Search

online booking...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
online booking...

Good evening everybody,

shortly after today's midday I wanted to book four tickets to Prague (WebSpecial offer) at swiss.com. Everything worked fine. As usually I typed in my TC-numer and all passenger details and pressed "proceed". But instead of a booking confirmation I got a "technical error [...]" notice. Here is a screenshot of it.

But well, this can happen. So I waited for more than an hour and tried again - but the same thing afresh. Now I called the Silver-hotline and asked if there is a major problem with their booking engine. The call-center agent first had no clue but then confirmed that there is a technical problem. Just try again. I'm sure it will work sometime! Nice hint!

But I didn't give up and tried every 45 minutes. But after six (!) further attempts it started getting on my nerves. To be precise: I was getting stirred up and was even prepared to pay the extra charge of booking through the call center!!! So I called the Silver-hotline again and asked if they could help me. The agent was very friendly and helpful, but really had no clue. First I had to explain what a WebSpecial from the weekly newsletter is At that point I was wondering if I was really phoning LX ... But then he looked at the reservation system and said that on my preferred flights no seats were available. But on the website, I replied, it still says nine seat left. Well, this is quite mystery. But I can't book it. In fact, the flight is not full but the reservation system shows zero seats left for this fare class. I'm sorry He also didn't know of any technical problems concerning the website.

Summing up: the website states that there are more than enough seats left, but the call-center is not aware because the reservation shows only closed booking/fare classes!!!

Can somebody explain to me what the he** has happend? I have booked more than one time through swiss.com (the WebSpecials too) and this has never happend to me. The result is that LX has "lost" nearly 1000,-- CHF in revenues, I have wasted a whole afternoon and additionaly was left completly annoyed...

Last edited by Frequent_Flyer1; Feb 9, 2005 at 11:06 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
While I don't know what exactly has happened to you this afternoon, I am certainly familiar with the error message you've got. When that last happened to me (also trying to book a web special), I simply called LX and explained to them that I wanted to book a web special but the website wouldn't let me. The agent then typed away for a minute or so and then issued the ticket for me, at the CHF99 + tax price and without charging the <whatever> fee they have now.

Maybe your agent was simply imcompetent? Have you asked for a supervisor at some point? Generally, I'd always make sure to talk to the people in ZRH and not the idiots in the other call centers - they seem to know nothing at all!
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yup, I recognise that screenshot, the variants of it, and the frustration. But don't forget we're talking about a website that goes into hysterics over the use of the <- back button......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.