Swiss Double, Triple, Quadruple Bonus Miles Promotion 2005

Old May 25, 2005, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AF/KL SIL, LX SIL
Swiss Double, Triple, Quadruple Bonus Miles Promotion 2005

DEAR ALL,

JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW (FOR THOSE WHO DON'T YET) THAT SWISS IS OFFERING A "PERSONAL INVITATION" TO A SPECIAL BONUS MILEAGE PROGRAM IN THEIR SWISS TRAVELCLUB.

DURING THE PROMOTIONAL PERIOD - 1 JUNE 2005 TO 31 AUGUST 2005 - IF YOU FLY:

3 - 4 SEGMENTS = DOUBLE MILES
5 - 8 SEGMENTS = TRIPLE MILES
9 OR MORE = QUADRUPLE MILES

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS REGISTER. TRY THE FOLLOWING LINK:

http://travelclub.swiss.com/FFP/CDA/...0_1_bp,00.html

ALTHOUGH THEY CLAIM THAT THIS OFFER IS "PERSONAL AND NON TRANSFERABLE", I GOT ALL MY FRIENDS TO REGISTER ON THIS. IF IN DOUBT, TRY CONTACTING THE TRAVELCLUB HELPLINE. LET US KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, PLEASE.

BEST REGARDS,

FERNANDOSWISS

Terms and Conditions

This offer is for you personally and not transferable. It is valid between June*1 and August*31,*2005 on the worldwide SWISS network.

One flight segment consists of a take-off and landing on a SWISS flight.

The additional bonus miles will be credited to your Swiss TravelClub account beginning October.

The*General terms and conditions*of Swiss TravelClub apply.

Last edited by fernandoswiss; May 25, 2005 at 5:44 am Reason: updated link
Old May 25, 2005, 5:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Thanks for this information

Until now, I haven't got such a "nice" email from STC concerning this offer...

BTW: your link provided seems not to work. I think you didn't paste and copy the full address...???
Old May 25, 2005, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Link To Swiss Mileage Promotion

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Thanks for this information

Until now, I haven't got such a "nice" email from STC concerning this offer...

BTW: your link provided seems not to work. I think you didn't paste and copy the full address...???

APOLOGIES!!

TRY AGAIN PLEASE:

http://travelclub.swiss.com/FFP/CDA/...0_1_bp,00.html
Old May 25, 2005, 8:10 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thanks for this, and welcome to Flyertalk!

Just a quick note: If a promotion is targeted, then only those in this target group will be able to benefit. Sure, everybody can use the web page to sign up, but bonuses are unlikely to materialize if you're not part of the target group.

Oh, and another small thing: You're sure to get our attention even if you don't use ALL CAPITAL SPELLING...
Old May 25, 2005, 10:10 am

Programs: MILES AND MORE FTL
Angry

Originally Posted by airoli
Thanks for this, and welcome to Flyertalk!

Just a quick note: If a promotion is targeted, then only those in this target group will be able to benefit. Sure, everybody can use the web page to sign up, but bonuses are unlikely to materialize if you're not part of the target group.

Oh, and another small thing: You're sure to get our attention even if you don't use ALL CAPITAL SPELLING...

hi
how check it if it works or not?
Old May 25, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by ariel-wawa
hi
how check it if it works or not?
Hello,

if you receive an email from Swiss with a personal intivitation to participate on this promo, it will work. Otherwise not.

BTW: Welcome to FT!

Patrick
Old May 25, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: MILES AND MORE FTL
Originally Posted by rorschi
Hello,

if you receive an email from Swiss with a personal intivitation to participate on this promo, it will work. Otherwise not.

BTW: Welcome to FT!

Patrick

hi Patrick

Thanx for answer and welcome
okey i dontg get email with this offert, but
i registration this promo, and then write email to swiss if my registration is okey
funny...they answer...YES!

so..good time for collect ^

greetings
Old May 25, 2005, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fernandoswiss
3 - 4 SEGMENTS = DOUBLE MILES
5 - 8 SEGMENTS = TRIPLE MILES
9 OR MORE = QUADRUPLE MILES
Hello Mister fernandoswiss, welcome to the club! I guess it is again to discuss wheter one will get 4 times the actual flown miles or 5 times.

My interpretation is that one gets 5 times the miles because it says "Bonus Miles... Quadruple Miles..." Consequently one gets ones actual miles (e.g. 1'000 for WAW-ZRH) and another 4'000 miles (the actual quadruple bonus miles).

Well, it's time for a weekend trip to Sao Paulo
Old May 25, 2005, 3:14 pm

Hello,

in the past we got always 1000 clubmiles and 3000 bonusmiles, when "quadruple miles" were announced. (Of course, there are another 300 bonus miles and 1/50 elite-upgrade per 1000miles for TCGM )

But I'm not too sad to not have yet received this email, as I'm still tired from the last MR

Patrick
Old May 25, 2005, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,

I called STC in order to find out who their "target group" were this time - Gold members, swiss residents, japanese speakers, under 30's... The answer? Well... she fiercely declined to comment, in a quite patronizing manner the lady would just not spit it out! Some tenacity later... she did put me on hold and after a while "talking to her supervisor" she did tell me that the criteria for getting those emails were very "complicated" but as a general rule, the promotion was targeted to those TC members who had not flown very often in the past months!! i.e.: STOP FLYING SWISS NOW AND WITH A BIT OF LUCK YOU MAY BE SELECTED FOR A FUTURE PROMOTION @:-) (sorry for the capitalizing arioli!)

If you are a STC member and are planning to fly Swiss during the summer, do register and send them an email asking for a registration confirmation - there will be a link to this aim once you insert your FFP number and confirm. With an official email in hand, little can they say... and besides, if you are planning to fly Swiss anyways, nothing to lose!

Best,

fernandoswiss
Old May 25, 2005, 6:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by fernandoswiss
... but as a general rule, the promotion was targeted to those TC members who had not flown very often in the past months!!
Yes, well I've flown Swiss twice in the past 4 years, gradually (actually not so gradually) slipping from Gold to nothing...and I wasn't targeted. Not that it would have made much difference...I will only start flying LX again regularly when I get M&M status miles on LX, then I can get back home without having to connect in FRA or MUC.
Old May 26, 2005, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Another slightly nerdy question is whether the bonus levels are inclusive and retrospective. e.g. first four sectors, DOUBLE miles, next four sectors TRIPLE miles. Or would each of those eight sectors be a triple-earner ?

I rather think the former interpretation will apply, so arch-strategists might plan their GRU trips for August ...

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 26, 2005 at 2:32 am
Old May 26, 2005, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Smile

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Another slightly nerdy question is whether the bonus levels are inclusive and retrospective. e.g. first four sectors, DOUBLE miles, next four sectors TRIPLE miles. Or would each of those eight sectors be a triple-earner ?

I rather think the former interpretation will apply, so arch-strategists might plan their GRU trips for August ...
IAN-UK
LX had a similar promotion last year and I got triple-earners for EACH sectors. I think they will apply same methodology for this promotion
Old May 26, 2005, 11:51 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
what happensif you fly in first ? letssay zrh-bkk? do you get 3 times actual milage or 3 times the miles for F class ?
Old May 26, 2005, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by bertheike
what happensif you fly in first ? letssay zrh-bkk? do you get 3 times actual milage or 3 times the miles for F class ?
Hello,

3 times the miles for F.

Or, C-Class in Europe = 3x 2000.

Patrick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.