Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOUNGEs for LX members: FAQs

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 10:59 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by ziplaufwerk
it means that Swiss again published wrong information on their web pages a gold member has free access regardless the company he is flying with
I don't think so that Swiss publishes wrong or incorrect information regarding lounge access with AA within the states.

1.) In my understanding, STC-Elite members just have free lounge access at the destinations, that are served by Swiss and with their own metal. Well, of course that are just my two cents...

2.) Rules regarding the American Airlines Admirals Club are stated in the "lounge - General info" section of the STC-website:

American Airlines Admirals Club
You'll be welcome at our partner airline whenever you're holding a First or Business Class ticket with a SWISS codeshare flight number - whether it's for an international flight or for a connecting service departing the same day or before 06:00 the following morning.

Please note, access to American lounges is NOT permitted if:
*You hold an Economy Class ticket, even if you are a Swiss TravelClub Gold/Silver member.
*You are NOT travelling on a flight that carries a SWISS codeshare flight number.
Old May 18, 2005, 1:43 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Frequent_Flyer1 is right, Swiss cannot be blamed in this case as all the relevant access info for the Admirals Clubs is there.
Old May 18, 2005, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by airoli
Frequent_Flyer1 is right, Swiss cannot be blamed in this case as all the relevant access info for the Admirals Clubs is there.
Hmmmm - well here's another question on the same line for the Ones Who Know. TC says Sao Paulo GRU enjoys an Admirals' Club with access for Gold - without the qualifications given for US-based ones.

Charm alone has got me through the door in MIA, but that might not work in GRU. I'll be interested to see if I get let in on my Y-class boarding card - well, more than just intersted, I've got a five-hour wait in the place

Anyone any experience to share ?
Old May 18, 2005, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I got in as TC Silver no bother in GRU. But I was on a Y ticket upgraded to C with miles.
Old May 19, 2005, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
I got in as TC Silver no bother in GRU. But I was on a Y ticket upgraded to C with miles.

So as far as the Lady on the Door was concerned you were business-class: i.e. you were the proud holder of a C-class boarding card.
Old May 19, 2005, 1:22 am

Brazilians have a word for this: "jeitinho"
Old May 19, 2005, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
So as far as the Lady on the Door was concerned you were business-class: i.e. you were the proud holder of a C-class boarding card.
So can this same procedure not work for the AA lounges? Simply flash a C-class boarding pass at them? Whether the ticket is a paid ticket or an award ticket?
Old May 20, 2005, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK guys - we're missing the point I have never had problems getting into an Admirals' nest on a C-boarding card, upgraded or paid for, with my trusty TC card.

I have even done it totally off-line, with a Delta Y-boarding card. But that WAS <jeitinho>. I put it down to high levels of personal charm Oh, and a very quiet afternoon in Miami.

I'll be Y-card-carrying in GRU. Question was, if flashing the card will be sufficient to get me to the snacks and quiet of the sailors' club. Now the nice lady in Cape Town says <yes> but she's let me down before, bless her heart.

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 20, 2005 at 1:48 am
Old May 20, 2005, 2:38 am

OK guys - we're missing the point I have never had problems getting into an Admirals' nest on a C-boarding card, upgraded or paid for, with my trusty TC card.
Having a Business class boarding pass means that you are either travelling internationally or on the few remaining AA transcons with 3-class service, in both of which cases you do get access to the Admiral's Club. The original poster was however asking about access on domestic First tickets, and that unfortunately is an entirely different story.
Old May 20, 2005, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see, so this only works on international flights (presumably excluding Canada and Mexico)? With an AA flight number on the boarding pass (or LX), whether paid or award, or upgraded with miles? Whereas on the domestic 1st class flights, you have show evidence (a card or something) of having bought your way into the Admirals Club?

Lastly, what is award availability in C on AA like in the Summer? Is it something almost impossible to get, or is there a reasonable chance of availability? I'm perhaps looking at burning a few miles this Summer.
Old May 20, 2005, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by ziplaufwerk
Brussels (BRU) Is there a nice lounge (for Swiss gold members)? Is an invitation necessary?
I flew recently a mileage run with Swiss: BRU-ZRH-WAW in the May promotion. Swiss Gold and Swiss Silver members can use the lounges at all three airports.

BRU is a general lounge with drinks, sodas, fruits and internet connected laptops. No invitation needed. Your Swiss Travel Club status on your boarding pass is sufficient.

ZRH is the nicest lounge of the three with drinks, sodas, fruits and chocolates.

WAW is standard with drinks, sodas and cookies. In WAW you need your Swiss Travel Club card. Lounge staff needs to register your Travel Club number.
Old May 20, 2005, 6:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Lastly, what is award availability in C on AA like in the Summer? Is it something almost impossible to get, or is there a reasonable chance of availability? I'm perhaps looking at burning a few miles this Summer.
This topis has partly been discussed here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426328.

Award availability with AA is rather low. According to a contract between LX and AA, STC customers have the same award availability for point-to-point tickets. In reality it doesn't work because AA doesn't open the "open contingents" for LX customers.

Everyone with problems booking AA awards please send me a private message and I will tell you to whom to complain. It is important that we all complain to the same people!
Old May 20, 2005, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
The original poster was however asking about access on domestic First tickets, and that unfortunately is an entirely different story.
I think Mr Z couldn't have hoped for a fuller, more complete and accurate answer to his question ^ !

But with that one done and dusted, I was rather hoping for an answer to my own humble enquiry, not another lecture ....

For what it's worth, the consensus from private messages, the Pearlies and the Good People of TC seems to be that flashing the Gold will work a treat in Sao Paulo.

Anyway, thanks, Concerto - I hope you enjoyed Brasil!

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 20, 2005 at 8:22 am
Old May 20, 2005, 8:45 am

But with that one done and dusted, I was rather hoping for an answer to my own humble enquiry
Which of course you should get! Just not from me, for I don't have a clue, to be frank. No offense intended.

I can only speculate that LX contracts with the GRU Admirals Club to allow LX Elites in as if the lounge were run by LX itself. That would mean that this particular Admirals Club would not be affected by the special provisions for AA lounges mentioned on the STC website...
Old May 21, 2005, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyway, thanks, Concerto - I hope you enjoyed Brasil!
Actually, yes, it really was quite an experience. I believe it is a matter of chance, i.e. being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as to whether you get shot to pieces or knifed to bits. But Sao Paulo is mostly like any other city, and I even rode the buses with no problems. Be nice to explore the interior of Brazil.

I must say that the people down there seem to have something that we have lost here in Europe (or never had); despite having very little, they are amazingly giving, and have a joie de vivre that people with large amounts of money never have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.