STC will be terminated in 2Q 2006

Old Sep 9, 05, 6:50 am

Qualification until 02/08

Originally Posted by airoli
I will requalify as a STC Elite member by the end of this year. Under STC, my status would be valid until 03/07. What will by M&M status expiry date be after the merger?[/list]. Many thanks in advance.
If I interpret Kerstin Rufs post (#4) above correctly two years status match until 02/08.

Rgds
Marvin
Old Sep 9, 05, 9:42 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
how long will we be able to earn miles on ow partner airlines? i am planning several trips for end of this year and early next and it would be interesting if i can still use these miles for stc or m/m, and if segments/miles earned with STC in 1st quarter of 2006 will qualify as qualifying miles with m/m for 2006??? (asssuming i can merge stc-account into m/m, but anything else would be stupid).
Old Sep 9, 05, 10:42 am
AHO

Originally Posted by mith
how long will we be able to earn miles on ow partner airlines? i am planning several trips for end of this year and early next and it would be interesting if i can still use these miles for stc or m/m, and if segments/miles earned with STC in 1st quarter of 2006 will qualify as qualifying miles with m/m for 2006??? (asssuming i can merge stc-account into m/m, but anything else would be stupid).

AA allows their own FFP members to earn AAdvantage miles from LX flight until 2006-Oct-31.

AAdvantage partner airlines list: (choose SWISS for the info)
SWISS Program Participation Is Changing And Eventually Ending
https://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/V...artnerType=Air
Old Sep 9, 05, 11:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
[B]… may I ask if LH transfers the STC-miles into a new LH-account or do you have the possibility to merge accounts (for existing M&M-members)?
Sorry for mot being precise enough. As with most FFPs, only one account per person may be opened. If you are already a M&M member, you have to transfer all STC miles into this account.

By when do I have to merge my STC miles into M&M? Or, to put it differently, can I use my miles under STC T&Cs until the end of Q2/06 and then transfer the remaining balance into M&M?
As long as you did not opt for transferring your STC miles into M&M miles, your STC account works as it is. However, transfer should be possible from November 2005 onwards, and there will be a deadline. Expect this in April and not in June 2006. Now you have around one month time to consider what is best for you, than 2 Mio STC accounts will be informed…

I will requalify as a STC Elite member by the end of this year. Under STC, my status would be valid until 03/07. What will by M&M status expiry date be after the merger?
As Marvin pointed out in post # 16, all STC/M&M status matches should be valued until 02/08. Requalification period is either 2006 or 2007.

Originally Posted by mith
how long will we be able to earn miles on ow partner airlines? … and if segments/miles earned with STC in 1st quarter of 2006 will qualify as qualifying miles with m/m for 2006???
Assuming you have a STC and a M&M account as well. As long as you have both accounts, everyone works under current STC/M&M conditions. Therefore you can earn/redeem STC miles on 11 partner airlines. From the time you opt for the transfer, this possibility is gone.

@ status match/requalification: STC Circle & Gold → SEN and STC Silver → FTL. If someone holds already a SEN card and is STC Silver, it stays as it is. A STC Gold member holding a FTL card will be upgraded to SEN. I am not positive that to transfer miles in Q1 2006 will extend your M&M status for one more year, I am definitely sure, that no STC clubmile earned in 2006 will be recognized as M&M status mile
_______
BTW: I have reservations to us “to merge” in all and everything what worked between LH & LX nowadays. As LH bought LX, therefore I would say it’s a takeover, an acquisition but not a merger. From April 2006 onwards, M&M will be the FFP of LX and the one or the other feature of the STC should be (re-)introduced in M&M, but that’s it. Please don’t compare AF/KL with LH/LX, it’s completely different.
Old Sep 9, 05, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Thanks for the useful information. Lots of things to weigh up.
Old Sep 9, 05, 3:15 pm

Programs: M&M, LHW, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf
LH is very generous, goes the extra mile and let you transfer your STC miles in M&M miles 1:1.
BTW:
LH has bought LX. Right.
LH has bought LX customers: Wrong.

