Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Q's for EWR

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2004, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen
Question Lounge Q's for EWR

I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but all my sarches have come back inconcluesive, so bear with me as I run this down.
I'm flying LX to ZRH in C next week, can anyone clue me in on what to expect from the LX EWR business lounge?
First of all, I'm assuming I will have access as an AA PLT traveling on an AA award ticket.
Does LX operate their own lounge there or is it run by AA?
Do they offer anything that could be considered "dinner"?
As far as I recall lounges at EWR are planeside, is that correct?

Thanks very much for you input.
BT
Old May 1, 2004, 10:30 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
LX does not operate its own lounge at EWR Terminal B. AA operates from EWR Terminal A so it's incovenient for LX pax to use the Admirals Club. I had access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in July 2003 when I flew LX in F. I'm not sure if pax flying LX in C have access to Virgin's Clubhouse. Instead, you might be offered access to Delta's Crown Room Club. I'm not sure if LX has changed lounge policies in EWR to include access to the BA Terraces lounge. Call LX at 877-359-7947 to confirm what lounge access you will have.

Last edited by Mr. Strong; May 1, 2004 at 11:09 pm Reason: Additional Information
Old May 2, 2004, 5:45 am

My last EWR-ZRH trip was in January so this might not be up-to-date anymore: Since Swiss does not operate its own lounge at EWR, they offer you a Delta Crown Room invitation at the check-in. In the beginning they had their planes docked on the middle concourse, so you had to go through security twice, but that fortunately changed last year. The Crown Room is usually quite crow(n)ded and the offering of food & drinks is not very spectacular.
Old May 2, 2004, 5:47 am

oh, your questions No warm food, yes the lounge is airside.
Old May 2, 2004, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Cheers

Thanks Mr S. and atlantic for your input^.

Shucks, and I was hoping on being pampered by LX before I even left the ground, as I've heard good things of their JFK lounge. But hey, at least it's planeside.
I'll give LX a call & get the skinny.
Cheers-
BT
Old May 19, 2004, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

EWR feedback

Alas when you're in J, it's but the DL Crown Room (planeside) with the flair of a TGI in the heart of, say Bethesda, MD.
The Chivas is just as good as anywhere else and you have a nice view of the tarmac & Manhattatan beyond. No food available though and the courteous hostesses advised me not to bring back any cheese burgers from the (landside) food court unless they were for them.
Old May 20, 2004, 1:47 am
Suspended

Talking

LX Pax at EWR are indeed given entry to the DL Crown Room.

The flight to ZRH now also gates for departure in the same finger dock as the lounge. So, no more having to go through a second security check.

Although there is no food, the people there are very kind and gentle.
And the bar is fully stocked....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.