New Mileage Promo

Old Sep 15, 05, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, LHW, Shangri-La.
Smile New Mileage Promo & another early bookers promo

A new absolutely fantastic mileage promo just arrived in todays mail:

[Quote]
Mit unserer Aktion Europa erhalten sie 2000 zusätzliche Bonusmeilen, wenn Sie 2 mal in Europa hin und zurück vom 1. Oktober bis 15. Dezember mit SWISS oder Lufthansa fliegen.
[Unqote]

Translation:
You get 2'000 Bonusmiles for two return trips on LX or LH within Europe between Oct 1st and Dec 15th.

Really unfair that this is a targeted promotion because I'm sure everybody would want to jump to such an offer right away.

Yes, you can of course see it as a big 50% Bonus to the standard 4000 Miles you get in Y, but this "just ain't good enough".

Just for the record: Remember the earlybookers promo this spring? It gave you 40'000 Bonusmiles for 2 return trips in Europe or 20 times as much bonus and it wasn't even targetted.

At least we can keep on dreaming of the good old STC times, which really seem to be over already.

@LH: Try a bit harder. (Please)

Update Sep 17:

Well, thank you, that was quick!

Another early bookers promo!

...you see, just asking politely gets you the promo you want. - We should do that more often, I think.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Sep 17, 05 at 3:00 am
Old Sep 16, 05, 1:12 am
mbr

Programs: LX HON, SK Diamond, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
I got the same targetted promotion, but I have to fly 3 times to get 3000 Miles. A poor promotion IMHO compared with the Business/First Promo and the targetted "segments Promo" from Summer. These two Promos gave me a total of 340'000 Miles. Now I can earn 3000.
Old Sep 16, 05, 3:22 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
My Mother (STGM) also got it yesterday per email , but she was offered 4.000 miles for two return flights... Well, and the same question as always : Why didn't I get it too?

Anyhow, a very "interesting" and tempting offer
Old Sep 16, 05, 3:40 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

and I will get 7000 miles... for three European roundtrips in biz... (this means 1166,67 bonus miles per C-Class-segment).

No, I will not make a mileage run...

Patrick
Old Sep 16, 05, 4:23 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
You get 2'000 Bonusmiles for two return trips on LX or LH within Europe between Oct 1st and Dec 15th.
I got the very same offer. I'm not impressed either and I'm certainly not going to do a MR over this... but, given the fact that I'm quite likely to do 2 intra-EU roundtrips during these 2.5 months anyway, I still appreciate the additional miles.

Just for the record: Remember the earlybookers promo this spring? It gave you 40'000 Bonusmiles for 2 return trips in Europe or 20 times as much bonus and it wasn't even targetted.
Sure, but you can't seriously expect an airline to come up with such a generous promo every few months.

At least we can keep on dreaming of the good old STC times, which really seem to be over already.
Not yet. If I do two weekend specials this fall, I'll get 6000 miles. I fear that the same will give me a measly 500 in a few months.
Old Sep 16, 05, 4:24 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Circle promo slightly different !

This is what I got ...

With our Collecting promotion, you will receive 30000 additional Bonus Miles, if you make 3 intercontinental return flights between 1 October and 15 December 2005 in first or business class with SWISS or Lufthansa.

Sounds a little better doesn't it ?
Old Sep 16, 05, 5:22 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Originally Posted by asimha
With our Collecting promotion, you will receive 30000 additional Bonus Miles, if you make 3 intercontinental return flights between 1 October and 15 December 2005 in first or business class with SWISS or Lufthansa. Sounds a little better doesn't it ?
Well, sounds a lot better

However, as a Circle-member you have deserved it...it's a goodbye present from STC as LH only matches you as SEN
Old Sep 16, 05, 6:42 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Yep - that's life!
Old Sep 16, 05, 6:56 am

Programs: Miles & More Senator, CX Marco Polo Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by rorschi
...I will get 7000 miles... for three European roundtrips in biz... (this means 1166,67 bonus miles per C-Class-segment).
I got this too. Not really worth it for just 7000 miles unless you live near Brussels and do the cheap BRU-ZRH-STR run for 325 euros (inc taxes). I've done it before but it's a bit of a hassle as I need to get to BRU first from DUB.
Old Sep 16, 05, 8:43 am

Programs: MMSen, HHonorsGold, Starwood Platinum
seems my wife has the best offer - she get 7000 miles for two trips.
And me they dont want to fly: they want give me 4000 miles for flying 5!!!!!! times
Seems as a gold member i am not worth for good promotion

Peter
Old Sep 16, 05, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by fratboy
I got this too. Not really worth it for just 7000 miles unless you live near Brussels and do the cheap BRU-ZRH-STR run for 325 euros (inc taxes). I've done it before but it's a bit of a hassle as I need to get to BRU first from DUB.
Hello,

I guess you have to fly BRU-ZRH-STR and back three times. If I unterstand correctly, the number of trips is relevant and not the number of segments.

Patrick
Old Sep 16, 05, 10:24 am

Programs: Miles & More Senator, CX Marco Polo Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by rorschi
I guess you have to fly BRU-ZRH-STR and back three times. If I understand correctly, the number of trips is relevant and not the number of segments.
Yes, that's what I meant ie. three roundtrips.
Old Sep 16, 05, 12:00 pm

Hello,

a friend of me, who has a basic STC-membership, received a better offer: 3000 bonus miles for one round-trip... (in any class).

Patrick
Old Sep 16, 05, 1:48 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
i got 7000 for two return trips any class on lh or lx

mother got 3000 for one
Old Sep 16, 05, 3:54 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Unhappy

and i didnot get any promotion invitation (yet)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: