What's happening to the former Swissair fleet

Old Apr 27, 2003, 1:24 am
Original Poster

What's happening to the former Swissair fleet

In this thread on the JetBlue board, someone asked why JetBlue ordered brandnew A320s when many Airbusses of the bust Ansett (and the same goes for Swissair) are still parked in the desert. I replied that these aircrafts are probably under the control of courts and administrators until the legal disputes with creditors of the bust airlines have been settled.

Can some of you ex-Swissair experts provide further insight? I was wondering about the status of the few dozens of ex-SR Airbusses myself, also in the light of Swiss Sun buying brandnew A320s instead of reactivating SR ones. Several A330s from the SN and SR fleet have been leased to LH, so there must be ways to free these aircrafts during the ongoing liquidation process.

[This message has been edited by HajoFlyer (edited 04-27-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.