Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Hi,

I just got an milage-upgrade for my flight from Chicago to Zurich (March 14).
After visiting the Swiss-Page, I saw that there is no Lounge in Chicago. Is that possible?

That would be bad, because the last time at the JFK Lounge was great!

So, i hope, anybody of you has been in a Swiss-lounge in Chicago :-)

Thanks for your answer!

Greets from sunny Florida,
Frank
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:52 pm

Programs: TCGM
Originally Posted by frankz
Hi,

I just got an milage-upgrade for my flight from Chicago to Zurich (March 14).
After visiting the Swiss-Page, I saw that there is no Lounge in Chicago. Is that possible?

That would be bad, because the last time at the JFK Lounge was great!

So, i hope, anybody of you has been in a Swiss-lounge in Chicago :-)

Thanks for your answer!

Greets from sunny Florida,
Frank
IMHO Swiss has no lounge in Chicago Ohare; when there, I always use AA Admirals club, sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't- I found no pattern yet ;-)

If the reception girls are giving you a hard time... try to sweet talk them
Old Mar 4, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
LX does ( or did when I last checked) run its own, fairly nice lounge in ORD's international terminal. It can get crowded right before the flight, but is otherwise okay.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 5:35 pm

Programs: TCGM
Originally Posted by airoli
LX does ( or did when I last checked) run its own, fairly nice lounge in ORD's international terminal. It can get crowded right before the flight, but is otherwise okay.
Then I stand corrected...

Come to think of it...I usualy arrive at Chicago, and go to the AA lounge @ the domestic terminal (3) for my connecting flight. I never had the chance to fly out of Chicago, always thru LAX, JFK or BOS.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
There was one as of a year ago - pretty much straight ahead after you clear security, near Gate M12 (or was it M10)?

As you enter, you go to the right of the front desk for the Business Class section, or to the left for the First Class section.

The J side was small and crowded. There's also a glassed-in room out by the desk that is less crowded. Nice snacks and beverages.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:51 am

Programs: LH Sen; US Silver; AA Silver; Hilton Gold
Arrow Chicago T5 LX Lounge Options?

Will be flying ORD-ZRH business class in a few weeks, for the first time, and I'm wondering about the lounge in ORD. I have a 90 minute layover there- will have arrived on AA from MSP. Will I have time to visit the lounge and is it worth it anyway? It'll be a Friday night after a long week...

Thanks for the advice and info

hurlimann
Old Nov 15, 2005, 5:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
LX runs its own lounge in T5 at O'Hare, and it is quite nice, albeit a bit small. Last time I was there they still had the lovely Nespresso machine, which makes for much better stuff than what they serve in ZRH...
With a 90 min layover, you probably won't have too much time anyway considering that you'll have to change terminals and re-clear security.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:19 am

Programs: Swiss HON, Emirates Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by airoli
LX runs its own lounge in T5 at O'Hare, and it is quite nice, albeit a bit small. Last time I was there they still had the lovely Nespresso machine, which makes for much better stuff than what they serve in ZRH...
With a 90 min layover, you probably won't have too much time anyway considering that you'll have to change terminals and re-clear security.
thats right, the nespresso machine is always a pleasure being in Swiss Lounge ORD, but there is nothing special in C or F class to do, it is okay to be there 30 mins before depature, check the opening hours!
Old Nov 20, 2005, 10:24 am

Are there separate Business and First sections of the ORD lounge?
Old Nov 22, 2005, 3:07 pm

There are seperate C and F sections at the ORD lounge. The F lounge is nothing special and quite small, but as there aren't many F pax it's ok to relax.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 10:39 am

Question LX Business Class Lounge at ORD?

Would anyone like to share their impressions of the LX Business Class Lounge at ORD? We are travelling to ZRH in C via LX for the first time in a few weeks. Is it worth a visit or should we languish in duty-free or at the bar until departure time?

Cheers,

Derew
Old Apr 26, 2006, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Unfortunately, ORD terminal 5, the international terminal is a dump. Even though it is new, there is nothing to do post security. A small little Duty Free stand is all that I remember. Pre-security, there is a food court, one or two stores and that is it. However, Swiss's lounge is pretty nice. It's smaller than others but is adequate. A small selection of snacks, but that was the 5:00 departure time, now it is two hours later, and some nice drinks. I was on the smaller First Class side. No real difference except nicer furniture maybe and some extra drinks. However, it will be interesting to see what they do when the flight becomes 2-class on May 1 . I'd at least give it a try, surprisingly, security isn't too slow when I was there so you could always go back out to the food court. Also, there is one small window to see the Aer Lingus gate and one or two TV's, plus papers, and a business center with free computers, although they were down when I was there.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:25 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I agree with daron4000. Th LX Biz lounge in ORD is nothing spectacular. I was there last month, and the lounge was totally over crowded. The lounge is very small, and there are not many seats or chairs. Service / staff working there, are nice although. The lounge dragons were very friendly (I just qualified for FTL with that particular flight, and even so they let me use the lounge^).

oh, and welcome to FT Derew

Last edited by f4freeJunior; Apr 27, 2006 at 12:32 pm Reason: welcomed Derew to FT
Old May 2, 2006, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I agree with daron4000. Th LX Biz lounge in ORD is nothing spectacular. I was there last month, and the lounge was totally over crowded. The lounge is very small, and there are not many seats or chairs. Service / staff working there, are nice although. The lounge dragons were very friendly (I just qualified for FTL with that particular flight, and even so they let me use the lounge^).

oh, and welcome to FT Derew
Thank you both for the information regarding the LX lounge at ORD. This is very helpful. Sounds as if their will be a crowd. F4freejunior, thank you for the kind welcome to this forum.

Cheers,

Derew
Old Oct 9, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: AA, US, HYATT, SW
LX Lounge in Chicago

Did a search but the latest info was from 2005. Wanted to get some input on the Swiss Lounge. I usually fly AA but am on Swiss business to ZRH this Friday. How is the lounge? Is it worth getting there a few hours before the flight. I typically like to get to the airport and relax, read a newspaper, watch TV and have a few drinks. Some lounges are so small and badly serviced its not fun however.

The latest posts I saw seem to say it was OK, but they also mentioned a first and a business section, and I don't think LX has 3 classes on its ORD flights right now, though I understand this will change later this year.

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.