Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich Landing Fees Negative Impact for LX & Zurich

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Zurich Landing Fees Negative Impact for LX & Zurich

A substantial rise in landing fees at Zurich Kloten Airport has resulted in Easyjet threatening to exit the Zurich market. This could raise fares by 25 Euros per passenger.

Could be further negative for LX and Zurich connections.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:27 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Certainly this IS negative for ZRH as a connecting place. OTOH, the taxes only go up once the new terminal is opened. I certainly look forward to that.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 6:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
A substantial rise in landing fees at Zurich Kloten Airport has resulted in Easyjet threatening to exit the Zurich market. This could raise fares by 25 Euros per passenger.

</font>
airoli are you sure that you want the long trip to that island terminal ? no more leaving-downtown-within-30-minutes of departure and still make your flight !

Although it DOES like nice ! any news on new lounges in there?
Peter

Old Feb 11, 2003, 8:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:

</font>
This post is from the Swissair Group at Yahoo! For those who are not following the discussion there regarding the same topic:

As a swiss customer it don't really care about the CHF 36, because its not really a reason to use another airport if you are flying on a regular fare. It certainly will drive LCC customers away, who are used to pay those ridiculously low fares. There, paying 30% or more of your fare as airport taxes will make a difference. From a swiss perspective this might not be as bad as it looks.

atlantic
Old Feb 11, 2003, 9:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by padams:
airoli are you sure that you want the long trip to that island terminal ?</font>
My reasoning was that they will probably use the new "premium" terminal mainly for longhaul flights. If I'm on one of those, I usually check luggage and need to be there earlier anyway. I hope that the shorthauls still leave from terminal A.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">My reasoning was that they will probably use the new "premium" terminal mainly for longhaul flights. If I'm on one of those, I usually check luggage and need to be there earlier anyway. I hope that the shorthauls still leave from terminal A.

[/B]</font>
I agree (though I tend to travel light and go to the west coast with hand luggage only normally). I sure hope that the GVA flights from ZRH remain relatively close to the entrance (nothing beats the A gates at GVA I guess).

The increased fees might have an impact on the attractiveness of ZRH as a hub may be??

Peter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.