Community
Wiki Posts
Search

another weight reduction for economy passengers ...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
another reduction of free luggage for economy passengers

as lx announced in their corporate newsletter: the maximum weight of checked luggage to the united states is reduced to 23kg per piece in economy (before it was 32kg per piece) starting november 1st. see here
for each piece of baggage that exceeds the 23kg limit and weighs between 23kg and 32kg a charge of 25US$ applies.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Nov 2, 2005 at 2:07 pm
Old Nov 1, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
At first glance, given this thread title, I was extremely pleased: I rejoiced on the thought that all this flying in Y at least now had a slimming effect on my waistline...
Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:05 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
likewise

I was really thinking of a new slim line program started by Swiss to gain more customers
Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
as lx announced in their corporate newsletter: the maximum weight of checked luggage to the united states is reduced to 23kg per piece in economy (before it was 32kg per piece) starting november 1st. see here
for each piece of baggage that exceeds the 23kg limit and weighs between 23kg and 32kg a charge of 25US$ applies.

Please be aware all of us who already issued the tickets before 01.11. that they still have the right to have the old weight limit albeit airlines may refuse!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bchl
likewise

I was really thinking of a new slim line program started by Swiss to gain more customers
o.k. i changed the subject of the thread :-) from "another weight reduction for economy passengers ... " to "another reduction in weight limits for economy passengers" :-)

but that kind of slim-line-program would be very nice and could be accomplished very easily - no more inflight food and drinks except pure water :-)
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:15 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
no more inflight food and drinks except pure water :-)
Sorry to be ironic - but wasn't that called Swiss in Europe?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:17 am

so with the new title you imply that anyone in Y class may not weigh more than 23kg - lol )
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by micro
so with the new title you imply that anyone in Y class may not weigh more than 23kg - lol )
oh, i am soooo lost in translation

let me put it that way "another reduction of free luggage for economy passengers" - wondering what you read out of that formulation

cheers
CHris aka f0zzyNUE aka master of misinterpretation

p.s. my changed thrad-titles don't even make it into the thread-listview
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:24 pm

New title interpretation: Instead of 2 luggages every economy class passenger will only get 1 free luggage with the purchase of a ticket. Please note delivery of your free luggage may take up to 4 weeks and in some cases may arrive after your trip.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:31 pm

A failsave title would be:

An other "Reduction of Baggage allowance" for economy class passengers

Last edited by micro; Nov 2, 2005 at 2:31 pm Reason: can't spell
Old Nov 2, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Key8
- but wasn't that called Swiss in Europe?
No you didn't get water...why should they, dehydration is a substantial weight saver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.