FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Chicago T5 LX Lounge Options? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/493369-chicago-t5-lx-lounge-options.html)

frankz Mar 4, 05 4:45 pm

Swiss-Lounge in Chicago?

Hi,

I just got an milage-upgrade for my flight from Chicago to Zurich (March 14).
After visiting the Swiss-Page, I saw that there is no Lounge in Chicago. Is that possible?

That would be bad, because the last time at the JFK Lounge was great!

So, i hope, anybody of you has been in a Swiss-lounge in Chicago :-)

Thanks for your answer!

Greets from sunny Florida,
Frank

dz108 Mar 4, 05 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by frankz
Hi,

I just got an milage-upgrade for my flight from Chicago to Zurich (March 14).
After visiting the Swiss-Page, I saw that there is no Lounge in Chicago. Is that possible?

That would be bad, because the last time at the JFK Lounge was great!

So, i hope, anybody of you has been in a Swiss-lounge in Chicago :-)

Thanks for your answer!

Greets from sunny Florida,
Frank

IMHO Swiss has no lounge in Chicago Ohare; when there, I always use AA Admirals club, sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't- I found no pattern yet ;-)

If the reception girls are giving you a hard time... try to sweet talk them :p

airoli Mar 4, 05 5:17 pm

LX does ( or did when I last checked) run its own, fairly nice lounge in ORD's international terminal. It can get crowded right before the flight, but is otherwise okay.

dz108 Mar 4, 05 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
LX does ( or did when I last checked) run its own, fairly nice lounge in ORD's international terminal. It can get crowded right before the flight, but is otherwise okay.

Then I stand corrected...

Come to think of it...I usualy arrive at Chicago, and go to the AA lounge @ the domestic terminal (3) for my connecting flight. I never had the chance to fly out of Chicago, always thru LAX, JFK or BOS.

Non-NonRev Mar 5, 05 7:15 pm

There was one as of a year ago - pretty much straight ahead after you clear security, near Gate M12 (or was it M10)?

As you enter, you go to the right of the front desk for the Business Class section, or to the left for the First Class section.

The J side was small and crowded. There's also a glassed-in room out by the desk that is less crowded. Nice snacks and beverages.

hurlimann Nov 15, 05 5:51 am

Chicago T5 LX Lounge Options?

Will be flying ORD-ZRH business class in a few weeks, for the first time, and I'm wondering about the lounge in ORD. I have a 90 minute layover there- will have arrived on AA from MSP. Will I have time to visit the lounge and is it worth it anyway? It'll be a Friday night after a long week...

Thanks for the advice and info

hurlimann

airoli Nov 15, 05 6:16 am

LX runs its own lounge in T5 at O'Hare, and it is quite nice, albeit a bit small. Last time I was there they still had the lovely Nespresso machine, which makes for much better stuff than what they serve in ZRH...
With a 90 min layover, you probably won't have too much time anyway considering that you'll have to change terminals and re-clear security.

spirit of swiss Nov 15, 05 11:19 am

Originally Posted by airoli
LX runs its own lounge in T5 at O'Hare, and it is quite nice, albeit a bit small. Last time I was there they still had the lovely Nespresso machine, which makes for much better stuff than what they serve in ZRH...
With a 90 min layover, you probably won't have too much time anyway considering that you'll have to change terminals and re-clear security.

thats right, the nespresso machine is always a pleasure being in Swiss Lounge ORD, but there is nothing special in C or F class to do, it is okay to be there 30 mins before depature, check the opening hours!

hilton-gold Nov 20, 05 11:24 am

Are there separate Business and First sections of the ORD lounge?

micro Nov 22, 05 4:07 pm

There are seperate C and F sections at the ORD lounge. The F lounge is nothing special and quite small, but as there aren't many F pax it's ok to relax.

everton_flyer Oct 9, 07 10:02 am

LX Lounge in Chicago

Did a search but the latest info was from 2005. Wanted to get some input on the Swiss Lounge. I usually fly AA but am on Swiss business to ZRH this Friday. How is the lounge? Is it worth getting there a few hours before the flight. I typically like to get to the airport and relax, read a newspaper, watch TV and have a few drinks. Some lounges are so small and badly serviced its not fun however.

The latest posts I saw seem to say it was OK, but they also mentioned a first and a business section, and I don't think LX has 3 classes on its ORD flights right now, though I understand this will change later this year.

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

airoli Oct 9, 07 10:25 am

Lounge is small, but has some decent snacks. It gets very full before the LX flight. When I was last there (May), the newspaper selection was minimal. WLAN throught T-Mobile at a charge.

Would not get there earlier just for the lounge.

blue-sky Oct 9, 07 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 8533049)
Lounge is small, but has some decent snacks. It gets very full before the LX flight. When I was last there (May), the newspaper selection was minimal. WLAN throught T-Mobile at a charge.

Would not get there earlier just for the lounge.

I second that, don't go there earlier just for the lounge! My last visit to the ORD lounge was in Mid-August and it was extremly crowded and noisy. The newspaper section was very disappointing but the drink and snack offer had improved since my last visit a few months earlier this year.

sebastian746 Oct 12, 07 4:52 am

I was just there a week ago.
coming very early from a connection, I had to wait until check-in opens at 2.30p only, so beware. also at that time the security lines are massive, much better later before the LX flight, said the lounge warden and i saw myself.

LX lounge small, but ok. nice staff and some good sandwiches. decent drinks.

if you are *G, you may want to try the SK lounge. free wifi, and roomier. plus a smokers room if you care.

oliver2002 Oct 12, 07 12:37 pm

The LX/Swissport lounge is dated and nothing to write home about. Skip it and go directly to the SAS lounge near M15. Mucho better.!