STC will be terminated in 2Q 2006

Old Oct 7, 05, 11:13 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
The Sunday papers here in CH are going to hate Swiss for publishing this on Friday instead of Monday... there goes their story!
Originally Posted by asimha
Swiss TravelClub members can continue to collect and spend their Swiss TravelClub miles until March 31, 2006.
@:-) So collecting STC miles (on cheap fares) will be possible for longer than until the end of this year. Good!
Old Oct 7, 05, 11:38 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
You are so right airoli

The downloadable PDF brochure also states:

– For Swiss Circle members, other arrangements apply. These will be communicated separately.

Let's wait and see !
Old Oct 7, 05, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf

What is the relationship between LX and M&M
First of all, LX will be responsible for all M&M members residing in Switzerland (better: are linked with a Swiss address to M&M). M&M membership card will shown SWISS logo.
So what happens to those of us TC Golds with a U.S.-based address? Will it just default to M&M U.S. representation with no LX affiliation?
Old Oct 10, 05, 4:52 am

STC / M&M Q&A Document

A good and clear FAQ document has been posted on the STC website today:

http://swisstc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...ted=1128693970
Old Oct 11, 05, 6:22 am
CPL

Programs: LX HON, EK Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis Chairmans Club, etc.
Discrimination against LX Circle members

The proposed "transfer option" for STC Circle members is completely discriminatory, and will result in the downgrading of the vast majority of STC Circle members to STC Gold, and thus MM Senator, per April 2006:

STC Circle members are being held to a much higher standard than Silver or Gold members (who (as opposed to STC Circle members) don't need to meet the corresponding MM FTL and Senator qualification criteria and don't even need to requalify under STC (!) to obtain a 2-year status-matching extension under MM), or even MM' s own HON Circle members (it is much easier to earn status miles under MM, as the conversion factors in c-and f-class are higher than under STC, plus the executive bonus counts as status miles).

I appreciate that LH does not want to be swamped with MM HON Circle members (there are other ways of addressing this in the medium term: e.g., don't grant the status to members who have not "earned" their STC Circle status, etc.), but all STC members should be treated equally fairly. This is not happening and constitutes very bad business practice.

The consequence for me is to stop flying LX/LH: if that is the way they intend to treat their best passengers, I can (luckily) take my business elsewhere.
Old Oct 11, 05, 6:50 am

I couldn't agree more CPL !

If this is really what will happen, then definately this is not very good business practice.

Until is actually does I would leave the benefit of doubt to Swiss and see how they finally treat us.

I personally have not been informed yet neither by email nor by letter which is surprising since the PR went out Friday (instead of this week)
Old Oct 11, 05, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CPL
The consequence for me is to stop flying LX/LH: if that is the way they intend to treat their best passengers, I can (luckily) take my business elsewhere.
Well said CPL! ^ I wish I could do the same but I can't. On my route there is no alternative
Old Oct 11, 05, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Don't support Lufthansa!

If this is really what will happen, then definately this is not very good business practice.
Lufthansa never had very customer-oriented business practices. Shame on that airline!
Old Oct 11, 05, 7:11 am
CPL

Programs: LX HON, EK Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis Chairmans Club, etc.

Until is actually does I would leave the benefit of doubt to Swiss and see how they finally treat us.

I personally have not been informed yet neither by email nor by letter which is surprising since the PR went out Friday (instead of this week)

I haven't received anything yet either; although this could be an indication that they are rethinking their original proposal, I doubt it. I also doubt this was LX's idea (it would be unlike them and very counterproductive), but then they are owned by LH now, so unfortunately don't have much say anymore in these matters.
Old Oct 11, 05, 7:47 am
SPL

Programs: LX Hon, SN Platinum, EK Silver, etc.
From what I underestand this really is what is happening, and all but a small number of existing Circle members may lose their memberships due to this. I think it is an odd strategy to buy a company, and to then alienate the company’s best customers.

Some of us have had this membership for a very long time, have flown millions of miles with Swiss, and suddenly we are being told that we are no longer entitled to the benefits we have enjoyed for all these years. Not a very clever move, and quite a dissapointment.

The whole concept of treating Lufthansa miles the same as Swiss miles makes no sense at all. It is much easier to collect 300,000 Lufthansa miles than it is to collect 300,000 Swiss miles. At least they should compare like for like.

I would be very interested in hearing the opinions of other Circle members about this.
Old Oct 11, 05, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by SPL
From what I underestand this really is what is happening, and all but a small number of existing Circle members may lose their memberships due to this. I think it is an odd strategy to buy a company, and to then alienate the company’s best customers.

Some of us have had this membership for a very long time, have flown millions of miles with Swiss, and suddenly we are being told that we are no longer entitled to the benefits we have enjoyed for all these years. Not a very clever move, and quite a dissapointment.

The whole concept of treating Lufthansa miles the same as Swiss miles makes no sense at all. It is much easier to collect 300,000 Lufthansa miles than it is to collect 300,000 Swiss miles. At least they should compare like for like.

I would be very interested in hearing the opinions of other Circle members about this.
Well I must say that I have not yet, nor have other STC members, been notified of the change neither by email nor by mail. All I have read was what was posted on the LX website and in this forum.

Seemingly this is probably not the fault of LX but imposed by LH, however definately not very fairplay.

I would leave the benefit of doubt until we are contacted in the next few days I imagine.

Any other opinions?
Old Oct 11, 05, 8:29 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Well I must say that I have not yet, nor have other STC members, been notified of the change neither by email nor by mail.
I have received a personalized email from STC yesterday, including all the info posted here on FT ahead of time and also featuring my personal invitation code for the transfer to M&M. I filled in a form where I could add my current M&M number and verify my contact details and preferences. An email confirming my "transfer" on March 31st was then sent.

The process seems smooth enough to me, but I believe that at least 50% of all currently registered STC members (not to be confused with the currently active members) will not respond to the invitation on time and thus see their miles and membership disappear. Assuming that LX has to pay LH for every single mile transferred from STC to M&M, this makes sense. If it does so from a customer loyalty perspective is another story...
Old Oct 11, 05, 8:51 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Circle members will get a personal mail this days (instead of an e-mail)!
Old Oct 12, 05, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
The "Circle Issue" is a variant of the one adressed many times in this forum. Star and Oneworld have moved FFPs on from being simple reward programmes to marketing devices which target revenue generators, NOT frequent flyers. They are successful airlines, Swiss is not.

LH's top tier is a VERY high-cost way to maintain the loyalty of VERY high-spenders, it was formed to separate these from the rapidly growing GOLD class. They certainly will not want to add to the select HON membership from STC Circle which has a relatively large membership, and had very ill-defined criteria for joining and maintaining membership.

You can be certain that LH will look at Circle member's travel patterns: those that generate required levels of revenue will be welcomed aboard. Others will be "downgraded" to Gold. That's the business.
Old Oct 12, 05, 5:30 am

LX letter received this morning, dated Oct 11th. Transfer to M&M executed.
Good luck to all of us !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: