Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bei Swiss kommt es voraussichtlich zu keinem Flottenabbau

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2003, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Bei Swiss kommt es voraussichtlich zu keinem Flottenabbau

In German.. but surprise ! no fleet reduction !

http://information.bluewin.ch/de/inf...,16193,00.html

PA
Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:32 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
this totally contradicts the above post
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Swiss' to reduce regional fleet by 5-10 planes, cut more than 200 jobs-report

Swiss International Air Lines AG plans to reduce its regional fleet by 5 to 10 aircraft, Swiss daily TagesAnzeiger said, citing sources close to the management.

As a result, up to 200 flying personnel will lose their jobs and further job cuts are expected among ground staff, the newspaper said.

Only half of the destinations that 'Swiss' currently serves to and from Basel are economically viable, it said.

A spokesman for 'Swiss' declined to confirm the report, but it is understood that the airline plans to announce the long awaited fleet reduction and job cuts over the next couple of weeks, the newspaper said.

Only yesterday, ground handling union GATA said it has been informed by the company's management that it does not foresee any fleet cuts, although further cost cuts that will hit personnel are likely.</font>
Old Feb 10, 2003, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Clearly a mistake, I posted it since I was surpised in the first place.

Just got back from another horrible KLM experience (worsed food in Y in the world on the short EU flights!). Will have to read up on the Swiss plans ... Hope they keep Basel as a hub ...

Peter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.