FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Disclaimer: I work for Zurich Airport (unique Ltd.) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/453683-disclaimer-i-work-zurich-airport-unique-ltd.html)

airoli Jul 18, 2005 5:49 am

Disclaimer: I work for ICLP & Zurich Airport

Update NOV 2006:

I've decided to update this thread for transparency reasons, declaring that I am still a part time employee at Unique Ltd., the Zurich airport operator, and will continue to work there for the foreseeable future.

Furthermore, I have now started working full time for ICLP Ltd., a global loyalty agency whose Zurich office at one time was called Qualiflyer Ltd. So yes, I am now with the dark side of the force. ;)

My activity on Flyertalk, the Swiss board in particular, and the knowledge gained here were key factors in securing this position. Naturally, I am :-: very grateful :-: and will continue to post and take part in community activities as a private individual. It goes without saying that any "loophole" info etc. I find on Flyertalk will remain just there and not be acted upon by my "dark force" alter ego.

end update

I trust in your understanding for the fact that I won't be able to share any inside information or "behind the scenes" views on FT. All posts that I've ever made here and all that I will make from now on do entirely and exclusively reflect my own, personal opinion and are in no way "official" or even sanctioned statements by my employers.

Thanks for your understanding.

micro Jul 18, 2005 6:50 am

All the best for your new job at Unique airOli! May you have a wonderful time there.

So we don't get any discounted airport tax? lol...

Frequent_Flyer1 Jul 18, 2005 7:35 am

good luck!

Also from my side all the best for your job, Oli! I assume, it is a so called "Praktikum"...?

Oh dear, and I hoped that flyertalkers would get a special treatment from now on at ZRH airport :D :D :p

verve Jul 18, 2005 7:48 am

Oli, have a good start and enjoy your job!
I understand we won't get any interna from unique - on the other side you could probably forward our thoughts and concerns (e.g. long lines at security checks...) to the right people?

FLYGVA Jul 18, 2005 8:10 am

A good start, Oli. And enjoy your time working there.

All the best.

Jan

airoli Jul 20, 2005 12:48 am

Many thanks for your kind words.

Frequent_Flyer1, yes, it is an internship.

Originally Posted by verve
I understand we won't get any interna from unique - on the other side you could probably forward our thoughts and concerns (e.g. long lines at security checks...) to the right people?

We'll see about that. For now, I'm still trying to find out who's who! And trust me, there are a lot of areas here that we passengers never see... so give me some time until the confusion is gone. ;)

airoli Nov 7, 2006 1:14 am

1st post updated.

Rudi Nov 7, 2006 4:59 am

but at least I expect that oliair® (and its frequentflier program members) get now the privileges they deserve at ZRH airport.

I am really a fan of business careers that are based on your personal preferences and started as an enjoyable hobby! I wish you all the best!

wideman Nov 7, 2006 6:12 am

Congratulations and best wishes!

SanDiego1K Nov 7, 2006 7:34 am

Congratulations, airoli! I look forward to catching up in London this weekend.

Kiwi Flyer Nov 7, 2006 1:35 pm

Congratulations airoli ^ - so nice to have a job that matches your passion

how is the cold of ZRH after EZE?

andyZRH Nov 7, 2006 1:56 pm

:-: :-: :-: CONGRATULATIONS :-: :-: :-:

^ :cool: :D

ralfkrippner Nov 10, 2006 6:01 am

Great, Oli! And thanks for the update!

Well, knowing first hand which loyality program promotions are popular with us here, you might bring up those as examples to your colleagues and managers for future promos. This way you could sureley benefit the company and the customers...

CU in London and Frankfurt,
Ralf