Superpoints promotion with Coop Bank

Old Apr 25, 05, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More FTL, Flying Blue Silver, SPG, HHonors, LHW LeadersClub
Thumbs up Superpoints promotion with Coop Bank

Coop Bank has now an interesting promotion for opening a NEW Supercard bank account until June 30, 2005.

If you transfer more than CHF 5'555 you get a bonus of 5'555 Superpoints + 1 point per franc. So, for example, if you transfert CHF 10'000 you get 5'555 + 10'000 = 15'555 Superpoints. With the annual promotion 1 Superpoint = 1 Swiss TravelClub miles it could be a very good deal !

If you already have a Supercard account at Coop Bank, you can get 1 point per franc until June 30, 2005 (after : 1 point per 2 francs).

Link : http://www.coopbank.ch/fr/index/kont...card-konto.htm
Old Apr 25, 05, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Wink

Originally Posted by pccs
Coop Bank has now an interesting promotion for opening a NEW Supercard bank account until June 30, 2005.

If you transfer more than CHF 5'555 you get a bonus of 5'555 Superpoints + 1 point per franc. So, for example, if you transfert CHF 10'000 you get 5'555 + 10'000 = 15'555 Superpoints. With the annual promotion 1 Superpoint = 1 Swiss TravelClub miles it could be a very good deal !

If you already have a Supercard account at Coop Bank, you can get 1 point per franc until June 30, 2005 (after : 1 point per 2 francs).

Link : http://www.coopbank.ch/fr/index/kont...card-konto.htm
OK. I will transfer 100k CHF, wait for the points to be credited, transfer back the money to my existing account and cancel the Coop account.
Old Apr 25, 05, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by emozioni
OK. I will transfer 100k CHF, wait for the points to be credited, transfer back the money to my existing account and cancel the Coop account.

No it is not possible you have to transfer a minimun of 5'555 CHF up front to get the points.

Remember also that you have small fee for closing the account too, if you do that.

Beside that it is a good deal.. but you have to have cash

kooks. @:-)
Old Apr 25, 05, 12:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
the Coop Superbank account is (beside the interesting bonus in Superpoints) otherwise a lousy account.

Interest rates are at the best equal, sometimes lower, than regular Coop accounts.

Transaction fees are excessiv (much higher than regular Coop accounts). A bancomat card is not included.

It is not sure anymore, if a another Superpoint : Travelclub miles 1:1 promotion (the last one lasted from nov-1-2004 through jan-12-2005) will happen. It was, before the LH deal become public, in the planning - but lately this project is unfortunately on hold.

on Ricardo® (the swiss version of ebay) a Coop point now costs between SFr 0.014 and SFr 0.020.
Old Apr 27, 05, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More FTL, Flying Blue Silver, SPG, HHonors, LHW LeadersClub
First I would like to specify that I don't work for Coop nor for Basler Kantonalbank.

Originally Posted by Rudi
the Coop Superbank account is (beside the interesting bonus in Superpoints) otherwise a lousy account.
Interest rates are at the best equal, sometimes lower, than regular Coop accounts.
Sorry Rudi, but that's not true. Have a look at the interest page, and you will see that Bank Coop serves a better interest rate on the Supercard account. (0,75 % against 0,50 % for a classic "Sparkonto"). That's not THE big deal, but it's better than other saving bank accounts in Switzerland.

=> http://www.coopbank.ch/index/konti/zinssaetze.htm

Transaction fees are excessiv (much higher than regular Coop accounts). A bancomat card is not included.
Sorry, but that's not true too. Supercard account is a saving account, so you can't do every transaction you want like on a "Privatkonto", but a bancomat card is included. Sure, not a Maestro card, but that's not the kind of account for. And there is no transaction fee.

It is not sure anymore, if a another Superpoint : Travelclub miles 1:1 promotion (the last one lasted from nov-1-2004 through jan-12-2005) will happen. It was, before the LH deal become public, in the planning - but lately this project is unfortunately on hold.
Let's pray for a new 1:1 deal...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: