STC will be terminated in 2Q 2006

Old Sep 12, 05, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Glenlivet
Thanks Ottone,

Who says that HON I much more elitist than Circle...
In addition, you are not automatically getting Circle status you need to be approved by the senior management of LX...
But what then surprises me, is that if the number of Circle members that I quoted above is correct, that LX would have a much higher percentage out of their total PAX flying on such a high level of flying = high yield - to qualify for HON / Circle - especially with the F or C component for qualification.
1200 - 1500 vs 2300 members - this against the backdrop of total flying PAX on LX - should it not mean that LX would be better off or do not all Circle members qualify over the mileage level initially before "going in front" of management approval. Assuming that not all are approved the Circle customer basis would even be larger. Somehow given the financial woes this does not add up.

Just curious.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 12, 05, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by tcswede
...or do not all Circle members qualify over the mileage level initially before "going in front" of management approval.
As posted before in this thread, a significant percentage of all LX Circle members are nominated for their influence on LX wellbeing (politicians, large corporate account reps etc.), regardless of their flight activity. Becoming LX Circle via your travel pattern is the hard way to do it.
Old Sep 12, 05, 5:20 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN**, WoH Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by airoli
As posted before in this thread, a significant percentage of all LX Circle members are nominated for their influence on LX wellbeing (politicians, large corporate account reps etc.), regardless of their flight activity. Becoming LX Circle via your travel pattern is the hard way to do it.
Do not forget that onced you are Circle you can get the same level for your partner (wife/husband), which means that half of the Circle could be spouse or partners
Old Sep 13, 05, 1:45 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
So there are quite a few LX Circle members who got it for free or at least without flying all the way. LH HON is meant for flying customers only, and to keep it that way LH at least has to keep out the LX Circle freebies.
Old Sep 13, 05, 2:34 am

Hi Airoli,
had read your previous comment - but did not realise that apparently the majority out of the 1200- 1500 Circle members are in fact "non flyers" in the sense of not qualifying - based also on Glenlivets addition below that the spouse will always be matched. So the real flyer nmber is likely to be max 500 or so ???

Cheers
Thomas
Old Sep 13, 05, 2:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
ottone and Glenlivet - your maths is slightly out. Earning on M&M in C/F is 225% and 325% if FTL/SEN.

So to qualify HON need 267k in C/185k in F flown miles (on LH/LO/OS/UA/AC) over 2 calendar years. Starting from scratch need slightly more due to no 25% status bonus on the first 50k (if German address) or 35k (everywhere else).

Status bonus for HON is 50%, so to requalify need 240k in C/171k in F flown miles (on LH/LO/OS/UA/AC) over 2 calendar years.
My calculation only showed that 200000 LX club miles (2/3 in C and 1/3 in Y) translate into 283750 LH HON miles, which in my opinion still means that the requirements for HON and circle are different, but not widely different. Now, of course the fact that you only need 150000 LX club miles to keep the status changes things a little: for LX you need to fly 350000 club miles for the first two years, i.e. 233000 in paid C (15 % less than LH) or 175000 in paid F (5 % less than LH). For the following years you only need 300000 club miles on LX, i.e. 200000 in paid C (vs 240000 for LH) or 150000 in paid F ( vs 171000 for LH) over a two-year period. So, by making an "integrated" comparison the differences in qualification requirements are below 20 %, and this is all my calculation meant to show.
Old Sep 14, 05, 11:28 am
mbr

Programs: LX HON, SK Diamond, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Exclamation

Originally Posted by tcswede
... but did not realise that apparently the majority out of the 1200- 1500 Circle members are in fact "non flyers" ...So the real flyer nmber is likely to be max 500 or so ???...
I even heard once the information that there are only 300 people really qualified for Circle.

Greets
Mario
Old Sep 14, 05, 12:13 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by mbr
I even heard once the information that there are only 300 people really qualified for Circle.

Greets
Mario
Hello,

I wonder if there are people who have flown enough, but have not been "nominated" by the management?

(No, I'm far away, about 133'333 miles in payd C...)

