Chicago T5 LX Lounge Options?

Old Aug 15, 08, 2:38 am

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
You must leave security to transfer from Terminal 1 (united) to Terminal 5 (international).
Old Aug 15, 08, 5:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mbmiles88 View Post
Similar question.... I am a *GLD and will be going through Chicago on a domestic flight with UA. Can I get to the International terminal to use the LX lounge without leaving the secure area?
No access to T5 unless you a have a BP for T5. You'll have to settle for the UA RCC in T1 which allow *G access.
Old Aug 23, 08, 3:05 pm

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The SK lounge is modern and light. The LX lounge (F and C) is plain old. There are plans to rennovate it.
I am in the F section of the lounge right now. It is worse than the worst expectations. the Business side is not separated enough and I can hear a bunch of italians flying AirOne to MXP screaming in their mobiles. The choice of beverage and food is very limited.

This is combined with terminal 5 at ORD offering almost non existent shopping and amenities.
Old Aug 24, 08, 3:02 am
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SwissHON View Post
I am in the F section of the lounge right now. It is worse than the worst expectations. the Business side is not separated enough and I can hear a bunch of italians flying AirOne to MXP screaming in their mobiles. The choice of beverage and food is very limited.

This is combined with terminal 5 at ORD offering almost non existent shopping and amenities.
Yes, I agree. I had the same experience a couple of weeks back - surprisingly poor for LX, IMO. I have never seen such spartan food/drinks in a F lounge! A very small space too. Though all three of the lounges I visited in ORD T5 were small/disappointing.
Old Aug 24, 08, 4:32 am

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Yes, I agree. I had the same experience a couple of weeks back - surprisingly poor for LX, IMO. I have never seen such spartan food/drinks in a F lounge! A very small space too. Though all three of the lounges I visited in ORD T5 were small/disappointing.
to make things worse, Airone was 4 hours late (no surprise, right!) and their passengers invaded the tiny F section as there were more people than seats in the C area. I remain locked like a prisoner in the small quiet room, which is at most 10 square meter in size.

now I am in the F lounge in ZHR waiting for the MXP connection and it is a totally different world!
Old Aug 25, 08, 8:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SwissHON View Post
Why didn't you go to the SK lounge
Old Sep 1, 08, 5:50 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Am sitting in the SK lounge at ORD right now. 1,000% improvement over the microscopic LX lounge. Quieter, larger, more windows, with a good view, better drink options, nice snacks ...
Old Oct 3, 08, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
What are the food/drink options in the ORD LX lounge...is it better than remaining in the Red Carpet Club after arriving from a connection? Is there free wifi in the LX lounge? How far is it from the bmi gate? I will be accessing the LX lounge on a Priority Pass card, and I think this is the only option in that terminal.
Old Oct 24, 08, 3:25 pm

SWISS F Lounge at ORD

Are there experiences with th SWISS First lounge?
Old Oct 24, 08, 3:44 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Perhaps the LX subforum of the LH forum would be a better place to ask?
Old Oct 24, 08, 4:26 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Liebi View Post
Are there experiences with th SWISS First lounge?
Welcome to FT, Liebi !!

Can a moderator please move this question to the LX subforum. Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 08, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by szg View Post
Welcome to FT, Liebi !!

Can a moderator please move this question to the LX subforum. Thanks.
My pleasure...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 24, 08, 6:11 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Hi Liebi
Welcome to Flyertalk! The LX lounge in ORD is nothing special unfortunately. You can't compare it to what you are used to in ZRH.
The LX lounge is divided into a C and F section. The advantage of the F section seems to be the space. The C section tends to get very crowded and the food and beverage options is noting special. Last time I had a hard time to find an empty seat in there.
I haven't visited the F lounge yet, but AFAIK pax can find at least an empty seat in there whereas the food and beverage options are mediocre as well.
The gate to the LX flight is normally very close to the lounge.
Old Oct 24, 08, 10:23 pm

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Found some pictures here.
Old Oct 26, 08, 6:37 am

Smile

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
Hi Liebi
Welcome to Flyertalk! The LX lounge in ORD is nothing special unfortunately. You can't compare it to what you are used to in ZRH.
The LX lounge is divided into a C and F section. The advantage of the F section seems to be the space. The C section tends to get very crowded and the food and beverage options is noting special. Last time I had a hard time to find an empty seat in there.
I haven't visited the F lounge yet, but AFAIK pax can find at least an empty seat in there whereas the food and beverage options are mediocre as well.
The gate to the LX flight is normally very close to the lounge.
Thank you very much!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: