FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   STC will be terminated in 2Q 2006 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/470631-stc-will-terminated-2q-2006-a.html)

cruising Oct 5, 2005 6:26 am

With my actual bookings I was going to reach Silver by Jan 06. Will that still be possible?

airoli Oct 5, 2005 7:23 am

One more thought: What about my first (and probably last?) STC Gold upgrade voucher, which I will earn in a week's time? Will I still be able to use it next year?

Kerstin Ruf Oct 5, 2005 9:02 am

Originally Posted by cruising
With my actual bookings I was going to reach Silver by Jan 06. Will that still be possible?

Please be patient with me, as I do not get your point. As you have no opportunity to earn STC miles in 01/06, how could you qualify for STC Silver in 01/06. If you hold STC Silver in 12/05 you will be matched to M&M FTL.

Originally Posted by airoli
What about my first (and probably last?) STC Gold upgrade voucher, which I will earn in a week's time? Will I still be able to use it next year?

You can use this voucher until 03/06 (= termination of STC). While your (remaining) STC miles will be transferred to your M&M account, it looks like, that your STC upgrade voucher will not transferred into two M&M eVoucher. There are rumours that STC likes to convert STC vouchers into miles.

A topic you did not asked until now:
At the time when a qualification is reached or renewed, SENs will receive two eVouchers, good for one intercontinental upgrade.

Do STC Gold card holders also receive these two eVouchers when their status will be matched to SEN?
M&M credited these goodies for customers whose status was matched during the *A promotion in GB. I am positive that this will also happen here.

I hold a SEN and a STC Gold card as well. Is it possible that I will be left out?
Yes this is possible (you stay where you are). But please don’t complain right now! ;)

BTW: Some readers called already and asked Call Centre Agents for confirmation what they read here. Please be advised that the official announcements will be launched next week. Until then, agents should not talk about these topics. Please be patient and wait a short while!

Kerstin Ruf Oct 5, 2005 11:02 am

You asked me, here are my answers!

I was asked privately some questions they might be interested for a broader audience. I take the liberty to sum these up here. But please bear in mind that my comments are still informal and a lot of details are still not decided.

A lot of smaller airlines than LX have their own FFP. Why did LX turn down such an enormous advantage?
The owners of LX decided in March 2005 to sell their stocks to LH. My guess is that they saw a brighter future than staying independent. As LX is part of LH, it does not make sense to run two FFPs independently (think of costs of call centres, IT resources, arbitrage possibilities as the structure of M&M and STC is differently).

You mention status match will be done upon request - does that mean if one is Silver they will not match if one just assumes it will be converted to FTL automatically?
Excellent question! Next week, STC will invite you to transfer your STC miles into M&M account. Invitation is valid until Nov 15th 2005. If you do not react, neither your STC miles will be transferred into M&M miles, nor your current STC silver status will be matched.

To which extent is LX in power in further developing M&M?
LX can make suggestions, will be part of discussions, should participate in work groups, but the final decision will be done in FRA.

Until now, I can earn miles in non-*A FFPs when flying on LX metal. How long does this work?
Again, LX has contracts and these contracts have to dissolve. This takes some time, but don’t expect forever.

What is the relationship between LX and M&M
First of all, LX will be responsible for all M&M members residing in Switzerland (better: are linked with a Swiss address to M&M). M&M membership card will shown SWISS logo.

Talking about M&M we have to differ between the Airline and other activities. LX negotiated a – very favourable – rate for M&M miles (if you fly on LX and like to earn M&M miles LX has to pay, if you redeem M&M miles on LX, LX earns some money).

Independently from them, STC has contracts with some partners, which are not linked to M&M right now. Together with MMI, they will try to negotiate similar contracts with these partners.

STC and M&M have different CC partners in Switzerland. Since STC is going to terminate by end of 1Q 2006, what is going to happen w/ the STC credit cards?
There was a similar situation in Austria as OS migrated from QG to M&M. OS partnered with DC, LH with VISA. No members in Austria have the possibility to earn M&M miles on DC/MC/VISA co-branded CCs.
A similar situation occurs in Switzerland. M&M partners with MC/VISA, STC with AMEX/MC/VISA. As it is business for MMI, my guess is, that every partner will stay.

Do you have any info what will happen to Coop superpoints and similar programs where one can currently transfer points into STC? Do you think this will remain the same, but then just gets transferred into ones new M&M account?
STC partner are paying for the STC miles they bought. This is the reason, why STC – or any other FFP – is more than happy, if their partners buy a lot of miles. They earn money!

I feel confident that MMI will negotiate similar contracts with current STC partner.

bchl Oct 5, 2005 11:51 am

thank you very much for all your competent answers! now I will start to encourage all my friends who are holding a STC card to subscribe for m&m..

chee, let's see: 20 friends of mine are going to subscribe means 40'000 miles for me ^ ^ ^

cruising Oct 6, 2005 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf
Please be patient with me, as I do not get your point. As you have no opportunity to earn STC miles in 01/06, how could you qualify for STC Silver in 01/06. If you hold STC Silver in 12/05 you will be matched to M&M FTL.

I have to ask the question differently then: how long can you earn STC miles?

airoli Oct 6, 2005 9:19 am

31/12/2005

cruising,

according to Kerstin Ruf:

In either way you are able to collect STC miles until the end of 2005

cruising Oct 6, 2005 9:25 am

Originally Posted by airoli
cruising,

according to Kerstin Ruf:

Thanks, Airoli

Rudi Oct 6, 2005 10:26 am

Originally Posted by rorschi
Hello Kerstin,

may I ask you for the source where you have this "facts" from?

LH is very generous, goes the extra mile and let you transfer your STC miles in M&M miles 1:1.

Indeed very generous. Now I need 50K for an upgrade to the far east, then 65 K miles. Or 40K for a European same-day-roundtrip instead of 20K...

Once again, if this becomes true, I will no more care for the FFP when I book my flights, and hope that Helvetic or Air Berlin will soon fly ZRH-MUC...

Patrick

rorschi Oct 6, 2005 2:09 pm

Oops Rudi,

is there any addition to my quoted statement, which is four weeks old?

Of course I'm very thankful to Kerstin for all her accurate information here (but have to say that M&M does still not really arrange me for my travel-habits as a "short-haul-commuter"... ;) )

Patrick

Rudi Oct 6, 2005 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by rorschi
Oops Rudi,
is there any addition to my quoted statement, which is four weeks old?

sorry, I did not finish my last post (Gisela called for dinner while I was posting ...).

Here it goes: I learned that informing about sources will often close that source (when delicate informations are not supposed to go public ...).

It seems, from otherwise reliable LH sources, that the informations in this thread are correct (to the best of my current knowledge).

Thank you Kerstin Ruf.

hot_stars Oct 7, 2005 12:38 am

Dear Kerstin

How does it look after Jan/Feb 2006 - is it possible to combine LX with TG,SQ, NZ ect... for free tickets, as at the moment its only possible LX with LH

many thanks!

hot_stars

Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf
I was asked privately some questions they might be interested for a broader audience. I take the liberty to sum these up here. But please bear in mind that my comments are still informal and a lot of details are still not decided.

A lot of smaller airlines than LX have their own FFP. Why did LX turn down such an enormous advantage?
The owners of LX decided in March 2005 to sell their stocks to LH. My guess is that they saw a brighter future than staying independent. As LX is part of LH, it does not make sense to run two FFPs independently (think of costs of call centres, IT resources, arbitrage possibilities as the structure of M&M and STC is differently).

You mention status match will be done upon request - does that mean if one is Silver they will not match if one just assumes it will be converted to FTL automatically?
Excellent question! Next week, STC will invite you to transfer your STC miles into M&M account. Invitation is valid until Nov 15th 2005. If you do not react, neither your STC miles will be transferred into M&M miles, nor your current STC silver status will be matched.

To which extent is LX in power in further developing M&M?
LX can make suggestions, will be part of discussions, should participate in work groups, but the final decision will be done in FRA.

Until now, I can earn miles in non-*A FFPs when flying on LX metal. How long does this work?
Again, LX has contracts and these contracts have to dissolve. This takes some time, but don’t expect forever.

What is the relationship between LX and M&M
First of all, LX will be responsible for all M&M members residing in Switzerland (better: are linked with a Swiss address to M&M). M&M membership card will shown SWISS logo.

Talking about M&M we have to differ between the Airline and other activities. LX negotiated a – very favourable – rate for M&M miles (if you fly on LX and like to earn M&M miles LX has to pay, if you redeem M&M miles on LX, LX earns some money).

Independently from them, STC has contracts with some partners, which are not linked to M&M right now. Together with MMI, they will try to negotiate similar contracts with these partners.

STC and M&M have different CC partners in Switzerland. Since STC is going to terminate by end of 1Q 2006, what is going to happen w/ the STC credit cards?
There was a similar situation in Austria as OS migrated from QG to M&M. OS partnered with DC, LH with VISA. No members in Austria have the possibility to earn M&M miles on DC/MC/VISA co-branded CCs.
A similar situation occurs in Switzerland. M&M partners with MC/VISA, STC with AMEX/MC/VISA. As it is business for MMI, my guess is, that every partner will stay.

Do you have any info what will happen to Coop superpoints and similar programs where one can currently transfer points into STC? Do you think this will remain the same, but then just gets transferred into ones new M&M account?
STC partner are paying for the STC miles they bought. This is the reason, why STC – or any other FFP – is more than happy, if their partners buy a lot of miles. They earn money!

I feel confident that MMI will negotiate similar contracts with current STC partner.

Rudi Oct 7, 2005 12:47 am

Originally Posted by hot_stars
How does it look after Jan/Feb 2006 - is it possible to combine LX with TG,SQ, NZ ect... for free tickets, as at the moment its only possible LX with LH

once StarAlliance membership of LX starts - I expect this to be the case somewhen in spring 2006.

Rudi Oct 7, 2005 10:04 am

Miles & More wird das neue Vielfliegerprogramm der SWISS

Der Swiss TravelClub wird per 1. April 2006 in Miles & More, Europas führendes Vielfliegerprogramm, überführt. Die Kunden der SWISS können damit bei einer noch grösseren Anzahl an Airlines und Partnerunternehmen Meilen sammeln und Prämien einlösen. Swiss TravelClub Meilenguthaben werden eins zu eins übertragen und der Swiss TravelClub Silver und Gold Status anerkannt.

Damit wird die bereits im Juli begonnene Zusammenarbeit bei den beiden Vielfliegerprogrammen konsequent weitergeführt. Diese ermöglichte das gegenseitige Sammeln und Einlösen von Meilen und gewährte zahlreiche Privilegien für die jeweiligen Statuskunden von SWISS und Lufthansa. Dieses Angebot wird von den Kunden beider Airlines sehr gut angenommen. Ab Frühjahr 2006 wird es mit den Partner Airlines von Miles & More deutlich erweitert.

"Wir freuen uns, mit Miles & More unseren SWISS Kunden viele zusätzliche Vorteile eines globalen Programms anbieten zu können. Die SWISS wird Miles & More in der Schweiz repräsentieren und ist für die Betreuung aller Schweizer Teilnehmer verantwortlich", kommentiert Christoph Franz, Präsident der Konzernleitung und CEO von SWISS diesen wichtigen Schritt in der Integration zur Lufthansa.

Einladung zum Programmwechsel
Swiss TravelClub Mitglieder erhalten noch in diesem Monat eine persönliche Einladung zur Teilnahme an Miles & More. Nach erteilter Zustimmung werden per 1. April 2006 alle Meilen eins zu eins in Miles & More übertragen. Der Swiss TravelClub Silver und Gold Status wird anerkannt: Silver Mitglieder erhalten den Frequent Traveller Status, Swiss Gold Kunden den Senator Status. Alle übertragenen Meilen werden drei Jahre und der Vielfliegerstatus zwei Jahre verlängert.
Die SWISS repräsentiert Miles & More in der Schweiz und ist für die Betreuung aller Schweizer Teilnehmer und Partner verantwortlich. Die neuen Kundenkarten werden im ersten Quartal 2006 an die Kunden verschickt. Somit erfolgt die Umstellung pünktlich zum neuen Sommerflugplan 2006. Bis zum 31. März 2006 bleibt das Sammeln und Ausgeben von Meilen im Swiss TravelClub wie gewohnt bestehen.

Beitritt zur Star Alliance
Mit Miles & More als neuem Vielfliegerprogramm macht die SWISS einen weiteren wichtigen Schritt in Richtung Star Alliance. Gerade die Vielflieger der SWISS werden von zusätzlichen Vorteilen bei 16 Mitglieder Airlines im weltweit grössten Airline-Verbund, in der Luft und am Boden profitieren. Die Star Alliance bietet Flüge zu über 790 Destinationen in 138 Ländern und Zugang zu mehr als 620 Lounges weltweit. Alle fünf Sekunden hebt eine Maschine eines Star Alliance Mitglieds ab.

Miles & More - das grösste Vielfliegerprogramm Europas
Miles & More ist das Vielfliegerprogramm von Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Air One, Austrian Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines und Luxair. Mit 11 Millionen Mitgliedern ist es das grösste Vielfliegerprogramm Europas. Viele renommierte Autovermieter, Reiseanbieter und Hotels sind Partner des Programms.

Alle weiteren Informationen zur Partnerschaft gibt es auch im Internet unter www.swiss.com oder www.lufthansa.com.

Mitteilung an die Redaktionen:

Das Bild einer neuen Miles & More Mitglieder-Karte und einen Flyer mit detaillierten Informationen können Sie auf der Internet-Version dieser Medienmitteilung herunterladen: www.swiss.com/de >> Über SWISS >> News.

Für Rückfragen stehen Ihnen zur Verfügung:

Swiss International Air Lines AG
Corporate Communications
Tel. +41 848 773 773Tel.
Fax +41 44 564 2127Fax
[email protected]

Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Konzernkommunikation
+ 49 69 696 - 92853
+ 49 69 696 - 95428
http://presse.lufthansa.com

asimha Oct 7, 2005 10:07 am

Announcement in English

Miles & More becomes SWISS's new frequent flyer programme

The Swiss TravelClub is to be transferred to Miles & More, Europe’s leading frequent flyer programme, on April 1, 2006. The new arrangement will offer SWISS customers an even wider range of airlines and further partner companies with whom to collect their miles and redeem them for awards. Swiss TravelClub mileage balances will be transferred one-for-one to Miles & More, and Swiss TravelClub Silver and Gold status will be recognised in the new programme.

The move marks a further consistent step in the growing collaboration between SWISS and Lufthansa on the frequent flyer programme front. That collaboration was embarked on in July 2005, when the members of both programmes were offered mileage earning and redemption opportunities on both partner carriers, along with reciprocal privileges for any programme status held. These benefits were very well received by the customers of both airlines. They will now be substantially expanded from spring 2006 through Miles & More and its partner airlines.

“We are delighted to offer our SWISS customers the many additional benefits that a global frequent flyer programme like Miles & More can provide,” says SWISS President and Chief Executive Officer Christoph Franz, commenting on this latest major step in SWISS’s own integration into Lufthansa. “SWISS will represent Miles & More in Switzerland, and will be responsible for looking after all its Swiss-based members.”

An invitation to transfer

Swiss TravelClub members will receive a personal invitation this month to join the Miles & More programme. Once they have agreed to do so, all their Swiss TravelClub miles will be transferred one-for-one to Miles & More on April 1, 2006. Swiss TravelClub Silver and Gold status will also be recognised in the new programme: Swiss TravelClub Silver members will become Miles & More Frequent Travellers, while Swiss TravelClub Gold customers will be awarded Miles & More Senator status. All the miles transferred will be valid for a further three years, and any status awarded will remain valid for a two-year period.

SWISS will represent Miles & More in Switzerland, and will be responsible for the care and assistance of all the programme’s Swiss-based members and partners. The new customer cards will be issued to members in the first quarter of 2006, enabling the transfer to be effected with the start of the 2006 summer schedules. Swiss TravelClub members can continue to collect and spend their Swiss TravelClub miles until March 31, 2006.

Teaming up with Star Alliance

In adopting Miles & More as its new frequent flyer programme, SWISS is taking a further major step towards Star Alliance. SWISS’s frequent flyers will derive particular benefit from the additional advantages offered by 16 member airlines in the world’s biggest airline alliance, in the air and on the ground. Star Alliance offers flights to over 790 destinations in 138 countries, along with access to more than 620 lounges all over the world. An aircraft of a Star Alliance member airline takes off somewhere in the world every five seconds.

Miles & More: Europe’s biggest frequent flyer programme

Miles & More is the frequent flyer programme of Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Air One, Austrian Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines and Luxair. It is Europe’s biggest frequent flyer programme, with some 11 million members. Programme partners also include numerous reputed hotel groups and travel and car rental companies.

For further details of the SWISS/Lufthansa partnership, visit www.swiss.com or www.lufthansa.com.

Download picture membercard

Download Flyer Miles & More

For further information please contact:

Swiss International Air Lines AG
Corporate Communications
Tel. +41 848 773 773
Fax +41 44 564 2127
[email protected]

Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Corporate Communications Konzernkommunikation
Tel.+ 49 69 696 – 92853
Fax+ 49 69 696 – 95428