Patrick
Old Sep 14, 05, 4:33 pm

Programs: M&M (LX/LH), Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Has it ever occurred to any of you that there is an element of obscenity associated with the members of the privileged class complaining that their perks are being modified?

I hope that every one of you also contribute just as much time and energy as you do on this forum in a more constructive way to build a more just society. My guess is that you occasionally write a check or two and think that you have done more than enough.

Last edited by Gigantor; Sep 14, 05 at 4:35 pm
Old Sep 15, 05, 1:35 pm

Programs: too many...
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Has it ever occurred to any of you that there is an element of obscenity associated with the members of the privileged class complaining that their perks are being modified?

I hope that every one of you also contribute just as much time and energy as you do on this forum in a more constructive way to build a more just society. My guess is that you occasionally write a check or two and think that you have done more than enough.
don't know what the obscenity and privileges are when you spend a good month in the air every year and nearly as much times in airports / lounges. There is so much you can do in terms of working and making best use of time, and I think that these forums here are a kind of relaxation (and complaining is part of relaxation...). I do not write cheques and I hope others don't do either. I am too familiar with the results. And no, its not a just world when you spend this amount of time in places away from places you would consider wortwhile being... a private jet certainly would make a more just society for me...

Cheers,
JNBHEL

Last edited by JNBHEL; Sep 15, 05 at 1:39 pm
Old Sep 19, 05, 11:12 pm

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
What are you getting at? 1 to 1 conversion is nothing more than the minimum! Why shall there be anything else?! Mann oh mann... Do you guys not realized that you will have to use more miles for your awards with M&L? THAT ought to be your main concern!!! Wake up!!!
Hmm, while I'm certainly no expert on STC (I have an account though with 50K odd miles) and not too fond of LH M&M, I made a different experience regarding mileage required for award flights. A europe-SE Asia award on LX is 150K in C-class wheras on LH M&M it is 120K in C-class. True, LX allows 8 segments and LH only 6 but that's only a side note. On European awards though - IMHO - LX clearly beats LH M&M in regards to number of segments and number of stopovers allowed. I think - as always - there will be something gained and something lost from all this. Depending on your redemption pattern some will benefit and some will loose (unfortunately).

BTW, forget promos like the 10K per segment or the upcoming 5K per segment once LH has control. Such generous offers are almost unheard off with M&M. Now that is really sad.

Cheers ....
Old Sep 20, 05, 5:21 am

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
hi,

why does everybody think that such generous milage-offers will stop to exist with miles&more ??? m&m is just the new frequent flyer programme of swiss - sure, lufthansa does not make such offers for its own fleet but lx will stay a "more or less" independent airline with its own (swiss) management. to fill their planes they will still be able to do such promotions - they are just using another technical platform for crediting the bonus miles. os for examle does some "own" milage promotions if you fly os metal (e.g. see here...)

so relax and see what will come next year ..

CHris
Old Oct 5, 05, 4:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation STC will announce program changes next week!

I sincerely do hope that you were able to take advantage of the information you got on this thread (eg compared the pros and cons of the STC & M&M redemption scheme, locked in some nice STC award). If not, you have a couple days left until all STC members will be informed about their option from beginning next week onwards.

Here is a summary of about the integration of STC into M&M, answers to some of your questions you asked on this thread and privately:
  • STC will be terminated end of Q1 2006.
  • Until mid of November 2005 you have the option to allow STC to transfer your STC miles into M&M miles end of Q1 2006 at par or to let it as it is (= do nothing).
  • In either way you are able to collect STC miles until the end of 2005 and
  • redeem STC miles until the end of Q1 2006.
  • STC members who hold a Silver/Gold STC card (or will qualify for Silver/Gold until year end) will be matched to FTL/SEN on request.
  • Current STC Circle members who either earned 600K Clubmiles in 2004/2005 or 300K Clubmiles in 2005 will be matched to HON Circle on request. HON Circle miles on their current M&M account also counts for qualification (around 50 out of 3.000 Circle members are affected).

IMHO for the vast majority of STC members this agreement is preferable to BA’s offer (termination of STC, no transfer for STC into Executive Club miles). No doubt LX gained in load factor but lost in yield (no surprise if you look at ongoing STC promotions and fares). Even some long houl operations like LAX & MIA are money burners. In short: LX is still not profitable. But I feel comfortable that with a helping hand of LH’s excellent management and some adjustments in LXs business plan there should be a good chance of prosperity in the near future (look at the successful integration of Air Dolomiti into LH group).

I also realized that some contributors are very unhappy that STC (and its promotions) will be discontinued. From their point of view, it’s reasonable. STC rewards customers for buying some deeply discounted intra-European coach tickets with intercontinental Biz (award-)ticket. On the one hand nobody should blame customers who take advantage of such generous deals, on the other hand nobody should blame companies if they stop offering money burning goodies. In short: Customers who buy flexible coach and/or Biz fares should be happier with M&M than STC (eg. five paid Biz ZRH-SIN-ZRH tickets generates for Gold members in M&M 1,15 award tickets, in STC 0,77 award tickets), customers who are buying mainly deepest discount coach fares should search for alternative FFPs (or even preferable: play the FFP game in the first place and look for reliable sales whoever it offers).

Last but not least, there were discussions about M&M promotions and the requirements for STC Circle and M&M HON Circle cards.

M&M offers a bunch of very attractive promotions. Targeted promotions reflect on your recent flying pattern (eg there is a promotion for customers who belong to M&Ms MasterClub in the pipeline: Targets are 175/100/75K status miles within Q4 on LH and affiliates will generates 70/40/30K status miles), general promotions are offered eg for new destinations or transferring in “M&M hubs”.

While M&M easily can stick to their published rules (10% membership gain since introduction in 12/2004 to around 2.300 HON Circle Card holders), STC was not in this position: Some of you might remember, that requirements for Circle were not published in QG (STC’s predecessor); This gave QG Management and SR executives some room to decide who should receive this special card (valid for three years). SR and QG disappeared, LX and STC starts operations. It goes without saying, that every “QG-Circle” was matched into “STC-Circle”. From that time, an “official” requirement of 200K Clubmiles/year was introduced. In other word: If you earned 200K STC clubmiles in one year, you received you Circle Card, valid for three years. Right now, STC has around 3.000 Circle members, around 1.400 hold partner membership (same benefits as sponsor). Around 50 out of 1.600 members will be match to M&M HON Circle. I hope I could share some insights about the travel pattern of LX best customers.
Old Oct 5, 05, 4:57 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Kerstin

Thank you very much for this information, it is greatly appreciated that you (and whoever else you might represent ) share this with us here ahead of time. This form of customer service does not go unnoticed... ^

With the head-start you gave us, I was able to book one 8 segment award already and I am in the final stages of planning the next one.

One final question, if I may.

Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf
STC members who hold a Silver/Gold STC card (or will qualify for Silver/Gold until year end) will be matched to FTL/SEN on request.
You have previously stated that the status matches should be valid until 02/08, with 2007 as the requalification period. Are you by now in a position to confirm this? I will rack up the necessary 60k miles for the STC Gold requal. until the end of this year, if this makes any difference.
Old Oct 5, 05, 5:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow At the time of writing elite membership is valid for two years!

I am happy that you snatched rewards you are satisfied with!

You have previously stated that the status matches should be valid until 02/08, with 2007 as the requalification period. Are you by now in a position to confirm this? I will rack up the necessary 60k miles for the STC Gold requal. until the end of this year, if this makes any difference.
I conform (see also posts # 4, 16 & 19), whatever that helps , that your new SEN (*G) card will be valued until 02/08. You need either 100K status M&M miles (or 120 segments) in 2006 or 2007 to renew your SEN status (currently valued until 02/10).

For those who are not so familiar with M&M: Elite customers need approx. four Biz Round Trips Europe/West Cost or Asia to earn 100K status M&M Miles.

For status match purposes: It does not matter if you renew your STC Silver/Gold Card this year. Every valid elite card will be matched on request.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: