Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Swiss944
hi,

i’m flying from LAX To ZRH with the 773 in J with my partner.

The only seats left (to seat together) are 6DG Or 17DG.. 6DG have the toilets near them, 17DG have the Y bassinet seats near them...

which ones are better ?

thanks !
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Defintely 6DG, these are bulkhead seats, in the front so not so near to the engines, and there is no issue with the toilets being relatively close, IME.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:52 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hey there

Is anybody else having issues with seat reservation that don't stick on Swiss.com?
On my ZRH-DXB leg for example I try to assign myself 1A, but every time once I have returned to the booking page it has booted me back to 2K.
On my fight to NUE it's the same: We are 3 travelling and had the first row in Y: 10A, 10C, 10D. Now it bumps us like that every single time: 10A->12C, 10C->12D and 10D -> 11D. What is up with that? We have already lost the first few rows now because of that and to sit together we'd need to move even further back.
On the return two of them stick, but mines is always switched one row back. (9D -> 10D).

It's so annoying.
asimha likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:56 am
Suspended

773 in Y

had 23J on the 330 but eqp swamp and now it will be the 773 , assigned 22D aisle middle bulkhead. Leg room wise is 23B gonna give me more room then 22D? Prefer 23C cant get thru but Id rather be in 23B if it affords more leg room then 22D asile
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:45 am

hello, i have an C flight monday, it's exactely when that Swiss stops charging for the throne seats?

48h prior to the departure?

i'm flying LX 93 GRU-ZRH Monday 18h15
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Correct.
pkormann likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:58 pm

scored 5K on the mini cabin...

but it has one window only... though decisions haha
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
If you prefer 2 seats at the window, I would try to get 4JK or 7JK - both have much (much!) more legroom than 5AB. If windows are not your thing, I'd try to get 4DG or 6DG - again, much more legroom and 4G and 6G are seats enclosed on both sides (much like the "throne" seats). I just flew 4DG and then in 6DG with my daughter in the last two weeks.
Row 4 is more quiet than rows 6/7, as 6/7 are right behind the galley whereas row 4 is right behind the F cabin and one row away from the galley behind.

For me personally, the much bigger legroom is the deciding factor, so I can accept being closer to the galley.
My wife and I are currently seated in 5 A & B on 777. Does 4A have this much more legroom? I might snag it T-48. Could you describe in inches how much more legroom 4A would have over 5A? I am 6'6' so this might be worth it for sleeping.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:45 pm

6'6" - you will regret not having switched to 4A if you had the choice but stayed in 5A. I am 6'5" and would never go for anything else if I had the choice between any seat in bulkhead vs. any other seat in the C cabin. It's not really about "legroom", as the seat is the same lenght, but more about "footrom". You will not be able to move / turn your feet inside the footwell in 5A if your feet are anywhere near the size of mine (and I guess at 6'6 they would be ).

I can't give you measurements in inches, but I can describe it as "bench vise vs. open closet". In terms of volume (width x height x depth) I think the bulkhead footwells are probably 3 times bigger. I think I posted pictures of one of the bulkhead footwells upthread, I have one of my 2-year-old daughter sitting within one of them.

Edit to add: pics are in post #1024

Last edited by goliath; Aug 22, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:20 am

Thanks for the detailed and quick response! I now need to convince my wife us sitting next to each other won't be a big deal. Any clue if the flight crew would care if I booked 4A and sat next to my wife during meal service in the open seat of 5A?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:41 am

Sitting in 5A would certainly not be an issue if it remained empty. I would definitely not count on that, though. There's a good chance someone else would take that empty window seat in the Stübli (mini cabin) at check-in or at the gate.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:46 am

Very true. It has remained open so far and we fly in one week but I know for a fact my wife doesn't want to sit next to a stranger so that my footwell could be bigger. I'll probably just keep my current seat and suck it up.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:48 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by aln10788
Very true. It has remained open so far and we fly in one week but I know for a fact my wife doesn't want to sit next to a stranger so that my footwell could be bigger. I'll probably just keep my current seat and suck it up.
You could also try and assign her 4A so she has a better seat, as long as you don‘t mind sitting next to a stranger.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by aln10788
As a couple, 4D/G or 6D/G would be good alternatives if you don’t mind not having a window.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR

As a couple, 4D/G or 6D/G would be good alternatives if you don’t mind not having a window.
Those are unfortunately taken already. I booked back in Feb and those were the only seats taken at the time.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:44 pm
pp1

Business class seat selection

I just got upgraded via the swiss bargain upgrade bidding on JFK -> Zur next week. I tried to select my new seat on Swiss.com and the map allowed me to pick a seat but everytime I log back on the seat is de-selected.

When deciding to bid, I remember seeing that if your bid gets accepted, you must abide by the seat assigned to you by Swiss Air. I can't remember where I read this or whether it is true but is this the case? Will I be able to request whichever seat is available upon the 48 hours till check in window when everyone else in all other classes can select seats or have I now foregone this option in all and the only way to work around this is to pay the $200 for a throne seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.