Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:21 am
  #31  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 47,826
The SK lounge is modern and light. The LX lounge (F and C) is plain old. There are plans to rennovate it.
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Aug 9, 2008, 9:26 am
  #32  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket
Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat.
Posts: 5,257
Originally Posted by tcswede
You will not find the setup of JFK with buffet warm and cold foods in ORD - and the security is before the lounge - and we were not offered any assistance by LX staff to get through the same.

Cheers

Thomas
Well, I have just completed a trip in F from ORD-ZRH and then to LHR in J and have some updates and some good news! Upon check-in at the F desk at T5 ORD, we were asked if we would like to be escorted thru security and to the Swiss F lounge - we said yes . We were then taken to the front of the passport-check line and attended to straight away . Then through the First/Business x-ray/security line. The agent then took us into the F lounge. Great service! When the flight was ready to board all of the F pax in the lounge were escorted to the gate and priority boarded. Excellent service once again. At ZRH we transited in the F lounge and when ready to board we were escorted through a priority x-ray line and shown to the gate. Why can't all airlines (BA, especially, take note!) treat premium pax this well?!

To top it all off we had absolutely stellar service, especially in F from ORD ^^

Kudos to Swiss!

Cannot wait for our next trip to BKK (Swiss F again) next month!

p.s. the only negative was the actual F lounge at ORD - tiny room and poor snacks etc plus really poor alcohol selection We visited the SAS lounge which was nicer but had equally poor snacks - instead we used the BA lounges (BAEC Gold card benefit) which had much better food & beverage. Credit where it is due ^
NoY is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:15 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Posts: 4,786
Originally Posted by NoY
Well, I have just completed a trip in F from ORD-ZRH and then to LHR in J and have some updates and some good news! Upon check-in at the F desk at T5 ORD, we were asked if we would like to be escorted thru security and to the Swiss F lounge - we said yes . We were then taken to the front of the passport-check line and attended to straight away . Then through the First/Business x-ray/security line. The agent then took us into the F lounge. Great service! When the flight was ready to board all of the F pax in the lounge were escorted to the gate and priority boarded. Excellent service once again. At ZRH we transited in the F lounge and when ready to board we were escorted through a priority x-ray line and shown to the gate. Why can't all airlines (BA, especially, take note!) treat premium pax this well?!
I've witnessed LX doing this at more and more outstations. To me, it makes more of a difference than lounge quality (though agreed, at ORD this could be better). Anyone had any experience of this at LAX? ORD is generally efficient, but this kind of benefit at LAX would be super.
virtualtroy is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:13 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TPA
Posts: 334
Similar question.... I am a *GLD and will be going through Chicago on a domestic flight with UA. Can I get to the International terminal to use the LX lounge without leaving the secure area?
mbmiles88 is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:38 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: EWR, ORD, IAH, LGA
Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Posts: 506
You must leave security to transfer from Terminal 1 (united) to Terminal 5 (international).
benolaa is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:59 am
  #36  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 47,826
Originally Posted by mbmiles88
Similar question.... I am a *GLD and will be going through Chicago on a domestic flight with UA. Can I get to the International terminal to use the LX lounge without leaving the secure area?
No access to T5 unless you a have a BP for T5. You'll have to settle for the UA RCC in T1 which allow *G access.
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Aug 23, 2008, 3:05 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Switzerland
Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The SK lounge is modern and light. The LX lounge (F and C) is plain old. There are plans to rennovate it.
I am in the F section of the lounge right now. It is worse than the worst expectations. the Business side is not separated enough and I can hear a bunch of italians flying AirOne to MXP screaming in their mobiles. The choice of beverage and food is very limited.

This is combined with terminal 5 at ORD offering almost non existent shopping and amenities.
SwissHON is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2008, 3:02 am
  #38  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket
Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat.
Posts: 5,257
Originally Posted by SwissHON
I am in the F section of the lounge right now. It is worse than the worst expectations. the Business side is not separated enough and I can hear a bunch of italians flying AirOne to MXP screaming in their mobiles. The choice of beverage and food is very limited.

This is combined with terminal 5 at ORD offering almost non existent shopping and amenities.
Yes, I agree. I had the same experience a couple of weeks back - surprisingly poor for LX, IMO. I have never seen such spartan food/drinks in a F lounge! A very small space too. Though all three of the lounges I visited in ORD T5 were small/disappointing.
NoY is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2008, 4:32 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Switzerland
Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by NoY
Yes, I agree. I had the same experience a couple of weeks back - surprisingly poor for LX, IMO. I have never seen such spartan food/drinks in a F lounge! A very small space too. Though all three of the lounges I visited in ORD T5 were small/disappointing.
to make things worse, Airone was 4 hours late (no surprise, right!) and their passengers invaded the tiny F section as there were more people than seats in the C area. I remain locked like a prisoner in the small quiet room, which is at most 10 square meter in size.

now I am in the F lounge in ZHR waiting for the MXP connection and it is a totally different world!
SwissHON is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:35 am
  #40  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 47,826
Originally Posted by SwissHON
This is combined with terminal 5 at ORD offering almost non existent shopping and amenities.
Why didn't you go to the SK lounge
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Sep 1, 2008, 5:50 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Posts: 1,757
Am sitting in the SK lounge at ORD right now. 1,000% improvement over the microscopic LX lounge. Quieter, larger, more windows, with a good view, better drink options, nice snacks ...
Derek is offline  
Old Oct 3, 2008, 6:45 pm
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 11,901
What are the food/drink options in the ORD LX lounge...is it better than remaining in the Red Carpet Club after arriving from a connection? Is there free wifi in the LX lounge? How far is it from the bmi gate? I will be accessing the LX lounge on a Priority Pass card, and I think this is the only option in that terminal.
SkyTeam777 is offline  
Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:25 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3
SWISS F Lounge at ORD

Are there experiences with th SWISS First lounge?
Liebi is offline  
Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:44 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SJC/SFO/OAK
Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,107
Perhaps the LX subforum of the LH forum would be a better place to ask?
cstead is offline  
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:26 pm
  #45  
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SZG, Austria
Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Posts: 33,194
Originally Posted by Liebi
Are there experiences with th SWISS First lounge?
Welcome to FT, Liebi !!

Can a moderator please move this question to the LX subforum. Thanks.
szg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.