100°36'24"E) ZRH (47°27'53"N 08°32'57"E) 5614 mi
ZRH (47°27'53"N 08°32'57"E) BKK (13°54'45"N 100°36'24"E) 5614 mi
BKK (13°54'45"N 100°36'24"E) SIN (01°21'01"N 103°59'40"E) 894 mi

Cheers

Last edited by sadiqhassan; Dec 13, 05 at 10:52 am
sadiqhassan is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 12:59 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BRU
Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Bronze + other less precious metals
Posts: 2,634
If you don't feel like flying back and forth SIN-BKK, once you're in BKK you could try some of the LH fares ex-Thailand. They have some decent prices for both Y and C class on their regional flights out of BKK (to KUL, CGK and SGN) and/or a combined tix with LH to Europe for THB34,900 (SGD1430) in Y and THB 111,900 (SGD4585) in C (though I understand this might be more than you need - and willing to pay for - at this stage). Small caveat with those Y fares: check whether they would earn miles at 100%.
nomad1974 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 2:24 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 9,528
Originally Posted by nomad1974
If you don't feel like flying back and forth SIN-BKK, once you're in BKK you could try some of the LH fares ex-Thailand. They have some decent prices for both Y and C class on their regional flights out of BKK (to KUL, CGK and SGN) and/or a combined tix with LH to Europe for THB34,900 (SGD1430) in Y and THB 111,900 (SGD4585) in C (though I understand this might be more than you need - and willing to pay for - at this stage). Small caveat with those Y fares: check whether they would earn miles at 100%.
The Y fares I have posted above do allow 100% mileage accural, not sure about the LH fares

Cheers
sadiqhassan is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 3:22 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BRU
Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Bronze + other less precious metals
Posts: 2,634
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
The Y fares I have posted above do allow 100% mileage accural, not sure about the LH fares

Cheers
Ehm, this is what I said, isn't it?!
nomad1974 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 05, 3:48 pm
  #11  
AHO
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,044
Originally Posted by nomad1974
LH to Europe for THB34,900 (SGD1430) in Y and THB 111,900 (SGD4585) in C (though I understand this might be more than you need - and willing to pay for - at this stage). Small caveat with those Y fares: check whether they would earn miles at 100%.
LH's ex-BKK Europe fare THB34,900 is, I'm almost sure, H class 3M Open.
THB111,900 fare is D class.

LX's ex-BKK Europe fare is also about same range as LH's, but U class is used for 1M Open. D class for THB111,400.
LX fare allows you to use LX4300/4301(TG operated) flights.

LX' ex-BKK SIN is THB11,500 for D class and THB5,900 for K class(both are r/t fare excl. taxes).
AHO is offline  
Old Dec 18, 05, 4:10 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TYO
Programs: NH*G, Accor Silver
Posts: 83
Thanks..

..for all your help and advices !

Merry X-Mas to all !!
Chris27 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 05, 5:08 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Posts: 826
Use LX to BKK, then be creative

Best way is to go SIN BKK SIN with LX, and from BKK check out the huge number of interesting fares. [email protected] is my agent in BKK, his name is Jain. He can probably help with intra Asian fares on LH.
Good luck
dh01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: