First Class amenity kit

Old May 12, 05, 7:38 am
hvd
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LX travelclub
First Class amenity kit

My wife just came back gva-jfk with a new LX first class amenity kit. Must say it is quite an improvement. Actually has some useful things inside and is quite a nice bag as well. If it weren't for the non-detachable shoulder strap (which some people might actually like) it would rank pretty close to the BA Hindemarch bag. New LX contents are interesting if not great - hairbrush, plasters, nail file. If they could bring back La Prairie or at least Clarins products this would make a great kit.
Old May 12, 05, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by hvd
My wife just came back gva-jfk with a new LX first class amenity kit. Must say it is quite an improvement. Actually has some useful things inside and is quite a nice bag as well. If it weren't for the non-detachable shoulder strap (which some people might actually like) it would rank pretty close to the BA Hindemarch bag. New LX contents are interesting if not great - hairbrush, plasters, nail file. If they could bring back La Prairie or at least Clarins products this would make a great kit.
yeah... the La Prarie goodies were the best - an absolute winner when coming home! I also liked the fact that they had the stuff in the lavatories.
Old May 12, 05, 10:47 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Just how new is this kit? The one I got last week on the return from SIN still was in the same design as it was last year, and only contains eyeshades, socks, toothbrush and ear plugs...
Old May 12, 05, 12:00 pm

I got the new kit last month - I was very impressed

The La Prairie stuff in the washrooms was nice, but it lasted about an hour, until two of the other F pax decided to steal them. I saw them putting the bottles into their baggage and wondered whether to say something to the cabin crew.
Old May 13, 05, 6:32 pm
hvd
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LX travelclub
Don't know if it answers the question of how new is this but she got old kit on flight JFK-GVA less than a week earlier. Not sure if it is now available on all flights or just on some, or if, like JAL there are different kits outbound from those available inbound.
Old May 14, 05, 6:15 am

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by AndrewC
I got the new kit last month - I was very impressed

The La Prairie stuff in the washrooms was nice, but it lasted about an hour, until two of the other F pax decided to steal them. I saw them putting the bottles into their baggage and wondered whether to say something to the cabin crew.

You will find that having money does not always mean the individual(s) has class. I think it is extremely distasteful for someone to grab all the lav goodies for themselves. However, I wouldn't call it stealing. Those two F pax paid for their seats, and the lav goodies were brought onboard for the use of F pax. I'm not sure there is much the cabin crew can do. They will face quite a challenge: do we piss off two F pax asking them to return the lav amenities when they paid thousands for their seats? If we do, would these pax fly with us again?

Last edited by fly747first; May 17, 05 at 3:52 am

Search this Thread