Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH-LAX F, Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
ZRH-LAX F, Opinions?

Did a search on this but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm booking an AA partner award ticket. For the return, I was thinking of doing BCN-ZRH-LAX-SJC. I wanted to see what the opinions were on ZRH-LAX in first class. Anyone with experience? For the outbound, I'm doing SJC-ORD-LHR-BCN(Iberia). ORD-LHR is on AA's 777 Flagship configuration, and I'm really looking forward to that. But I thought it'd be nice to try something different on the way back, and to stop for a day in Zurich. I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:07 am

ZRH-LAX in F class is one of the nicest flight....A long one too 11.50H...

Very good food, day flight, you can enjoy a lot more then the LAX-ZRH flight, the food is better too...

Go for it....

Have a good flight.

kooks
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

I spent some time looking at their website. The product sure looks nice. But at the same time, it's good to get other people's input. Obviously the website is going to make it look as nice as can be. I'm very glad to hear that the service is good.

Anyone else with an experience they'd like to share?
Old Sep 24, 2003, 10:16 pm

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
Well, I haven't done ZRH-LAX, but have done ORD-ZRH in F.

Without question, the single best air travel experience I have ever had (okay, so I haven't flown SQ or CX in F, but you get the idea).

Outstanding crew, extremely comfortable sleeper seats (slept like a baby, which I otherwise never do on a plane), unbelievable service, and great food (including two helpings of lobster tail for the appetizer ).

Let's put it this way: when my wife and I settled into our AA F "suites" on our return (this time from LGW) two weeks later, we looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders as if to say, "no big deal." Because compared to LX F, it's not.

Spend the miles (and a day in Zurich). You'll be happy you did.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Now I only have to hope that they have award inventory in F. 330 days out is October 4th, so I'll know then.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I flew in April BOS-ZRH in F and it was wonderful. I was so happy to have such a comfortable seat and great FAs. The food was excellent. Flew back to LAX from ZRH a week later. I had been sick as a dog and was looking forward to the flat bed and sleeping. Nice amenities and some of the best coffee in the air. You can also use the First Class Lounge in Zurich. Has a couple of showers (but the ones in the Allegra lounge are nicer). Good selection of pastries, fruit, yoghurt and more of that delicious coffee.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Another question.....what equipment were you all on when you flew? It looks from the website that they've replaced the MD-11 with the 340-300. Anyone flown on the new plane?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 9:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MeLike2Travel:
Another question.....what equipment were you all on when you flew? It looks from the website that they've replaced the MD-11 with the 340-300. Anyone flown on the new plane?</font>
According to www.seatmap.com on the 4th of October the plane will be an MD-11.

I think the A340 will be in service for LAX only in December...

As for the equipment, no personal screen, you get a DVD player and arround 10 different movies to choose from.

The aminities are poor now. No more La Prairie products, just the usual...

As for the seats they are the same as the A340 one except for the personal screen which you will have in the A340.

According to www.seatmap.com, only one seat is available now... but in Galileo you have : F4 so you might have a chance to get the award if not already...

Good luck,

kooks.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Clarification....my travel date is 8/30/04. 330 days before then is 10/4/03, so that's when I'm booking it. And I assume by then it'll be the A340.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MeLike2Travel:
Now I only have to hope that they have award inventory in F. 330 days out is October 4th, so I'll know then.</font>

[This message has been edited by MeLike2Travel (edited 09-25-2003).]
Old Sep 25, 2003, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
LAX will be A340 service starting December 6, 2003. A340 implementation schedule.

As kooks pointed out, the A340 has a personal screen and audio/video on demand.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

cool, so I'll definitely be on an A340 if I'm able to book ZRH-LAX. Now I just have to wait until 10/4 and hope that there's F award inventory for the two of us!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 4:31 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
LX F is one of the best products out there. Food is nothing short of spectacular and the quality can fairly be compared to dining in a 4* restaurant. I flew them MIA-ZRH-MIA and will always cherish the memories.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 1:20 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
How about LX in J?

I have a OW award in J. So far I am sched. to fly in Jan.: BKK-HKG-lax/CX,
lax-ord-CLE/AA. I am considering re-routing via Europe. However, the joining may not be in time.

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Sep 27, 2003, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I heard from a travel agent that LX will not be available on oneworld RTWs until April 04, and even then only on tickets bought after that date.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 11:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Brendan:
How about LX in J?

I have a OW award in J. So far I am sched. to fly in Jan.: BKK-HKG-lax/CX,
lax-ord-CLE/AA. I am considering re-routing via Europe. However, the joining may not be in time.

</font>
If you travel with the MD-11, the seats in C class are nor very good, old, not confortable, no personnal screen...

If you have the "chance" to travel after Dec 6th as Airoli said, you would be able to try the new A340 with the new "flat" seat...

kooks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.