Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:48 am
  #106  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by Fendant
Don't know which lounge TK is using ( assuming you are flying TK to IST )
TK uses the SAS lounge which is quite nice.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:53 am
  #107  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AMS
Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Posts: 840
Chicago Lounge Options?

Used the LX lounge recently and it was a nice quiet place in the horrible T5 terminal. Great food and drinks.
FlyinDutchman is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:37 am
  #108  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DUS
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 764
LX Lounge in ORD

LX website says, there is a Swiss lounge in Chicago. Does it has a first class section and how is it?
shipsmail is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:40 am
  #109  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DCA or IAD (originally DUB)
Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Posts: 7,657
Originally Posted by shipsmail
LX website says, there is a Swiss lounge in Chicago. Does it has a first class section and how is it?
"ORD lounge" = this thread
UAPremExecflyer is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:57 am
  #110  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 29,510
Does anyone know the current opening times of this lounge? In an earlier post it was reported that the lounge would open at 12.30pm for the early afternoon LX flight but does it stay open at least until the departure time of LX9 at 19.25?
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:58 am
  #111  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Does anyone know the current opening times of this lounge? In an earlier post it was reported that the lounge would open at 12.30pm for the early afternoon LX flight but does it stay open at least until the departure time of LX9 at 19.25?
I have been there for the afternoon departure and the lounge is open and it is definitely open even past the departure of LX9 as I think also a few other airlines use this lounge (for example CX).
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:16 am
  #112  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Programs: UA 1P
Posts: 88
Chicago Lounge Options?

Newbie - it is indeed open through LX 9 departure time. Don't know whether it stays open later. If you are coming to Chicago, I hope you enjoy our city!
ORDinary guy is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:53 am
  #113  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 214
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have been there for the afternoon departure and the lounge is open and it is definitely open even past the departure of LX9 as I think also a few other airlines use this lounge (for example CX).
Is the lounge for any Swiss passenger or just FC passengers?

Thanks.

Melanie
Melmgmel is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:35 am
  #114  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 29,510
Originally Posted by Melmgmel
Is the lounge for any Swiss passenger or just FC passengers?
There is a Swiss lounge for First and Business class passengers as well as Star Gold and M&M's Silver status (FTL) passengers. I don't think it's possible to pay to enter the Swiss lounge but the Air France lounge in T5 appears to be a Priority Pass lounge.
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:48 am
  #115  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DUS
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 764
Here is an update: lounge opens at 11:30 a.m. at least on days, when the LX 2609 is operated.
Lounge is an excellent one. Nice F section. Selection of wines is limited, no champagner, just Freixenet. Hot main course not available before the LX2609, just later before LX9.
Very friendly people.
So much better than the UA Int. First Lounge, I used before a LH departure once.

Last edited by shipsmail; Aug 1, 2013 at 12:45 pm
shipsmail is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:26 pm
  #116  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 29,510
Originally Posted by shipsmail
Here is an update: lounge opens at 11:30 a.m. at least on days, when the LX 2609 is operated.
Lounge is an excellent one. Nice F section. Selection of wines is limited, no champagner, just Freixenet. Hot main course not available before the LX2609, just later before LX9.
Very friendly people.
So much better than the UA Int. First Lounge, I used before a LH departure once.
Thanks for the update. I'll have a longer layover than I would have liked in ORD coming up but it will be on a day when LX2609 is operated so I can spend most of the afternoon in the lounge - in the F section fortunately. Last time I was there I didn't even notice there was a menu for hot dishes and left the lounge too early to be escorted to the gate. I'll try and do better this time.
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:07 am
  #117  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks for the update. I'll have a longer layover than I would have liked in ORD coming up but it will be on a day when LX2609 is operated so I can spend most of the afternoon in the lounge - in the F section fortunately. Last time I was there I didn't even notice there was a menu for hot dishes and left the lounge too early to be escorted to the gate. I'll try and do better this time.
Alternatively- if you want to pass a few hours you can walk over to the Hilton- they have quite a good restaurant actually and a good gym.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:10 am
  #118  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 29,510
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Alternatively- if you want to pass a few hours you can walk over to the Hilton- they have quite a good restaurant actually and a good gym.
Yes, that would be an alternative especially if I want to have a shower.

Do you know if the LX lounge has free wifi?
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:17 am
  #119  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, that would be an alternative especially if I want to have a shower.

Do you know if the LX lounge has free wifi?
Yes the LX lounge has free wifi: The lounge attendants give you a little of paper at checkin with the access code.

If you want to have a shower the Hilton is one of the few options- depending on how long exactly your layover is you could also check into booking an airport hotel such as the IC or even the Embassy Suites or Doubletree- one of the hotels in Rosewood (there is also an aLoft) in the area near the convention centre that is somewhat walkable and has a decent steakhouse. I find sometimes there are rates as low as $99 which makes it not too bad- alternatively just head into town and spend a few hours there.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:56 am
  #120  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 29,510
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Yes the LX lounge has free wifi: The lounge attendants give you a little of paper at checkin with the access code.

If you want to have a shower the Hilton is one of the few options- depending on how long exactly your layover is you could also check into booking an airport hotel such as the IC or even the Embassy Suites or Doubletree- one of the hotels in Rosewood (there is also an aLoft) in the area near the convention centre that is somewhat walkable and has a decent steakhouse. I find sometimes there are rates as low as $99 which makes it not too bad- alternatively just head into town and spend a few hours there.
Thanks. I must have used wifi last time I was there but couldn't remember how it worked.

The layover is actually a little over 4.5 hours and may not be long enough to head into town. I was thinking of a day pass for the Hilton gym which allows you to use a shower. The Hilton lobby with free wifi is not a bad place either to spend some time over a coffee if I decide 4.5 hours in the small LX FCL is too long.
NewbieRunner is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.