FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/493369-chicago-ohare-ord-t5-swiss-lx-lounge-options.html)

Viennafly Nov 20, 2016 7:30 am

Originally Posted by alphaklg (Post 27503614)
Hi dear travellers,

Anyone could give me a feedback about the Swiss lounge in Chicago?

Thanks.

The post above, even though many months old, describes the situation still correctly. My last visit was end of July 2016. Small lounge, typically very crowded, very limited food offers of low quality, basic drink offers (soft drinks, 1-2 bottled beers, 1 or 2 different white+red wines, few cheap spirits). But it is only a short walk from the lounge to the departure gate.

DTS Nov 24, 2016 11:22 am

Yeah, only real advantage over the gate area is that the lounge is cleaner and the seating is a bit more comfortable. Beverage and food options suck. I usually only grab a few olives.

Whoever is responsible for the new biz lounge, at ZRH in the E gate area, should be in charge of a makeover of the ORD lounge

omghaxcode Mar 5, 2018 8:27 pm

Swiss F lounge in ORD when flying ANA F

My parents are flying ANA F ORD-NRT on Wednesday. They have an early flight and want to get lounge breakfast. I've seen conflicting information about the Swiss F lounge in ORD T5. The Star Alliance website says they have access but loungebuddy says it is reserved for Swiss F customers only. Can they enter this lounge? Is their a better lounge for breakfast for *A F in T5?

TY

Gobus Mar 5, 2018 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by omghaxcode (Post 29490348)
My parents are flying ANA F ORD-NRT on Wednesday. They have an early flight and want to get lounge breakfast. I've seen conflicting information about the Swiss F lounge in ORD T5. The Star Alliance website says they have access but loungebuddy says it is reserved for Swiss F customers only. Can they enter this lounge? Is their a better lounge for breakfast for *A F in T5?

TY

I haven't been but United has a fancy Polaris lounge they opened at ORD. They should have access if they're flying in F. (I'm looking forward to visiting in May.)

oliver2002 Mar 6, 2018 6:19 am

ANA departs from T2 in ORD, so F pax are supposed to use the UA Polaris lounge... : https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...etail/ord.html

The LX F lounge is in T5, which would be mighty inconvinient to use (although possible) for a morning departure from T1.

omghaxcode Mar 6, 2018 10:10 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 29491411)
ANA departs from T2 in ORD, so F pax are supposed to use the UA Polaris lounge... : https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...etail/ord.html

The LX F lounge is in T5, which would be mighty inconvinient to use (although possible) for a morning departure from T1.

Oh.. wow. I actually thought all international traffic is T5 at ORD. I've never not flown T5 while going international and I grew up in Chicago haha. Thanks

Kacee Mar 6, 2018 10:33 am

Originally Posted by omghaxcode (Post 29492270)
Oh.. wow. I actually thought all international traffic is T5 at ORD. I've never not flown T5 while going international and I grew up in Chicago haha. Thanks

NH and LH both fly out of T2 (along with most of UA's international departures).

Polaris lounge definitely the best option.

roberto99 Mar 7, 2018 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29492371)
NH and LH both fly out of T2 (along with most of UA's international departures).

Polaris lounge definitely the best option.

Actually NH and LH depart from ORD Terminal 1.

BrewerSEA May 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Arriving LH F FRA-ORD, long layover, followed by a separate ticket on a non-star airline. Would I have access to the LX F lounge in ORD T5?

I know LH would allow access to their own FCL in an equivalent circumstance. I assume no access to the Polaris lounge in T1 LH uses for departing F pax due to UA rules.

I know this would require clearing TSA twice.

vantage03 May 21, 2018 3:14 am

Can’t answer about LX F lounge access (although I’d assume it’s allowed but isn’t something worth doing), you definitely won’t have Polaris lounge access due to UA rules - even though the lovely LX ORD ground staff team seem to think you do.

18wheeler_vanrekt Oct 13, 2020 12:16 am

ORD Departure? Lounge Access in Terminal 5?

Hi all, I'm considering flying SWISS Business Class departing from Chicago in the near future. I noticed that Swiss hasn't repoened their Chicago lounge, and it seems like the other Star Alliance option of the SAS lounge is also closed. Is any lounge accessible to Swiss passengers in premium cabins at the moment?

YYCCL3 Oct 13, 2020 12:22 am

It was 2 month ago that I was on ORD-ZRH, but the only lounge open in T5 was the SkyTeam lounge. Priority Pass or some other access needed to get in. I only stayed for a quick drink, instead, walked around the terminal to stretch my legs before enjoying the nice onboard service in an empty J cabin.

oliver2002 Jun 4, 2021 2:03 am

LX's lounge complex in T5 will not reopen, they have returned the property to the airport and will make arrangements with a contract lounge.

ISTFlyer Jun 4, 2021 7:51 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 33302310)
LX's lounge complex in T5 will not reopen, they have returned the property to the airport and will make arrangements with a contract lounge.

Sad news, although, I am surprised that they would make arrangements with a contract lounge rather than using the SAS Lounge at ORD. Maybe that would close as well.

TPJ Jun 4, 2021 8:06 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 33302310)

OMG - hopefully not with this terrible, windowless Swissport lounge....