Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I flew TK out of ORD a few weeks ago, and surprised they don't use a * lounge, but use the Swissport lounge in T5. TK departs late, I think 9:30p or so, so I know Swiss lounge is closed by then ;I think 7:30), but surprised they didn't use the SAS lounge, who also has a flight after 9p. Not sure who OZ uses,
Note if you are flying TK you can use the SAS lounge as well.

2 weeks ago I was in the SAS lounge and it was a mixture of pax for Istanbul and zurich flights. The SAS lounge is better than the Swiss lounge and has a nice view of the runway. It is also NOT a priority pass lounge (Swiss is) so is usually a lot less crowded. LOT also does not use a STAR lounge at T5 ORD- not sure why.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:06 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I don't think that the Swiss Lounge is going to be much use for you if your flight leaves at 12 from ORD T5.

In May 2011 the hours were as follows:

The SAS Lounge closed at 9:30 PM on Thursday nights (open until midnight on Friday and Saturdays due to flight timings)

The Swiss Lounge was only open between 2 PM – 5 PM (timed with LX flights)

TK business class / first passengers used the contract Swissport.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:48 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No showers in T5 lounges.
the *A lounge finder says the swiss lounge has showers -- is it too much to hope that they added one in the past year?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:39 pm

Can anybody tell me wether Swiss moved to the new lounge in T5 or are they still using the old crappy one across from security?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fendant
Can anybody tell me wether Swiss moved to the new lounge in T5 or are they still using the old crappy one across from security?
Doesn't look as if it has moved according to the ORD terminal map but these blog posts suggest the First Class section at least went through some facelift. I can confirm in a few weeks.

August 2009
December 2011
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the end of February they were still using the lounge directly across from security.

I personally prefer the SAS lounge although it is a bit busy as there are also passengers for the CPH and IST departures there at the same time.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Does anyone have information on the hours of the LX or SK lounges in Terminal 5? I have a long connection next Saturday and departing on LX2609 @14:50. Everything I've seen on the lounge hours for LX says it is only open in the evening for the LX9 flight.

Open to either lounge, will be arriving in T2 in the morning so could hang around in the UC, but would prefer a better lounge close to my gate.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Does anyone have information on the hours of the LX or SK lounges in Terminal 5? I have a long connection next Saturday and departing on LX2609 @14:50. Everything I've seen on the lounge hours for LX says it is only open in the evening for the LX9 flight.
Don't worry the LX lounge will be open for the LX early after noon flight. On these days the lounge opens at 12.30pm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Don't worry the LX lounge will be open for the LX early after noon flight. On these days the lounge opens at 12.30pm
It is quite busy as well as they share it with CX at this time.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Thanks. Will hang out in T2 for a while until noon and then head over. Guessing the SK lounge is not an options at all.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
So Swiss seem to suck more and more. I am FTL and the only reason why I chose Swiss over LH flight from ORD is because Swiss has its own lounge at ORD. Well, today I was quite surprised as a lady at the front desk denied me entry in a very rude way. Normally I would not care but I had a bunch of e-mails to respond to so I needed to sit down and chill out. Thus, I pulled out my phone went to Swiss web-page and showed there that she is wrong and I do have access to the lounge as a FTL.

In the end I am sitting in a lounge but that was quite a humiliating experience. Anyone else with similar stories? Swiss employees should learn what is at their own web-page.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by outgoing
So Swiss seem to suck more and more. I am FTL and the only reason why I chose Swiss over LH flight from ORD is because Swiss has its own lounge at ORD. Well, today I was quite surprised as a lady at the front desk denied me entry in a very rude way. Normally I would not care but I had a bunch of e-mails to respond to so I needed to sit down and chill out. Thus, I pulled out my phone went to Swiss web-page and showed there that she is wrong and I do have access to the lounge as a FTL.

In the end I am sitting in a lounge but that was quite a humiliating experience. Anyone else with similar stories? Swiss employees should learn what is at their own web-page.
Well done! Annoying, how those lounge dragons can be...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
ORD SWISS Lounge Hours?

What are the hours of the Swiss lounge at ORD? I'm a *G departing on a 10p departure for IST in Y and am hoping to find a lounge to spend some of my layover in. Would rather not do that in a United Club and then transit terminals but not sure what T5 options are from 5p - 10p for a *G.

Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:13 am

at 5 pm Terminal 5 is a zoo! Long wait lines, grumpy staff and no facilities except the lounge behind security. Are you flying TK to IST ?

As far as I recall the LX lounge closes after the last LX departure to Zurich at 7pm.

Don't know which lounge TK is using ( assuming you are flying TK to IST )
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
at 5 pm Terminal 5 is a zoo! Long wait lines, grumpy staff and no facilities except the lounge behind security.
Thanks. When does T5 calm down?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.