LH Takeover: Your fears for LX Travelclub? - Everybody post please

Old Aug 8, 05, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Reasons why I am flying with LX

Originally Posted by f4free
...If you haven't posted yet, please go ahead and put down what parts of the Travelclub program keep you flying LX, and should stay in place in your opinion. ...
It is basically what others already mentioned:

- Good value (only 20k miles) for European tickets with
- up to eight segments
- a variaty of quality airlines (e.g. LX, AY, PS)
- two stops (one destination and one stop over)
- cheaper airport taxes than with LH

Other important benefits of the TC
- Many collecting promotions
- faster gold member than with LH
- gold advantages (e.g. lounges for two even if not flying with LX)
- full amount of miles also for cheap tickets
- destinations can be reachead via another station (with LH one must chose the shortest and directest way)
- one can easily change the dates of booked tickets (against a fee)

etc, etc. It is to say that the TC is much more what I like than M&L. My last flight with M&L is already about two years ago! This says a lot, doesn't it?

Another plus for LX: Most of my flights are only done with LX because of the STC and my status. Hence, it is better for the airline to generate small revenues with me than to fly with empty seats.

Last but not least: I also influence my family and friends on their choice of the airline...

If the STC will become M&L, I will not be loyal against LX anymore but start either not to fly so much anymore or to constantly chose the cheapest airline.
Old Aug 9, 05, 1:10 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
Hey!!

Hey Flyertalkers,

everybody talks about the negatives about Miles & More, but not the the really Wins-Situations they have for Swiss Flyers at the moment for Miles & More.

-Every Swiss Flights in all Bookingclasses gets full 100 % in Miles & More.

-Cheaper Star Alliance Free Flights around the globe better then Swiss Travel Club but only the European Flights for 20.000 Miles are better by Swiss.

-You need also outside swiss 35.000 Miles by Swiss Travelclub for Silver but that only for 1 year you are Silver, Miles & More 2 years Silver.

Not all, are negative but the Promotions are only worth it to travel more with Swiss Travel Club then LH Miles & More.

Greetz

Sven
Old Aug 9, 05, 1:52 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Originally Posted by Svenfly
-Every Swiss Flights in all Bookingclasses gets full 100 % in Miles & More.
Thats true, but how many miles do STC-members get when they fly LH? Dirt cheap level, isn't it... They want you to use M&M

Originally Posted by Svenfly
You need also outside swiss 35.000 Miles by Swiss Travelclub for Silver but that only for 1 year you are Silver, Miles & More 2 years Silver.
Again, that's correct but in my opinion you can't compare STC Silver with FTL because the first program offers (slightly) better service. Just compare the lounge issue... Try to get into a lounge in BCN with FTL and then as a STSM. But, the 2-year-requalification time is really good!
Old Aug 9, 05, 2:19 am

Programs: LX Senator,Hilton Diamond,Starwood Gold
save our Travelclub

Hi everybody, and thanks for this good idea.... ^

I totally agree with everything that was already written.

Keeping customers loyal is of the utmost importance for a company, and the management of Swiss International Airlines should think much more than twice before downgrading his loyalty program, which is one of the best.

Swiss will never be able to be competitive for ticket prices, personal costs will always be higher in Switzerland than in most other countries, and the only way to keep planes full of loyal customers is to give them something special, and the Travelclub as it is now,with all his benefits, is a good way (1000 miles minimum in Europe, 100 % miles minimum on all fares, good award availability, a lot of promotions and a lot of partners....).

I stayed loyal to Swiss (and Swissair) since more than 25 years, even if it was always more expensive than with others, because the service was better, and because of the Travelclub (ex Qualiflyer). The service is now what it can be, the economic rules are what they are.... but it stays not so bad... so the only incentive for flying Swiss is the Travelclub and his benefits.... I often travel cheap in Europe, but on long trip I most of the time travel in paid C or even in upgrade F.... If the benefits of the Travelclub are downgraded, i would certainly think more and probably consider lower costs airlines.
Old Aug 9, 05, 2:54 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
my 2 cents

Hi everybody,

I second pretty much all of the above statements, let me just put down the most important ones (for me) again:

- Upgrading in all classes
- Seperate Check-in for Gold AND Silver
- Full Miles in all classes
- Lounge Access even if you don't fly LX (for Gold)
- Lounge Access for Silver if flying Eco

One of the most important things that was not mentioned previously is how the conversion of elite members will be done into M&M. Is STC Gold becoming Senator, Circle = HON, etc....

Also, what happens to elite members of both LX and other *-FFP's? LX would be smart to offer *-customers the same status. (i.e. I will become a SQ PPS in 2 weeks time, why should I still be a member of STC?)

Long live Swiss(air)!
Old Aug 9, 05, 3:04 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Originally Posted by Daktari
[...] even if it was always more expensive than with others, because the service was better [...]
Me too. So far I haven't flown on any low-cost / low-frills carrier. I have always booked LX due to status, mileage and service, etc. If an integration happens why should I pay more to receive less miles, especially for flights within Europe??? AirBerlin offers competitive rates from ZRH (e.g. to Hamburg or Berlin)...

I'm quite surprised that the loyality of the STC-members here in FT is so storng, well done! ^
Old Aug 9, 05, 3:11 am

How to purge loyalty...

At the risk of repeating myself and others, I used to be M&M and STC, but concentrated on STC because it was better for me. If I am forced back to the "standard" version of M&M, I will be a lot more price driven (usually cheapest carrier / fare in C/Y) than before.
Rgds
Marvin
P.S. If the seemingly inevitable occurs, as appears likely from other threads (talk about a phone survey asking selective questions - who cares about branding - I want content, service and benefits!) then I trust STC (re-)qualification in 2005 will give M&M membership at the corresponding level for two years i.e. until 02/2008. M.

Last edited by Marvin; Aug 9, 05 at 3:17 am Reason: Had an afterthought
Old Aug 9, 05, 4:01 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL, Flying Blue Silver, SPG, HHonors, LHW LeadersClub
No more STC advantages, no more fly with SWISS !

The reasons why I am flying with SWISS are basically the same as others already mentioned :

- 100% miles on all fares, with 1000 miles minimum in Europe
- 8 segments awards
- 20'000 miles awards for flights in Europe
- Generous promotions
- Coop Supercard points transfert to STC
- A lot of earning partners (Coop, AMEX, Pointup, Webmiles, Sunrise, Bilan, etc.)
- Good award availability
- Upgrades with miles from all booking classes

If these advantages disappear, I will certainly fly with Easyjet or other low-cost carrier. I don't understand why to pay more if there was no reason for it...even if I don't eat a "Calzone" anymore .

Last edited by pccs; Aug 9, 05 at 4:05 am
Old Aug 9, 05, 4:17 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
LH Takeover ?

Good morning,

I agree with most of the above statements. Most important benefits for me are:

- Full miles flown in all classes versus M&M
- Upgrading from/to all classes
- American Express points transer to STC
- First class check-in
- VIP transfer in GVA (don't know about ZRH)
- Lounge Access (even if you are not on an LX flight)

An important factor, as previously stated, is how M&M would convert the STC Circle status since they seem to have one further status above current Circle qualification/requalification requirements.

I am also heavily influencing our Company travel, and the benefits of STC are certainly a plus. As far as I know we have at least 2 Circle members here including myself.

My 5 centimes worth.
André
Old Aug 9, 05, 4:41 am

First of all thanks Micheal for starting this thread.

For me most important things are:

1) A good Service !
2) 100% miles on all classes and minimum 1000 miles
3) Priority for Circle, Gold and Siver when boocking and upgrading
4) Good promotions (240'000 bonus miles, 2x-3x,4x miles.......), promotions for upgrades and free tkts
5) Pririty Checking
6) Lounges access
7) Upgrades on all classes and ALL fares
8) A lot of partners... (COOP, AMEX....) please make 1 Coop point 1 mile always....

But again, I hope in the future to still have the same excellant service I always had with the Geneva People. But for now, since they closed the office will see about it in the future...

kooks.
Old Aug 9, 05, 5:54 am

Programs: some
I agree to all the points listed by the previuos posters.

One more important benefit, altough more on the "soft" side, is that STC is a small program. This means the interaction with STC staff is more personal and they showed great interest to communicate with their "customers". E.g. meetings in ZRH and GVA as well as always having an open ear for questions comments from us.

I believe this would change dramaticly with an M&M integration. I have no status with M&M, but even for that the interctions I had with the Vail people where rather unpleasant.

I hope our friends at STC (CHInsider,...) will stay responsible for the STC "cutomers" and hope even more that the integration will not take place in the soon future.

Chris
Old Aug 9, 05, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by verve
One more important benefit, altough more on the "soft" side, is that STC is a small program. This means the interaction with STC staff is more personal and they showed great interest to communicate with their "customers". E.g. meetings in ZRH and GVA as well as always having an open ear for questions comments from us.
Excellent point. Switzerland has always been kind of a hedgehog. The Swiss like to have it cosy. There is a lot of people who fly LX out of patriotism – even if they don’t admit it.

If LH/M&M take away the Swissness from LX/STC, LX may soon be gone. Maybe this was the intention anyway.

And no, SVP is not the party I vote for.
Old Aug 9, 05, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Yak40
Excellent point. Switzerland has always been kind of a hedgehog. The Swiss like to have it cosy. There is a lot of people who fly LX out of patriotism – even if they don’t admit it.

If LH/M&M take away the Swissness from LX/STC, LX may soon be gone. Maybe this was the intention anyway.

And no, SVP is not the party I vote for.
agreed - it might be the best solution for the company as such but it will be the end of the brand as we know it. As an 'Auslandsschweizer' there was certainly something which no longer will be... apart from the fact - notwithstanding all the detractors - that it was/still is one of the best international airliners out there. Reason number 1 ceased to exist and 2 will soon too.
Old Aug 10, 05, 2:20 am

Programs: Swiss Travelcub Gold
yeah we dont want to be treated as second class members we want to stay by swiss travelclub they give us the respect we deserve ! with all this restriction by miles and more how u earn and how u can spend it and and and its to much
Old Aug 10, 05, 5:43 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Sorry to spoil.
But SR and now LX are not financially vitable airlines. LX was purchased by LH, did not purchased LH. And as history teaches, the winner rules.

Do not take me wrong, I collected a certain number of STC miles even if I was never able to use them (I gave them to charity just before expiration date).

Do you complain about loosing the accrual of 1000 miles per segment in cheap Y ? Fly AZ and collect an extra 20% (1200). And 600 miles and not 500 for most hotel stays. Why is AZ giving away so much compared to LH ?
Do you see my point ? The best FFP benefits are provided by the airlines in the worst financial situation just to collect as many passengers as they can.

BA and LH are 'loosing' all the passenger providing low revenue becasue of very low miles amounts or no tier points. So ? They are happy about it.

I'd like to get always an upgrade (free of course), lounge access (and no queue for the showers!) even if flying with a LCC, huge bonus just to change my e.mail address and a qualifying amount of miles for a bus ride of 50 miles as the ones provided to a non FT reader when having his RTW in first class.

What I think it was the only really good point of SR FFP is long gone. The Qualiflyer was an overall FFP program, so no strange answer about using your well deserved miles with a partner...'well, that route is sold by XXX but it's operated by one of its partner and it's not one of our partner, so no way and start walking if you want to go there'

Search this Thread
Search Engine: