Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Thanks! Guess it's just a website glitch then.

Now the question is, is the mini-cabin (ie row 4 & 5) preferred over the main cabin?
I am flying on LX179 Singapore - Zurich
11/02/2018 in whY class aircraft is a T7) 13+ hours

LX178 whY class 4/02 (T7) 12+ hours

Looking at LX website I see a "preferred zone" rows 24 to 30

I am curious to know who qualifies for this "preferred zone"... without paying the extra charge?
Any chance being a Star Alliance Gold (United)... or is it only LH/LX SEN/HON getting it free?

I would not be able to tell if the flights are very full in whY. Maybe somebody can help.
Thank you.

Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:33 am

I'll be flying Swiss Business on A330 and I was wondering which seat to choose between the ones you can see below. I initially went for 10K as it's a single seat but then thought 5D would be better since more private in the section in front. However I just read that 5D is not the best in terms of legroom.
Which one to go for?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I like the quieter small cabin and having the table between the seat and the aisle (like 5D; unlike 10K) so I'd stick with your choice and hope 4K or 7K or 9K open up at check in.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:38 am

Anyone have any opinions on which seats to choose as a married couple traveling on the 777-300ER from Zurich to Sao Paulo? I'm thinking 5A and 5B, but would appreciate some opinions.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
If you prefer 2 seats at the window, I would try to get 4JK or 7JK - both have much (much!) more legroom than 5AB. If windows are not your thing, I'd try to get 4DG or 6DG - again, much more legroom and 4G and 6G are seats enclosed on both sides (much like the "throne" seats). I just flew 4DG and then in 6DG with my daughter in the last two weeks.
Row 4 is more quiet than rows 6/7, as 6/7 are right behind the galley whereas row 4 is right behind the F cabin and one row away from the galley behind.

For me personally, the much bigger legroom is the deciding factor, so I can accept being closer to the galley.
Flamenguista likes this.

Last edited by goliath; Feb 23, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:14 am

8k on 340

8K is the only single seat I can get. Anyone sit here? Any issues besides no window?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by goliath
5D is the same as 12G - all seats where you have to stick your feet into the hole between two seats in front of you are the same - the worst in terms of foot space.
Apologies for quoting such an old post.

Do bulkheads seats in both the mini- and main-cabin offer the larger footwells? In other words, if I wanted maximum room for my legs, I'd opt for either row 4 or 6 regardless of whether I'm flying an A330 or 777, correct?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
Do bulkheads seats in both the mini- and main-cabin offer the larger footwells?
Yes.

In other words, if I wanted maximum room for my legs, I'd opt for either row 4 or 6 regardless of whether I'm flying an A330 or 777, correct?
Correct - with the addition of 7A, 7J, 7K on the 777 (row 6 consists of only 6D, 6G on the 777).
ffsim likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Do the seats marked with a 'star' and reserved for Senators and HONs open up at T-24 hours for everyone? Can I do this without checking in, or is check in required for getting these seats?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by blueman2
Do the seats marked with a 'star' and reserved for Senators and HONs open up at T-24 hours for everyone? Can I do this without checking in, or is check in required for getting these seats?
Marked with a star are not reserved for SEN/HON, they are premium paid seats (may be booked by SEN/HON for no charge). These open to the masses for free at T-48 and I suggest you check as close as possible to that time. Other premium seats (the ones with red x's) will remain blocked for SEN/HON until check-in.
blueman2, ffsim and zoechow like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Marked with a star are not reserved for SEN/HON, they are premium paid seats (may be booked by SEN/HON for no charge). These open to the masses for free at T-48 and I suggest you check as close as possible to that time. Other premium seats (the ones with red x's) will remain blocked for SEN/HON until check-in.
Kacee, paid/premium seats open at T-48? Or at T-24? I assume that does not include the "throne" seats which require payment no matter when selected???
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:20 am

Infant in lap in 77W F

Hello!

I'm about to book an F flight to Hong Kong with my wife and infant.

During the checkout process I was unable to select seats. I tried another booking without the infant and then I could select seats.

I called Swiss and they simply said that when traveling with an infant in lap you'll get seats assigned for you since the seat needs to have two oxygen masks. I asked if she knew which seats had two oxygen masks at which point the agent became angry (!) and repeated the previous information.

Does anybody know which seats in the 77W F have two oxygen masks? I'd really like to be seated in D/G with my wife and infant.

The fact that I can't select seats and the arrogant behavior of the agent is steering me towards Lufthansa instead. Is Swiss always this arrogant? I'd really like to avoid an irrops in that case...
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Kacee, paid/premium seats open at T-48? Or at T-24? I assume that does not include the "throne" seats which require payment no matter when selected???
Wait, "throne" seats require payment even if they're the only ones remaining available at check-in??
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think I was pretty clear on this (and my parallel post in the "throne" thread).

But again, the starred seats (including thrones) open at T-48. Blocked seats do not.
blueman2 and ffsim like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:47 am

Wait, "throne" seats require payment even if they're the only ones remaining available at check-in??
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think I was pretty clear on this (and my parallel post in the "throne" thread).

But again, the starred seats (including thrones) open at T-48. Blocked seats do not.
Thanks, Kacee. I didn't mean to muddy the waters. I appreciate your clarity. So to reconfirm, at T-48, the HON and paid seats open up. Then at T-24, the blocked seats might become available.

Last edited by blueman2; Apr 5, 2018 at 10:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.