SWISS offer of hosting for Geneva get-together

Old Feb 22, 05, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Post SWISS offer of hosting for Geneva get-together

Hi FlyerTalk members,

Some of you may recall that early in January this year, SWISS offered to partially host a get-together being proposed by "verve" (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...0&page=2&pp=15 ) in Zurich. The meeting seemed to be a success and we at SWISS promised to repeat our offer later this year - probably in Geneva, in March.

Well, time flies and here we are fast approaching the end of February - so how about a repeat meeting in Geneva?

I need to assess the interest from the rest of the FlyerTalk community, so please, if you are interested, post your replies! (Preferably with suggested dates)

As before, we at SWISS would be happy to host a pre-dinner discussion, probably at the airport, and then leave you all to enjoy dinner later - maybe downtown?

Maybe we could even offer a small prize for the most imaginative "mileage run" that so many of you seem to have been contemplating recently! (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...18#post3712988 )

Best Regards,
CHInsider (Barry Green, SWISS)
Old Feb 22, 05, 8:29 am

Great news....

I m in for the meeting and the dinner in Geneva...

What about week nights lets say Mon 14 or 14 or 15 of March ??

And for the dinner what kind of food should we have ??
I m ready to get the reservations after we choose the place...

I will also post my MR soon..

kooks.
Old Feb 22, 05, 8:48 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

if the date is OK for me, I will participate for sure.

Originally Posted by CHInsider
Maybe we could even offer a small prize for the most imaginative "mileage run" that so many of you seem to have been contemplating recently! (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...18#post3712988 )
Also on that competition I would like to participate, but as I have not received any official message about that promo yet (as a German resident), I have of course not started to make any booking...

Patrick
Old Feb 22, 05, 11:33 am

Programs: some
Of course I'm in if the date suits me. Best for my would be anytime after the 28th, as I have to attend an conference from the 14th
Old Feb 22, 05, 2:44 pm

I would love to come, however my only evening in GVA next month is the 8th of March.

f4free
Old Feb 22, 05, 5:04 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Would be great if it is between 25th March and 4th April, though I know on the 30th March and 1st April evening orchestral rehearsals will get in the way. I'm also in Geneva on 5th, 6th, 19th and 20th March. Hope something works out, even if I have to come along and join you later.
Old Feb 24, 05, 6:15 pm

Not really a regular here but I could come if it was during the first two weeks of April.
Old Feb 27, 05, 8:42 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Thanks Berry for another nice invitation!!! I also participated at the first meeting and if the dates suites me (and SBB offers good train connections) for GVA, I would like to come again. This would be truly great...

My "Blackout-Dates" (so no-go) would be 29 March to 9 April.
Old Feb 27, 05, 1:02 pm
GVA

Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Nice to see a meeting being organized in Geneva.

I'd also be for a meeting during the first two weeks of April, gives enough time to organize something...
Old Feb 27, 05, 1:08 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
(and SBB offers good train connections)
SBB? I assume you wanted to say Swiss
Old Feb 28, 05, 11:11 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
Originally Posted by verve
SBB? I assume you wanted to say Swiss
Oh sorry, you are so right But actually, if there are convenient connections (timetable) and if the fare is not astronomically high, this could be a choice for those coming from ZRH.

LX: So, what about offering a 10% off like Continental did at their last FT-meeting .... "just dreaming" ...
Old Mar 1, 05, 5:04 am

Thanks CH-Insider to set up a meeting, that is very exciting !
I'm in and my possible dates are :
March 1 to 15
March 21 to 24
March 28 to Apr 15

Hope it will work out ! for sure it will be a great time meeting all of you and talking about everything that we like !
Old Mar 2, 05, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Looks like enough people are interested....

Well....it certainly seems as though there is enough interest to take this to the next stage. The "get together" in Zurich was organised by verve (who did a great job - thanks!), and we (SWISS) came into the proceedings later, with our offer of somewhere to meet initially, and a Q&A session, etc. This time, it's been a little different, since I posted the original suggestion. However, I think it would be better for one of the regular FT'ers to "take ownership" of choosing a date, and organising the non-SWISS part of the evening (last time, this was a dinner downtown). Once you (collectively) have chosen a date, I am happy to confirm the details of what we can offer, etc.

"Can I have a volunteer,please ?"

Hope this is OK for everyone........

CHInsider
(Barry Green, SWISS)
Old Mar 2, 05, 6:34 am

volunteer,please ??

Originally Posted by CHInsider

"Can I have a volunteer,please ?"

Hope this is OK for everyone........

CHInsider
(Barry Green, SWISS)
I m ready to organise to non Swiss part...

PS please guys do we have a final date then ???

Maybe better in April then ..., ?? the second week ???

kooks
Old Mar 2, 05, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Smile Thank You !

Originally Posted by kooks
I m ready to organise to non Swiss part...

PS please guys do we have a final date then ???

Maybe better in April then ..., ?? the second week ???

kooks
Thanks, kooks. I also think April would be better - gives us a little more time to organise properly, and for you to fix a date that people can fit into their diaries.

CHInsider

Search this Thread