While I appreciate the fact that the terms of the transfer into M&M seem to be fair, this is NOT an act of generosity. It is a businessminded decision. It is aimed at taking over the valuable LX customer base.
Old Sep 9, 05, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
BTW:
LH has bought LX. Right.
LH has bought LX customers: Wrong.

While I appreciate the fact that the terms of the transfer into M&M seem to be fair, this is NOT an act of generosity. It is a businessminded decision. It is aimed at taking over the valuable LX customer base.
LH might have even troubles capitalizing on any valuable customers that are left after this merger. Most of those have already gone elsewhere or are already flying Lufthansa.
Old Sep 9, 05, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Angry Miles and More is a big catastrophe

Originally Posted by kooks
The only thing I have to ad here is this:

THIS A BIG BIG KATASTROPHE

kooks.

PS: excuse me for my German...

Bravo kooks, I fully agree with you. Miles and More is indeed a big catastrophe. The disadvantage of this program was already several times discussed in the forum and there is really nothing good on it compared to the Qualiflyer program!
Old Sep 9, 05, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
1:1 conversion is not bad

What are you getting at? 1 to 1 conversion is nothing more than the minimum! Why shall there be anything else?! Mann oh mann... Do you guys not realized that you will have to use more miles for your awards with M&L? THAT ought to be your main concern!!! Wake up!!!
Old Sep 10, 05, 12:50 am

@ status match/requalification: STC Circle & Gold → SEN
and STC Silver → FTL.

If someone holds already a SEN card and is STC Silver, it stays as it is. A STC Gold member holding a FTL card will be upgraded to SEN.

STC Circle and Gold members will have the SAME level in M&M ?
If it is the case not a smart move.....
What about Circle for Circle??

kooks
Old Sep 10, 05, 2:25 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
What are you getting at? 1 to 1 conversion is nothing more than the minimum! Why shall there be anything else?!
Well, I know/think that this is the minimum! BUT, look at the situtation of Croatia Airlines and LH not long ago. When Croatia Airline suspended its FFP and started using M&M only Gold costumers were offered a 1:1 ratio...
Old Sep 10, 05, 2:37 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Sorry for mot being precise enough. As with most FFPs, only one account per person may be opened. If you are already a M&M member, you have to transfer all STC miles into this account.
Ah, thanks. Seems logical...

I am not positive that to transfer miles in Q1 2006 will extend your M&M status for one more year, I am definitely sure, that no STC clubmile earned in 2006 will be recognized as M&M status mile
So, my status will be valid two years after the "transfer". Okay, but what are the reasons that my clubmiles earned in 2006 (till 2Q) won't be recognised as M&M status miles??? Why are they getting lost??? Then I could stop flying LX immediately and would still be treated the same as someone who is still loyal to / fly LX till then...

[...] and the one or the other feature of the STC should be (re-)introduced in M&M[...]
Do you know more about it? Maybe a hint?

Last edited by Frequent_Flyer1; Sep 10, 05 at 2:41 am Reason: spelling...
Old Sep 10, 05, 2:43 am

I think you mean HON for Circle...?
Old Sep 10, 05, 3:33 am

LH SEN evouchers?

another question (hopefully the last ) from my side: when STC Gold will be matched with LH SEN, do we then also get the two evouchers every new SEN is entitled to? I assume not...?
Old Sep 10, 05, 5:12 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN**, WoH Glob, HH Diam
STC Circle and Gold members will have the SAME level in M&M ?
If it is the case not a smart move.....

kooks
Definitively NOT a smart move!
Circle members will for sure check with other carriers for matching status
How can M&M believe they will follow like cheeps?
Without being offered Hon Circle I do not see a lot of Circle going to M&M

Glenlivet

Search this Thread
Search Engine: