ZRH-LCY loadfactors ?

Old Jun 17, 05, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
ZRH-LCY loadfactors ?

hi everyone,

i am just curious about the load factors on the route ZRH-LCY-ZRH. ticket prices for this route are very low (even last minute) compared to the flights to LHR. two days ago it was still possible to book NUE-ZRH-LCY-ZRH-NUE for 230 (47 oneway + tax and surcharges).
therefore i thought the load factor would be very low. now at the gate i was offered compensation of 228CHF for being rebooked on a later flight which i happily accepted, because the flight was overbooked. (and i loose only about 60-90 minutes )
hmmmmm - any insight information on this route (as there is a 6th daily weekday connection since the 6th of june).

greetings from the swiss lounge
CHris
Old Jun 17, 05, 5:14 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
CHF228 is a weird amount.. did they offer you that in cash? Or in LX vouchers? Or did you have a choice?
Old Jun 17, 05, 7:51 am

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
I flew the route a couple of times. Load factor very high each time. Predictably business class was filled with executives heading for Canary Wharf. Flights ex-LCY to Geneva and Basle on the other hand had very low load factors, but this was when LX still flew LHR-BSL and LHR-GVA. I have no idea whether load factor has improved since LX dropped both routes.
Old Jun 20, 05, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Originally Posted by airoli
CHF228 is a weird amount.. did they offer you that in cash? Or in LX vouchers? Or did you have a choice?
hi oli,
i got the 228 CHF in cash in an envelope. the ga's comment: "the cash is inside the envelope. i don't want to count it in front of the other passengers" :-)

as i found out later- inside the T&C for the "denied boarding compensation" they write that the amount can either be given in cash or in vouchers. the later would increase the compensation amount by 50%.
gosh-> if i would have known that earlier my roundtrip-flight to london would have been for free :-)
she did not ask me to choose between cash and vouchers. next time i know better :-)

greetings from the ZRH lounge
CHris

p.s. return flight from LCY today afternoon -> business-class (3 rows reserved) had only 4 passengers. economy was around 90% full.
Old Jun 21, 05, 10:37 am

in my limited experience the load factor is quite high... at least to/from ZRH. LHR seems to be more expensive at most times though
Old Jun 22, 05, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I'm taking LCY-ZRH-LCY in about two weeks. Was only about UKL100, including all taxes. Much less than LHR, which surprised me.

Search this Thread