Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Competition 41*41

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2003, 1:05 am

The competition started on Sept 5 . I called to book my winning tickets yesterday and someone said the competition was still on. Anyone has other info ??
Old Oct 2, 2003, 2:16 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL, Flying Blue Silver, SPG, HHonors, LHW LeadersClub
Thanks Marvin (and SWISS ), I won two tickets !
Old Oct 2, 2003, 3:53 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I entered every day and didn't win one. </font>
Same here.

BTW am I right in reading that people who won one have to pay the taxes? Not exactly a "free" ticket.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 3:54 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pccs:
Thanks Marvin (and SWISS </font>
I'm glad quite a few people here were lucky - some more than once! pccs is quite correct - thanks should really go to SWISS.

Since we assume / "know" that they [SWISS staff] are lurking here somewhere, I'd like to take the opportunity thank them "personally". "Merci a tous"
Rgds
Marvin

P.S. Did anyone find the people on the end of the special phone number as friendly and helpful as I did? I found that it made the "winning experience" even more pleasant.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 4:45 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by f4free:
I entered every day and didn't win one.
</font>
Dito.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 7:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
Originally posted by f4free:
I entered every day and didn't win one.
</font>
Dito.
I only know non swiss winners....did we overlook something? (or a syntax problem with 49 CHF ?)

Peter_A
Old Oct 2, 2003, 7:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Peter,
pccs is from LAusanne VD if I'm not mistaken. I guess it's just a matter of chance.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
Peter,
pccs is from LAusanne VD if I'm not mistaken. I guess it's just a matter of chance.
</font>
Right airoli, I'm from Switzerland. I don't think that the land of residence matters. In a logical way, winners from Switzerland cost less ; I expect that a ZRH - XXX or GVA - ZRH - XXX is cheaper for SWISS than a LHR - ZRH - XXX for example.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:31 am

Peter,

</font>

OK did see that . I still wonder what pccs typed in the first field ? (49 or CHF 49 or 49 CHF, SFR 49.. etc)

Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by padams:

OK did see that . I still wonder what pccs typed in the first field ? (49 or CHF 49 or 49 CHF, SFR 49.. etc)
</font>
Sometimes 49.00 CHF, 49 CHF or CHF 49.00
Old Oct 2, 2003, 10:35 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marvin:
pccs is quite correct - thanks should really go to SWISS.</font>
YES!!!! I just can assent to this statement. Thanks a lot SWISS! This is - was - one of the best costumer satisfactions in those current circumstances...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> P.S. Did anyone find the people on the end of the special phone number as friendly and helpful as I did? I found that it made the "winning experience" even more pleasant.</font>
Indeed, very friendly, helpful and accommodating. They would have even consulted me in which city to go best! (how should they know that there's a flyertalker on the line...? )
Old Oct 2, 2003, 11:49 am

When I search their web site for flights CPH-LHR I get a lot of SK/BA/BD/MD flights, but no LX flights over ZRH. If I was to choose LHR as the destination for the flight I won, would I fly on another carrier?
Old Oct 2, 2003, 1:15 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by galaba:
When I search their web site for flights CPH-LHR I get a lot of SK/BA/BD/MD flights, but no LX flights over ZRH. If I was to choose LHR as the destination for the flight I won, would I fly on another carrier?</font>

No - you would fly Swiss via ZRH. They don't publish fares between the two, but they will route on LX metal for an award ticket.

You can check availability by searching for 'E' class on 'LX' for the individual segments (CPH-ZRH & ZRH-LON) in Galileo.

Regards,
Alex

[This message has been edited by alexwuk (edited 10-02-2003).]
Old Oct 2, 2003, 3:36 pm

Sorry to insist, but I called today and was told the competition was still on until Oct 16, and that I should just look into the website and wait until it's fixed ?
Old Oct 4, 2003, 12:42 pm

Thanks Alex

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice weekend trip in February 2004 to a destination serviced by Swiss? I'd like to go somewhere I've never been before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.