Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:41 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I would like to submit this seatmap to the "Biggest Business Class Section on a Swiss A321" Competition.

The curtain can't actually be moved more than to row 18! I've never seen this before... I mean if I tell people I flew Euro Business in Row 18 on an A321 they will not believe me!
I wonder if I should mvoe to an exit row, just for fun.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I see this quite regularly on the morning GVA-ZRH flight that feeds the big bank of long hauls at ZRH. My next one has only 17 rows of C though

FRA-MUC on LH has similar C patterns.

Some C rows might disappear closer to departure, as bookings become firmer.

As much as we complain about the NEK seats in euro-C, this shows exactly why almost all European airlines have introduced this flexibility.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I would like to submit this seatmap to the "Biggest Business Class Section on a Swiss A321" Competition.

The curtain can't actually be moved more than to row 18! I've never seen this before... I mean if I tell people I flew Euro Business in Row 18 on an A321 they will not believe me!
I wonder if I should mvoe to an exit row, just for fun.
wow, for which flight is this? My upcoming ZRH-GVA (evening flight) in C has 16 rows...I thought that was big but yours takes the cake...
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MichielR
I see this quite regularly on the morning GVA-ZRH flight that feeds the big bank of long hauls at ZRH. My next one has only 17 rows of C though

FRA-MUC on LH has similar C patterns.

Some C rows might disappear closer to departure, as bookings become firmer.

As much as we complain about the NEK seats in euro-C, this shows exactly why almost all European airlines have introduced this flexibility.
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier

wow, for which flight is this? My upcoming ZRH-GVA (evening flight) in C has 16 rows...I thought that was big but yours takes the cake...
It is the 07:30 ZRH-GVA flight next April. I assume it’s so big for all the longhaul arrivals that connect to GVA, but the flight is still empty (the other two occupied seats are blocked by the system). There is still some time to fill it up, but I wouldn’t mind to have 18 rows of Business to myself

The only other route I saw something like that was on ZRH-TLV when the A330 or B77W was switched to an A320/321...

I wonder if this is an indicator that the flight maybe operated by a longhaul plane. (Perhaps a newly retrofitted A343, but yes I’m daydreaming now)

Last edited by Nick Art; Oct 31, 2018 at 1:32 am
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A further small question: Does anybody know why Seats 2C and 6D on Swiss shorthaul planes are automatically blocked? (if Business has that many rows that is). On all my upcoming Swiss flights on shorthaul planes (CS300 A321 etc.) those seats are blocked and I wonder why.
I know that seats in row 3 are usually blocked for UCM and animals, but those seats are not proactively blocked when selecting the seat on the webpage (you can select it and save it but it will bump you back to another row or seat). Seat 2C and 6D, however, are.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
LX2807 and LX2809 (GVA-ZRH) regularly have 12-16 rows in C (and is always completely full). These are the two main feeder flights from GVA for almost all flights from ZRH to the US, for ZRH-MCT, -DEL, -YUL, -PVG, -NRT, as well as the SQ and TG flights to SIN and BKK, respectively. Not to forget a few dozen flights major European cities that LX does not serve directly from GVA, e.g. ARN, AMS, TXL ...
But 18 rows in C is indeed impressive!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by Nick Art
A further small question: Does anybody know why Seats 2C and 6D on Swiss shorthaul planes are automatically blocked? (if Business has that many rows that is). On all my upcoming Swiss flights on shorthaul planes (CS300 A321 etc.) those seats are blocked and I wonder why.
I know that seats in row 3 are usually blocked for UCM and animals, but those seats are not proactively blocked when selecting the seat on the webpage (you can select it and save it but it will bump you back to another row or seat). Seat 2C and 6D, however, are.
Possibly these seats have removable armrests and are blocked in case needed for handicaped passengers for instance
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Are First seats on L/H aircraft used on routes without F reserved for Hons? Most of the 333/777 flights on the ZRH-TLV seem to go without the First cabin being used.

Are they not missing a trick here? Why not open them up and charge double for them than the usual special seat prices?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by clubman
Are First seats on L/H aircraft used on routes without F reserved for Hons? Most of the 333/777 flights on the ZRH-TLV seem to go without the First cabin being used.

Are they not missing a trick here? Why not open them up and charge double for them than the usual special seat prices?
They do. One way you can reserve an F seat on ZRH-TLV only at the airport though for the cheap price of 250.-, but with J service. HONs do get them for free. Same if a longhaul is used on European routes, F seats go to the HONS.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
If you are flying F TATL connecting to TLV in C you get one of the F seats with C service. Other F seats are then auctioned and finally, the remaining seats are assigned to HON at the gate.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MichielR
If you are flying F TATL connecting to TLV in C you get one of the F seats with C service. Other F seats are then auctioned and finally, the remaining seats are assigned to HON at the gate.
Ah yes, I forgot to mention F connecting pax, they do also receive F seats when long haul planes are used on other short haul routes.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Interesting, thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:40 am

Also, TLV is often subbed to be run by A321's - having to tell C pax that they'll get a tiny seat is one thing, having to tell F pax the same, is slightly different.

I believe you can also get a F seat free of charge on the ZRH-TLV/TLV-ZRH leg if your long haul into/from ZRH is booked in F, but obviously you're only receiving a C class ticket on that leg.

edit: oops, it was said above already.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Chase, United
First, can anyone recommend free non-status seats in business on the A330? Do 6k and 6g have significantly more legroom? There is a reference above to basinets: is that where they go, and does that make these seats liable to get you bounced for a baby? Seated next to a baby? What are the best?

Second, does anyone know how to search this forum for a seat number? It is too short to use the thread search, and I can't figure out a way to get the whole thread on one webpage to search?

thanks in advance!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zoechow
First, can anyone recommend free non-status seats in business on the A330? Do 6k and 6g have significantly more legroom?
Yes, significantly. Like all seats in rows 4 and 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.